JUST GOT BACK; what’ve experienced in Turkey. Some stuff are shocking, come in at your discretion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
after a marathon journey from Ohio and 2 stops later I landed in the land of Erdogan. The Passport control line was long as when you trying to exit a masjid on a Friday Juma. However, once I got the passport control person I was nicely let inside the country.

I took the metro to my hotel.

Here are my impressions:

The Turks are color blind, no one glances at you. They go about their business. They are polite and helpful.

They have these aggressive hagglers, people who stand front of businesses who will harass you to come into their establishment.

The Turks are very fashionable people. Men and women alike are beautiful. They dress very well. There people are slim. Their men look like that Salt Bae guy. Their women look like Norwegian females. It’s not what I’ve expected. They look very progressive looking people.

They have an awesome transportation system, cheap and convenient.

Now let’s looh at the negative side.

The Turks might as well be gaalos. Attaturk has rendered them gaalos. Every restaurant and store serves alcohol. Qoomu-luudhs hold hands in the open. Naagos roam around wearing short skirts. Couples kissing in the open.

Their business cater to tourist that I’m afraid the moment this country suffers from a boycott a lot of people will be unemployed.

There are scam artist everywhere. The hotel I was at scammed me on my checkout. A guy knocked on my door one day and handed me a bottled water. I thought the bottled water in the fridge was free. I was charged $28. Their bottled waters are like $.30c

I ran into 5 Somali military trainees. They were all drunk and were holding a bottle. I couldn’t believe it.

Apollo

VIP
There people are slim.

Compared to Americans everyone is slim, but Turks are one of the fattest people in Europe:

obese.jpg

Apollo

VIP
I realized that Americans are supersized, ugly creators. Everyone in Turkey looked like a model

By the way, the skinniest countries on the planet are Eritrea and Ethiopia.. :lol:, in Somalia they are slightly fatter than them according to the World Health Organization.

after a marathon journey from Ohio and 2 stops later I landed in the land of Erdogan. The Passport control line was long as when you trying to exit a masjid on a Friday Juma. However, once I got the passport control person I was nicely let inside the country.

Here are my impressions:

The Turks are color blind, no one glances at you. They go about their business. They are polite and helpful.

They have these aggressive hagglers, people who stand front of businesses who will harass you to come into their establishment.

The Turks are very fashionable people. Men and women alike are beautiful. They dress very well. There people are slim. Their men look like that Salt Bae guy. Their women look like Norwegian females. It’s not what I’ve expected. They look very progressive looking people.

The Turks might as well be gaalos. Attaturk has rendered them gaalos. Every restaurant and store serves alcohol. Qoomu-luudhs hold hands in the open. Naagos roam around wearing short skirts. Couples kissing in the open.

Their business cater to tourist that I’m afraid the moment this country suffers from a boycott a lot of people will be unemployed.

There are scam artist everywhere. The hotel I was at scammed me on my checkout. A guy knocked on my door one day and handed me a bottled water. I thought the bottled water in the fridge was free. I was charged $28. Their bottled waters are like $.30c

I ran into 5 Somali military trainees. They were all drunk and were holding a bottle. I couldn’t believe it.

Istanbul is very progressive, even more than some european cities. They used to have pride marches every year until very recently.

The more conservative parts of turkey is in central and northern anatolia.

With regards to alcohol, it isnt really a taboo there. People eat kebab and wash it down with raki after coming from juma prayer :damedamn:

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
By the way, the skinniest countries on the planet are Eritrea and Ethiopia.. :lol:, in Somalia they are slightly fatter than them according to the World Health Organization.

Look at those fat Croatian bastards, fat fucks. It is from all that pork they are eating.

Whereas Bosniaks are among the least fat in Europe.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Here are my impressions:

Rkelly

First of all, welcome back. Thanks for the reporting. Very informative.

I am wondering is Bisexuality part of Qoomu Luudh??? Because u called Men and Women of Turks . equally "Beautiful"

Just a random intrusive thoughts/question :)

Backing up backwards slowly....while bowing my head and my 17th century English gown.///

I was in Istanbul this summer and I was surprised at how modern and progressive it was. Turkey is definitely not a Middle Eastern shithole. Women wore whatever they wanted, but the majority were wearing those nice little silk hijabs that looks like a shaash. They were very polite and friendly people, but no one knew what ethnicity me and my family were. 90% said Egyptian, 9% said Syrian (wtf) and the remainder said Sudan. When I said Somali, they just looked at me blankly. :icon lol:
In Istanbul, the streets were clean, the malls were big and impressive and the transport system especially the metro was way better and efficient than the one in London. I actually felt like I was going back to Africa when I returned to third-world London. The UK is a fucking joke walahi :mjcry:

