Justice Ruth Ginsburg Dead at 87

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
:pachah1: The old HAG have done everything in her power to stay alive. Hospitals have become her residential apartments all because of her hatred for the Donald :ftw9nwa:

Trump and the conservatives are overjoyed with this magnificent news, another Justice on the Supreme Court is a marvelous win for the GOP.

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP
Just days before her death, as her strength waned, Ginsburg dictated this statement to her granddaughter Clara Spera: "My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed."

She knew what was to come. Ginsburg's death will have profound consequences for the court and the country. Inside the court, not only is the leader of the liberal wing gone, but with the court about to open a new term, the chief justice no longer holds the controlling vote in closely contested cases.

Though Roberts has a consistently conservative record in most cases, he has split from fellow conservatives in a few important ones this year, casting his vote with liberals, for instance, to protect at least temporarily the so-called DREAMers from deportation by the Trump administration, to uphold a major abortion precedent and to uphold bans on large church gatherings during the coronavirus pandemic. But with Ginsburg gone, there is no clear court majority for those outcomes.

Upcoming political battle

Indeed, a week after the upcoming presidential election, the court is for the third time scheduled to hear a challenge brought by Republicans to the Affordable Care Act, known as Obamacare. In 2012, the high court upheld the law in a 5-4 ruling, with Roberts casting the deciding vote and writing the opinion for the majority. But this time the outcome may well be different.

That's because Ginsburg's death gives Republicans the chance to tighten their grip on the court with another Trump appointment so conservatives would have 6-to-3 majority. And that would mean that even a defection on the right would leave conservatives with enough votes to prevail in the Obamacare case and many others.

At the center of the battle to achieve that will be Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. In 2016, he took a step unprecedented in modern times: He refused for nearly a year to allow any consideration of President Barack Obama's Supreme Court Nominee.

Back then, McConnell's justification was the upcoming presidential election, which he said would allow voters a chance to weigh in on what kind of justice they wanted. But now, with the tables turned, McConnell has made clear he will not follow the same course. Instead he will try immediately to push through a Trump nominee so as to ensure a conservative justice to fill Ginsburg's liberal shoes, even if President Trump were to lose his reelection bid. Asked what he would do in circumstances such as these, McConnell said: "Oh, we'd fill it."

So what happens in the coming weeks will be bare-knuckle politics, writ large, on the stage of a presidential election. It will be a fight Ginsburg had hoped to avoid, telling Justice John Paul Stevens shortly before his death that she hoped to serve as long as he did — until age 90.

"My dream is that I will stay on the court as long as he did," she said in an interview in 2019.

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP
Just days before her death, as her strength waned, Ginsburg dictated this statement to her granddaughter Clara Spera: "My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed."

She knew what was to come. Ginsburg's death will have profound consequences for the court and the country. Inside the court, not only is the leader of the liberal wing gone, but with the court about to open a new term, the chief justice no longer holds the controlling vote in closely contested cases.

Though Roberts has a consistently conservative record in most cases, he has split from fellow conservatives in a few important ones this year, casting his vote with liberals, for instance, to protect at least temporarily the so-called DREAMers from deportation by the Trump administration, to uphold a major abortion precedent and to uphold bans on large church gatherings during the coronavirus pandemic. But with Ginsburg gone, there is no clear court majority for those outcomes.

Upcoming political battle

Indeed, a week after the upcoming presidential election, the court is for the third time scheduled to hear a challenge brought by Republicans to the Affordable Care Act, known as Obamacare. In 2012, the high court upheld the law in a 5-4 ruling, with Roberts casting the deciding vote and writing the opinion for the majority. But this time the outcome may well be different.

That's because Ginsburg's death gives Republicans the chance to tighten their grip on the court with another Trump appointment so conservatives would have 6-to-3 majority. And that would mean that even a defection on the right would leave conservatives with enough votes to prevail in the Obamacare case and many others.

At the center of the battle to achieve that will be Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. In 2016, he took a step unprecedented in modern times: He refused for nearly a year to allow any consideration of President Barack Obama's Supreme Court Nominee.

