Latinos are threatened by the political success of Somali-Americans in Minneapolis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
800MohamedFarahKaJoog1.jpg

A candidate running for a seat on the Minneapolis City Council is accusing the incumbent, Ward 9 representative Alondra Cano, of attempting to create a racial divide by challenging nearly every East African delegate to the 9th Ward DFL Convention on April 29.

Mohamed Farah issued a press release stating Trish Welte, a campaign manager for Cano, filed a challenge to 101 delegates and alternates to the convention, which is scheduled to be held at Minneapolis South High School.

Of those 101 challenges, 90 are to delegates with East African surnames.

Farah, the executive director of the Somali nonprofit Ka Joog, went on to call the challenges 'voter suppression plain and simple' and accused Cano of using 'Jim Crow tactics.'

Delegates were chosen in DFL precinct caucuses on April 4. Cano and Farah are vying with former City Council member Gary Schiff for the seat.

Both Farrah and Schiff say Cano has challenged their delegate status as well.

Farah, however, attacked the strategy, saying the moves were meant to target East African delegates.

"Alondra Cano is acting like Donald Trump," Farah said in the release. "Trump wants a Muslim travel ban and Cano wants to ban East Africans from the DFL endorsement process based on their surnames alone."

Schiff said Farah's claims match what his campaign has found. He is calling for the state DFL party to step in and settle the matter.

"In all my years in politics, I've never seen an effort to disenfranchise so many people of one race in the DFL," Schiff said.

"We're asking the state party to step in and protect the rights of voters who are being disenfranchised," he added.

http://kstp.com/news/minneapolis-city-council-candidate-voter-suppression/4460650/

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
LOL. Once the U.S becomes less white and 85% Liberal/Democrat.

It will no longer be Democrat vs Republican.

It will be: Black/African Democrat vs White Democrat vs East Asian Democrat vs Hispanic Democrat vs Arab Democrat vs Indian/South Asian Democrat :mjlol:

But, it appears we are getting an early taste here :chrisfreshhah::drakelaugh:

i thought Somalis were dominant in the 6th ward, ya'll wanna expand now and take over the whole city at others expense?

Duchess

VIP
i thought Somalis were dominant in the 6th ward, ya'll wanna expand now and take over the whole city at others expense?

They also live in the 9th ward. Do you support this attempt at voter suppression? Why can't Somalis move wherever they want and exercise their legal right to participate in the political process?

If you had any sense, you would have agreed and maybe secured yourself a good paying job in the process.
I don't want to be like that hawiye guy who known only for his mj wife:pachah1:
You be surprised how much my mom likes mj people:mjlol:
She's like @John Michael :francis:
Am to young to be settling down marriage life seems miserable annoying shitty kids:pacspit: women controlling(all the female relatives i have are control freaks):hova:

Duchess

VIP
I don't want to be like that hawiye guy who known only for his mj wife:pachah1:
You be surprised how much my mom likes mj people:mjlol:
She's like @John Michael :francis:
Am to young to be settling down marriage life seems miserable annoying shitty kids:pacspit: women controlling(all the female relatives i have are control freaks):hova:

He's your people sxb. :mjswag:

Duchess

VIP
@Duchess arent u from canada

and who will be responsible when these shaqo raadis fobs try to take an all cadaan ward

Shaqo raadis fobs? He's an educated Somali man who runs a well-known non-profit and his ward isn't "all cadaan". Not even close. If that were the case, the incumbent wouldn't feel threatened by the Somali community mobilizing and getting out the vote. Come November, Minneapolis will have 2 Somali CM's. :rejoice:

I'm a dual citizen and former resident of little Garowe. :mjpls:

Shaqo raadis fobs? He's an educated Somali man who runs a well-known non-profit and his ward isn't "all cadaan". Not even close. If that were the case, the incumbent wouldn't feel threatened by the Somali community mobilizing and getting out the vote. Come November, Minneapolis will have 2 Somali CM's. :rejoice:

I'm a dual citizen and former resident of little Garowe. :mjpls:
lol:whoa: i didnt mean him. i just dont want the boat to be rocked too hard. slow and steady that will lead to competent and visionary leaders that can help the community reach new heights.

Duchess

VIP
lol:whoa: i didnt mean him. i just dont want the boat to be rocked too hard. slow and steady that will lead to competent and visionary leaders that can help the community reach new heights.

You don't think Mohamed Farah is a capable leader?

A lot of stuff is missing from this. I urge people to click on the link. Evidently East African delegates are alleged to have not followed basic policy such as not living in the prescint

Duchess

VIP
A lot of stuff is missing from this. I urge people to click on the link. Evidently East African delegates are alleged to have not followed basic policy such as not living in the prescint

An allegation both Farah and another challenger who is not Somali said was a flat out lie. Cano fears the Somali vote and is picking on delegates with Somali sounding surnames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending