Just found out that one of my great great grandparents was oromo? am I cooked?

Things like this is one of the reasons I don’t get why people in the Horn are so obsessed with their lineage/tribe. All of us lived so closely together that there is a strong possibility that your ancestors married into “enemy” tribes. And the criteria to even be considered part of one of these tribes is blurred anyway, there are plenty of people that identify as other tribes just because they speak the language, even though they know they actually come from a different tribe.

It’s one of the downsides of recording your history through oral traditions; you don’t actually know for sure where you come from. An Oromo could do a test and find out he’s actually Habesha. Or a Somali could do a test and find out he’s actually an assimilated Oromo.

Things like this is one of the reasons I don’t get why people in the Horn are so obsessed with their lineage/tribe. All of us lived so closely together that there is a strong possibility that your ancestors married into “enemy” tribes. And the criteria to even be considered part of one of these tribes is blurred anyway, there are plenty of people that identify as other tribes just because they speak the language, even though they know they actually come from a different tribe.

It’s one of the downsides of recording your history through oral traditions; you don’t actually know for sure where you come from. An Oromo could do a test and find out he’s actually Habesha. Or a Somali could do a test and find out he’s actually an assimilated Oromo.
I was going to say ‘Talk about yourself…I’m definitely Somali’ until I remembered I might do a DNA test and life has a habit of humbling people LOOL.

Yeah Ill try to give more info, apprently my family use to live in oromo lands so much so that they one my grand fathers know oromo a little bit... its an online forum take it as fact or fiction. I quite literally am reeling in from a shock right now..
You have to test with Big Y to see if you got Oromo or Somali paternal roots. This is the only way.

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
No Im not his brother cause All of need to do a dna test because imagine if you become 50% amxaar That would be neat wouldnt it? So maybe you should stop implying im oromo cuz maybe it was just an oromo that wanted to quit being an oromo and finally be somali again DUde Oromos arent even all ethnically the same they are a bunch of tree butterin Rednecks

Wonyluvr

“la vie en rose🥀 ~”
VIP
No Im not his brother cause All of need to do a dna test because imagine if you become 50% amxaar That would be neat wouldnt it? So maybe you should stop implying im oromo cuz maybe it was just an oromo that wanted to quit being an oromo and finally be somali again DUde Oromos arent even all ethnically the same they are a bunch of tree butterin Rednecks
Cabdi I was joking.u good????
FF26E727-A632-4519-8679-6CB6175EA895.jpeg

Wonyluvr

“la vie en rose🥀 ~”
VIP
No as a mater of fact im not good right now. Im just sifting through the massive replies IVe been getting
You aren’t Oromo.This never happened.You aren’t Oromo.This never happened.You aren’t Oromo.This never happened.You aren’t Oromo.This never happened.You aren’t Oromo.This never happened.You aren’t Oromo.This never happened.You aren’t Oromo.This never happened.You never found that out.You never found that out.You never found that out.You never found that out.You never found that out.You never found that out.You never found that out.You never found that out.You never found that out.

Trending