I was in Istanbul this summer and I was surprised at how modern and progressive it was. Turkey is definitely not a Middle Eastern shithole. Women wore whatever they wanted, but the majority were wearing those nice little silk hijabs that looks like a shaash. They were very polite and friendly people, but no one knew what ethnicity me and my family were. 90% said Egyptian, 9% said Syrian (wtf) and the remainder said Sudan. When I said Somali, they just looked at me blankly. :icon lol:
In Istanbul, the streets were clean, the malls were big and impressive and the transport system especially the metro was way better and efficient than the one in London. I actually felt like I was going back to Africa when I returned to third-world London. The UK is a fucking joke walahi :mjcry:
Yes, the local drug dealer is a turk. Very intelligent and funny guy. We talk sometimes about philosophy and world history and also about how the drug markets price fluctuation is interconnected to things hapening in north africa. Very interesting guy.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot

You are incredible! You’ve accepted my designation of the UK as a third world country.

Speaking of Istanbul people trying to figure out my nationality :chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah:majority of the time they said I was a Khaleeji or Indian :mjlol:or Jazaria (Algerian). What the hell! I know I got a sharp nose but my complexion is like somewhat dark. Why were they mistaking me for an Arab. Im disappointed.

Their transportation was off the hook. I used it the whole time. Apparently their transportation system is very new, the oldest is 12 years old.

Notice how clean the city was. Every night there were these vehicles cleaning it.

I’m telling you, Turkey is advanced, maybe not Turkey but it’s major cities

What part of the city did you guys stayed at ? What hotel ?

How much was your airfare?

You are incredible! You’ve accepted my designation of the UK as a third world country.

Speaking of Istanbul people trying to figure out my nationality :chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah:majority of the time they said I was a Khaleeji or Indian :mjlol:or Jazaria (Algerian). What the hell! I know I got a sharp nose but my complexion is like somewhat dark. Why were they mistaking me for an Arab. Im disappointed.

Their transportation was off the hook. I used it the whole time. Apparently their transportation system is very new, the oldest is 12 years old.

Notice how clean the city was. Every night there were these vehicles cleaning it.

I’m telling you, Turkey is advanced, maybe not Turkey but it’s major cities

What part of the city did you guys stayed at ? What hotel ?

How much was your airfare?

We stayed in the Reşitpaşa hotel, can’t remember the name of the neighborhood but it was 10-15 minuet tram ride to the Sultan Ahmmet mosque.

Istanbul is easily my newest favourite city on earth. The rich history and culture has blended in really well with modern society and the Turks are some of the nicest people around. Me and my family loved the public transport system so much that we used it throughout our entire stay. The Turks are very social people and every time we went on the tram we had pleasant conversations with curious locals. They may look European, but I think it is their Muslim culture that makes them friendly and welcoming to strangers. Our ethnicity also turned us in celebrities, it was actually nice to be rare and exotic for the first time. In London, people see you and think all Somalis are welfare guzzling aliens with ten kids.

And yes, the UK is a backwards, ugly and uncivilised nation. I can’t believe they can call themselves first-world Europeans, it is far from it, even my dad was complaining at the ugliness of London when we returned. I hate taking the bus and trains here as they are always either late or delayed and very unclean, cramped and smelly, unlike the nice, fast and efficient trams and trains in Istanbul.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
We stayed in the Reşitpaşa hotel, can’t remember the name of the neighborhood but it was 10-15 minuet tram ride to the Sultan Ahmmet mosque.

Istanbul is easily my newest favourite city on earth. The rich history and culture has blended in really well with modern society and the Turks are some of the nicest people around. Me and my family loved the public transport system so much that we used it throughout our entire stay. The Turks are very social people and every time we went on the tram we had pleasant conversations with curious locals. They may look European, but I think it is their Muslim culture that makes them friendly and welcoming to strangers. Our ethnicity also turned us in celebrities, it was actually nice to be rare and exotic for the first time. In London, people see you and think all Somalis are welfare guzzling aliens with ten kids.

And yes, the UK is a backwards, ugly and uncivilised nation. I can’t believe they can call themselves first-world Europeans, it is far from it, even my dad was complaining at the ugliness of London when we returned. I hate taking the bus and trains here as they are always either late or delayed and very unclean, cramped and smelly, unlike the nice, fast and efficient trams and trains in Istanbul.

