Kerma and Kadruka: Who were they?

What's the latest scoop and can I we wuz them?

267706077_2100843966786175_1276966771701242920_n.jpg

Kingdom of Kerma is the oldest confirmed Cushitic civilization. The Kadruka sample is a 4,000 year old individual located in the Kerma region whose hair was used for DNA extraction. It was determined that they were genetically indistinguishable from Kenyan/Tanzanian neolithic pastoralists (Southern Cushites)

I wouldn’t go around we wuzzing Kerma as a Somali though. The only modern people who can claim this civilization are the Sudanese.

Last edited:
Kingdom of Kerma is the oldest confirmed Cushitic civilization. The Kadruka sample is a 4,000 year old individual located in the Kerma region whose hair was used for DNA extraction. It was determined that they were genetically indistinguishable from Kenyan/Tanzanian neolithic pastoralists (Southern Cushites)

I wouldn’t go around we wuzzing Kerma as a Somali though. The only modern people who can claim this civilization are the Sudanese.

I heard that Kerma was an Egyptian city. How true is that?

I heard that Kerma was an Egyptian city. How true is that?
Kerma was a Nubian civilization the city is located Sudan. The region known as Nubia goes from Aswan in southern Egypt to Khartoum today. There were periods when Ancient Egypt conquered Nubia but the inverse also happened, the 25th dynasty of Egypt was Nubian for example.

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 12.25.39 PM.png

As it looks now, the Somali subclade arrived into Somalia around 3500 years ago. Kerma Kingdom can be traced all the way back to 4500 years ago. Calling it “we wuzzing” is extremely disingenuous.

Sudanese is a nationality, it’s not an ethnicity. Only Bejas and Nubians in Sudan can claim Kerma.

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP

If this were south Cushitic so there must be similar kingdom in Kenya or even in the horn bc they can't just loose that culture

We need to go way back mudane. The last few centuries have been terrible.
You can’t just recreate history walaal, esp history going back 1000s of years. I would much rather to see in the present, our version of Alexander the Great than to read it in books

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP

Mash'Allah, the Cushites & Civilisation go hand in hand.
Such a shame we as a collective have been disgraced so badly by foreign expansion...

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
You can’t just recreate history walaal, esp history going back 1000s of years. I would much rather to see in the present, our version of Alexander the Great than to read it in books
Don't worry walaal i got you covered

And we already have our version of alexander, the man himself, Gurey.
gurey 1.jpg

Trending

Latest posts