Jungle Fever Was Running High With My Great Grandfather

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Just had my 23andme ancestry dna test results...

Screenshot_20211008-165355_23andMe.jpg

Screenshot_20211008-165506_23andMe.jpg

Screenshot_20211008-165522_23andMe.jpg

Screenshot_20211008-165739_23andMe.jpg

Screenshot_20211008-165804_23andMe.jpg

Now I know how Uncle Ruckus felt.

Reer Bari dealt in the slave trade we are the only Northern region with a Madowweyne population :tocry:

I don't think this tiny percentage is from the Bari slave trade at all.. I believe the Bari slave trade was late 1800s?

If it was from recent slave trade, which was 2 to 3 generations ago maximum; the percentage of Bantu would have been much, much higher in the double digits at least... this would be great-grandmother or even grandmother and @Arma would have known the name of that maternal ancestor.

Why is this significant?

Your people are the products of ancient admixture events, so this changes nothing.

Apollo

VIP
Reer Bari dealt in the slave trade we are the only Northern region with a Madowweyne population :tocry:

It is not from his reer Bari side. I am connected to hundreds of people from the Northeast / Bari on 23andMe and not a single one has Southeast African.

Almost certain it is from his Degoodi / Degodia side of the family. His mother might be 4% Southeast African, but weirdly enough the other few Degoodis I saw on 23andMe didn't. I think only had 1%.

Som

VIP
It is not from his reer Bari side. I am connected to hundreds of people from the Northeast / Bari on 23andMe and not a single one has Southeast African.

Almost certain it is from his Degoodi / Degodia side of the family. His mother might be 4% Southeast African, but weirdly enough the other few Degoodis I saw on 23andMe didn't. I think only had 1%.
Maybe a single intermarriage between a Degoodi and a Bantu Kenyan or a Masai

Trending