I swear I’m not kidding when I tell you this, the female that was with me had the most bizarre experience. We were at the blue Mosque, just walking around when I noticed a girl blow a kiss to my female. I looked behind and my female is like “she blew me a kiss bro”. I just told her maybe she likes you. A minute later I see my female and the other chick ( her group of girls) taking a pic with my female. Ileen they were Afghani tourist who have never seen (in real life) a very darkest complexed Black oersonal. ( my female is very black). My female was saying “omg I’m been treated like a celebrity “ and I was like “no! You just so black “.

What about their food?

What about their clothes? I love their fashion sense. Next time I go there I’m shopping for clothes.

How did you guys tolerated the hagglers (business hustlers)

Woooow! We were staying on the same section of the city

I swear I’m not kidding when I tell you this, the female that was with me had the most bizarre experience. We were at the blue Mosque, just walking around when I noticed a girl blow a kiss to my female. I looked behind and my female is like “she blew me a kiss bro”. I just told her maybe she likes you. A minute later I see my female and the other chick ( her group of girls) taking a pic with my female. Ileen they were Afghani tourist who have never seen (in real life) a very darkest complexed Black oersonal. ( my female is very black). My female was saying “omg I’m been treated like a celebrity “ and I was like “no! You just so black “.

What about their food?

What about their clothes? I love their fashion sense. Next time I go there I’m shopping for clothes.

How did you guys tolerated the hagglers (business hustlers)

Lol that’s what happened to us to. When my dad and my little brothers went to the local mosque they said that men were touching my youngest brother’s hair all the time (he’s 7 with caramel skin and silky black hair, the other is 10 with reddish brown skin and curly hair). Every night they would come home laughing saying that people were asking if they were SYRIAN of all people. I was expecting every one to call us Sudanese but no, we got Syrian, Egyptian and Moroccan. Me and my mum got the same comments as well. By the way, we all prayed together at the Sultan Ahmet mosque every Friday, we took the tram to the city and prayed with both Turks and tourists. The mosque is incredibly beautiful mashallah and it was such a magical and beautiful experience to pray there. We also visited the tombs of many great Ottoman sultans. Ottoman history is my second favourite, after ancient Egypt of course :icon e wink: so I knew what to look out for and who each Sultan and their queens were.

I love the women’s fashion sense. Cultured, yet modern. I love the little bright scarves they wear and the silk tunics that stop just below the thigh. The men looked very neat and well-dressed too. I’m definitely going shopping too.

Their food was not that great. The sweets like baklava were amazing and the takeout like pizza was nice, but the Turkish food I had was disappointing. I love Turkish food in London but the ones in Istanbul lacked flavour and seasoning. I read online that spicy and flavourful food is enjoyied in the southeast of Turkey but not in the West. That probably explains it. Maybe the Turkish restaurants in London had to spice up their food as most of us here are used to Indian and Jamaican food that is packed full of spicy herbs and seasonings. What do you think about the food?

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Lol that’s what happened to us to. When my dad and my little brothers went to the local mosque they said that men were touching my youngest brother’s hair all the time (he’s 7 with caramel skin and silky black hair, the other is 10 with reddish brown skin and curly hair). Every night they would come home laughing saying that people were asking if they were SYRIAN of all people. I was expecting every one to call us Sudanese but no, we got Syrian, Egyptian and Moroccan. Me and my mum got the same comments as well. By the way, we all prayed together at the Sultan Ahmet mosque every Friday, we took the tram to the city and prayed with both Turks and tourists. The mosque is incredibly beautiful mashallah and it was such a magical and beautiful experience to pray there. We also visited the tombs of many great Ottoman sultans. Ottoman history is my second favourite, after ancient Egypt of course :icon e wink: so I knew what to look out for and who each Sultan and their queens were.

I love the women’s fashion sense. Cultured, yet modern. I love the little bright scarves they wear and the silk tunics that stop just below the thigh. The men looked very neat and well-dressed too. I’m definitely going shopping too.

Their food was not that great. The sweets like baklava were amazing and the takeout like pizza was nice, but the Turkish food I had was disappointing. I love Turkish food in London but the ones in Istanbul lacked flavour and seasoning. I read online that spicy and flavourful food is enjoyied in the southeast of Turkey but not in the West. That probably explains it. Maybe the Turkish restaurants in London had to spice up their food as most of us here are used to Indian and Jamaican food that is packed full of spicy herbs and seasonings. What do you think about the food?

I was highly disappointed with their food. It finally dawn on me that Somalis have better food then them.
However, their morning breakfast was spectacular.

Have you guys done the Hamam bath?

Did you smoked Shisha? I know you London folks overdose on that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts