Learning how to write and read in Somali

Simple way is learn how C and X are used. That should clean up quite a bit. Reading somali can be a bit of a mindfuck when starting out because if English is your first language then you are taught phonetics. That shit dont exist when reading somali lol.

Simple way is learn how C and X are used. That should clean up quite a bit. Reading somali can be a bit of a mindfuck when starting out because if English is your first language then you are taught phonetics. That shit dont exist when reading somali lol.
The way they laugh in texts used to confuse me. Someone said “KKK” after a funny text and I thought they meant the Ku Klux Klan.

Som

VIP
I can speak Somali but I do not know how write or read, can you guys recommend books or any materials that can help me. Thank you.
Reading Is very easy.
Learn pronunciation of X. C, Dh , kh and Qa sounds and double vowels. You read it as it sounds

Writing is a bit more tricky though, depending on your level of spoken af Soomaali you will be able to know if a word has long or short vowels.
I think u can find school text books from the kacaan era on some archives online. Those books were specifically meant for kids learning af soomaali