Language Shaming: Somali Men Disrespect Nigerian/Liberian Guy for Speaking Somali

Mr. Nur

Aspiring Somali CEO ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ด
At first, I couldn't stop laughing at how the Somali abti was dissing the men for speaking Somali. I mean, I hope he understands for example Somali Bantu and other ethnic non-somali people who speaks somali exists, lol. But all jokes aside..

I hope our people understand It is important to recognize that language is a fundamental part of a person's identity and culture. In the case of Somali men disrespecting a Nigerian/Liberian guy for speaking Somali, it is important to understand that language is a tool for communication and should not be used as a means of exclusion or discrimination. Instead, we should celebrate linguistic diversity and encourage multilingualism. By promoting respect for all languages and cultures, we can create a more inclusive and tolerant society.

https://edubirdie.com/examples/language-shaming-should-not-be-normalised-in-malaysia/

Mr. Nur

You won't understand if you just jump into the comments. Watch this video first. I encourage you to then comment what you think so we're on the same level of understanding what's happening. This can help to avoid misunderstandings and promote productive discussions. But anyway, share your thoughts.

Qatar buu isku mooda da way he is talking to the kid wa yaab why would u wanna treat someone dat ain't said nothing bad about u dat way maxa dadkaan ka qaldan wallahi when u see Somali caqli xun wa kuwa aduunka ugu caqli xun.

The way this kid is speaking Afsomali waxan u malayna inu half Somali yahay.

Mr. Nur

Qatar buu isku mooda da way he is talking to the kid wa yaab why would u wanna treat someone dat ain't said nothing bad about u dat way maxa dadkaan ka qaldan wallahi when u see Somali caqli xun wa kuwa aduunka ugu caqli xun.

The way this kid is speaking Afsomali waxan u malayna inu half Somali yahay.

You're probably right, but to me, he looks like a Somali/Oromo mix or some type other ethnic group in horn. Who knows?

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
What a scum bag! Who reacts that way when you find out someone (who may not be Somali) speaks your language.

Please don't make this into a north vs south discussion. Bad people are all over the world.

Mr. Nur

What a scum bag! Who reacts that way when you find out someone (who may not be Somali) speaks your language.

Please don't make this into a north vs south discussion. Bad people are all over the world.

I agree with you walalo, I tried my best to avoid the North vs. South discussion. I just found a video on Twitter, but the official person who posted the video made their own comment on the post. However, it was them who turned this into a North vs. South discussion, not me

Last edited:

CALMONE20###

Roots in Somaliland + Somali Region โœ๏ธ
Most individuals take it as a sign of respect when one talks to them in their language. They shouldn't have been mean to the guy.

The guy is fully somali he was joking in that live. They were assuming stuff so he went along with it.
You should see his tts tho all the halimos are simping in his comments ๐Ÿ˜‚
The guy got sympathy rizz :deadrose:

Trending