Back then, McConnell's justification was the upcoming presidential election, which he said would allow voters a chance to weigh in on what kind of justice they wanted. But now, with the tables turned, McConnell has made clear he will not follow the same course. Instead he will try immediately to push through a Trump nominee so as to ensure a conservative justice to fill Ginsburg's liberal shoes, even if President Trump were to lose his reelection bid. Asked what he would do in circumstances such as these, McConnell said: "Oh, we'd fill it."

So what happens in the coming weeks will be bare-knuckle politics, writ large, on the stage of a presidential election. It will be a fight Ginsburg had hoped to avoid, telling Justice John Paul Stevens shortly before his death that she hoped to serve as long as he did — until age 90.

"My dream is that I will stay on the court as long as he did," she said in an interview in 2019.
The scary part is that the republicans have 4 months to fill that seat, even if Trump loses his re-election bid. The new members of Congress will not be sworn in till January 2021.

:pachah1: The old HAG have done everything in her power to stay alive. Hospitals have become her residential apartments all because of her hatred for the Donald :ftw9nwa:

Trump and the conservatives are overjoyed with this magnificent news, another Justice on the Supreme Court is a marvelous win for the GOP.

sures she was yahuud and she was very pro gay, pro trans and pro abortion,

but do not celebrate to early, FDR in the 1930s got pissed at conservatives trying to stop him when he was subsidising rich business men and inflating the money supply as he devalued gold back dollar by 70% and when he saw he was being blocked by the supreme court, he simply showed he can ask congress to increase the number of judges, which is something democrats have said they may do as soon as they come to power, where they can increase number of judges to 15 to beat the republicans if needed

and i have a feeling the democrats may win the senate come November since they already control the lower house, specially if the idea to give Dc their own senators comes true this will allow them to win the senate since DC votes love democrats

The scary part is that the republicans have 4 months to fill that seat, even if Trump loses his re-election bid. The new members of Congress will not be sworn in till January 2021.

i strongly doubt they will do it by then, shumer and pelosi and all democrats will go ape crazy and watch for more rumours of how ever is picked as a rapist, racist etc, he will be turned into a political football with strange females coming out of now where saying he did this to me a few years ago

and if it happens, the democrats could in theory say we are going to increase the umber of judges, if the control both houses

Addislad

Farmaajo for president 2021
sures she was yahuud and she was very pro gay, pro trans and pro abortion,

but do not celebrate to early, FDR in the 1930s got pissed at conservatives trying to stop him when he was subsidising rich business men and inflating the money supply as he devalued gold back dollar by 70% and when he saw he was being blocked by the supreme court, he simply showed he can ask congress to increase the number of judges, which is something democrats have said they may do as soon as they come to power, where they can increase number of judges to 15 to beat the republicans if needed

and i have a feeling the democrats may win the senate come November since they already control the lower house, specially if the idea to give Dc their own senators comes true this will allow them to win the senate since DC votes love democrats
The founding fathers wanted a federal district as a seat for the federal government.

Granting dc statehood is unconstitutional

The founding fathers wanted a federal district as a seat for the federal government.

Granting dc statehood is unconstitutional

the democrats are trying to change that claiming its unfair blah blah

deep down they know DC is a cesspool of democrats and will thus trying to gain a control l of the senate that way, imagining getting a 2 majority in the senate? this is what they want

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
i strongly doubt they will do it by then, shumer and pelosi and all democrats will go ape crazy and watch for more rumours of how ever is picked as a rapist, racist etc, he will be turned into a political football with strange females coming out of now where saying he did this to me a few years ago

and if it happens, the democrats could in theory say we are going to increase the umber of judges, if the control both houses
Democrats are spineless, it wouldn't surprise me if Trump nominates someone before the election.

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP
Democrats are spineless, it wouldn't surprise me if Trump nominates someone before the election.
Trump can legally nominate a replacement tomorrow morning, this has nothing to do with Democrats bro, the ball is in Trump and McConnell's yard now.

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP
Dems are furious with McConnell lmao. Senate majority leader is a savage mofo :pachah1:
IMG_20200919_070841.jpg
IMG_20200919_070914.jpg
IMG_20200919_070946.jpg

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP
Since the inauguration of Trump in 2017, conservatives adopted a funny sentence to spam social media.
"Still not tired of all this winning" :ftw9nwa:
This sentence drives leftists really MAAAD :deadmanny:
IMG_20200919_073511.jpg