Khat is the Devil's plant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Khat is one of the many deadly issues facing our people back home. This drug has crippled our nation for centuries & has destroyed many Somali lives & families. Some people would argue it's part of our "culture", but that's complete BS, since there's absolutely no benefit in the use of Khat.

It's literally turned our people into Zombies...
:farmajoyaab:

Check out the devastating impact Khat has had on this young lad, who's in his 20's:

This brother should be strong, healthy & in-shape at his age, but unfortunately khat is destroying the fella & there are many more young Somalis like him who are in a similar situation back home.
:jcoleno::faysalwtf:

We need a Gov't that can wage war & eliminate this poison from Somali society for good & ensure that the future inheritors of Somaliweyn are healthy, strong and physically fit Insha'Allah.
:wow1:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Khat has numerous disadvantages not just for health reasons but also, social and economic aspects as well. For example, Khat makes the father stay and chew with his friends instead of spending time with his family. The children will lack a father figure in the house thus becoming intolerant and incompetent in society.

As for health. Khat leaves contain cathinones, an active brain stimulant that is similar in structure and pharmacological activity to amphetamines. Like amphetamines, Khat ingestion in low doses results in decreased appetite, euphoria, increased intellectual efficiency, and hyperalertness.

High doses and chronic use of Khat can cause more serious adverse neurological, psychiatric, cardiovascular, dental, gastrointestinal and genitourinary effects. Besides damaging health, Khat has adverse socio-economic consequences effects on many other aspects of life including the loss of thousands of acres of arable land and billions of hours of work.

I'm not sure if khat will ever be banned but I'm optimistic that it will be banned one day since many youngsters are waking up to the poison plant.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
It's why the country is in turmoil...

chewing leaves while at FKD sessions...
Staying unemployed, fxcking greeny teeths, unhygienic, protrudimg belly as if they have kwashiorkor etc

All this result to mental illness, but no one treats and cares for such people who're disturbed, instead they're ignored and stigmatized..

I'd seen numerous people with mental illness down the roads back then when I was in Africa.. I was surprised, no one cared for them:farmajoyaab: yet played with, and treated like qashin...

When we don't help and have mercy for the unfortunate, what do you think we will achieve as a country?

No naxariis for mental people:(

Somaalida qaarkod habaar ayee qabaan...

At least we(diaspora) don't do things like that... as far as ^I know^

IMG_20181121_005918.JPG

That comment :pachah1:

You keep the somali in check with khat and qabiil while the politician gets fatter and fatter.

You also keep the diaspora in check with welfare and a high sense of qabilism.

You defeat the somali.

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
Khat is one of the many deadly issues facing our people back home. This drug has crippled our nation for centuries & has destroyed many Somali lives & families. Some people would argue it's part of our "culture", but that's complete BS, since there's absolutely no benefit in the use of Khat.

It's literally turned our people into Zombies...
:farmajoyaab:

Check out the devastating impact Khat has had on this young lad, who's in his 20's:

This brother should be strong, healthy & in-shape at his age, but unfortunately khat is destroying the fella & there are many more young Somalis like him who are in a similar situation back home.
:jcoleno::faysalwtf:

We need a Gov't that can wage war & eliminate this poison from Somali society for good & ensure that the future inheritors of Somaliweyn are healthy, strong and physically fit Insha'Allah.
:wow1:
Somalis have addictive personalities they can’t handle any intoxicants in any way they become junkies why doesn’t Kenyans or Ethiopians where khat comes from have this problem even Yemenis aren’t as bad as us:draketf:

Somalis have addictive personalities they can’t handle any intoxicants in any way they become junkies why doesn’t Kenyans or Ethiopians where khat comes from have this problem even Yemenis aren’t as bad as us:draketf:
Trust me, Yemenis have it worse when it comes to khat lol, but our people are not that far behind when it comes to destructive habits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending