Joint Statement of the Bahr Dar Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joint Statement of the Bahr Dar Meeting Between the leaders of Ethiopia, Somalia and Eritrea

Unknown.jpg

The leaders of Ethiopia, Somalia and Eritrea, Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed, President Mohammed Abdullahi Mahmud Farmajo and President Isaias Afwerki held a series of consultations in Bahr Dar, Ethiopia on November 9-10, 2018.

The three sides stressed that this, their second meeting in as many months highlights the historic transformation towards peace and integration in the horn of Africa.

In their consultations, the three leaders reviewed developments and achievements since the signing in Asmara of the Joint Declaration on Friendship and Comprehensive Cooperation between the three countries.

They noted with satisfaction the tangible and positive outcomes already registered, and agreed to consolidate their mutual solidarity and support in addressing challenges that they face individually and collectively. In this regard, they stressed the importance of respecting the sovereignty, territorial integrity and political independence of Somalia as well as their firm support for the Somali people and the Federal Government of Somalia and all its institutions. They also commended them for the progress they are making towards peace and stability.

The leaders of Ethiopia, Somalia and Eritrea welcomed the impending lifting of all sanctions against Eritrea and underscored their conviction that this act of justice would contribute to enhancing peace, development and cooperation in the region. They also reaffirmed their commitment to an inclusive regional peace and cooperation.

The presidents of Eritrea and Somalia expressed their profound appreciation to Prime Minister Abiy and the people and government of Ethiopia for the warm reception an hospitality accorded to them and their delegations in the historic city of Gondar and the beautiful city of Bahr Dar, a reception that reflected the close and historic ties between the three nations.

Bahr Dar, 10 November 2018

http://www.shabait.com/news/local-n...n-the-leaders-of-ethiopia-somalia-and-eritrea

Blah blah
Meeting meeting
Blah we agreed on this crucial blah blah, historic blah commitment and more xaar.

Tell farmaajo to bring security to xamar first. Baby steps.

There shouldn't even be a foreign affairs department in Somalia. Divorce us from anything that isn't internal affairs. Every penny and all energy must be spent on fixing the country, all else must be put on held.

What can afwerki and abiy do for us? Nothing at best.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
ETHIOPIA’S MILITARY

However a statement by an Ethiopia top military man General Berhanu Jula pointed to what could have formed part of the agenda by the three leaders. Addressing the media this past week, Gen. Jula expressed his country’s desire for a presence within the Indian Ocean and the Red Sea waters.

“Although we do not have a sea outlet, we are very closer to the Red Sea and the Indian Ocean. Now, we witnessed that many countries have showed a growing desire to build naval bases in Somalia, Djibouti, Puntland, and Eritrea and we can build our navy, standing 60 km away from the coast,” said Gen. Jula.

Gen. Jula said his country was ‘consulting with other countries regarding the naval reinstatement, capacity, and structure. Countries which acquired possessions around the Red Sea and Indian Ocean provide naval bases for other countries, so that, it is a strategic decision that Ethiopia has to develop maritime power within its proximity.”

http://goobjoog.com/english/little-from-bahr-dar-meeting-amid-ethiopias-naval-ambitions/

Joint Statement of the Bahr Dar Meeting Between the leaders of Ethiopia, Somalia and Eritrea

The leaders of Ethiopia, Somalia and Eritrea, Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed, President Mohammed Abdullahi Mahmud Farmajo and President Isaias Afwerki held a series of consultations in Bahr Dar, Ethiopia on November 9-10, 2018.

The three sides stressed that this, their second meeting in as many months highlights the historic transformation towards peace and integration in the horn of Africa.

In their consultations, the three leaders reviewed developments and achievements since the signing in Asmara of the Joint Declaration on Friendship and Comprehensive Cooperation between the three countries.

They noted with satisfaction the tangible and positive outcomes already registered, and agreed to consolidate their mutual solidarity and support in addressing challenges that they face individually and collectively. In this regard, they stressed the importance of respecting the sovereignty, territorial integrity and political independence of Somalia as well as their firm support for the Somali people and the Federal Government of Somalia and all its institutions. They also commended them for the progress they are making towards peace and stability.

The leaders of Ethiopia, Somalia and Eritrea welcomed the impending lifting of all sanctions against Eritrea and underscored their conviction that this act of justice would contribute to enhancing peace, development and cooperation in the region. They also reaffirmed their commitment to an inclusive regional peace and cooperation.

The presidents of Eritrea and Somalia expressed their profound appreciation to Prime Minister Abiy and the people and government of Ethiopia for the warm reception an hospitality accorded to them and their delegations in the historic city of Gondar and the beautiful city of Bahr Dar, a reception that reflected the close and historic ties between the three nations.

Bahr Dar, 10 November 2018

http://www.shabait.com/news/local-n...n-the-leaders-of-ethiopia-somalia-and-eritrea

We welcome the Peace & Development of East Africa :nvjpqts:

Hell even the old man Afewerki is praying 4 Nabad&Nolol kkk

DroE2wGWwAAyiqG.jpeg

Blah blah
Meeting meeting
Blah we agreed on this crucial blah blah, historic blah commitment and more xaar.

Tell farmaajo to bring security to xamar first. Baby steps.

There shouldn't even be a foreign affairs department in Somalia. Divorce us from anything that isn't internal affairs. Every penny and all energy must be spent on fixing the country, all else must be put on held.

What can afwerki and abiy do for us? Nothing at best.
They are connected, minimizing foreign meddling makes the internal easier to sort out.

They are connected, minimizing foreign meddling makes the internal easier to sort out.
What?
:what1: what does that even mean?
Should I list you all the foreigners in somalia right now? Explain how meeting with Ethiopia and Eritrea will reduce foreign meddling?

What transpired of the prior meetings with Ethiopia by farmaajo? Name one thing that we gained or we stand to gain from Ethiopa?

We know what they stand to gain(ports), they made it clear in the past and just yesterday.

Name one thing we can gain From Ethiopia?

You make no sense, this is why people accuse you of qabyaalad, because all logic says you make no sense, meaning we are right or you don't know better. which one is it?

Saalax Bidaar

Truthfulness so often goes with ruthlessness
I don’t like the body language of Farmaajo. He doesn’t command the room like his old uncle. He seems like he is being taken for a ride by that midget filthy Xabashi

Grow some backbone aabaha wase Somali buu Ilaahay kaa dhigee

What?
:what1: what does that even mean?
Should I list you all the foreigners in somalia right now? Explain how meeting with Ethiopia and Eritrea will reduce foreign meddling?

What transpired of the prior meetings with Ethiopia by farmaajo? Name one thing that we gained or we stand to gain from Ethiopa?

We know what they stand to gain(ports), they made it clear in the past and just yesterday.

Name one thing we can gain From Ethiopia?

You make no sense, this is why people accuse you of qabyaalad, because all logic says you make no sense, meaning we are right or you don't know better. which one is it?
I said minimizing or reducing it, obviously that doesn't mean its gone. Theyve cut ties with regional admins they used to prop up and only deal with the central govt, is that not a gain so far?

I only really posted this because of "the importance of respecting the sovereignty, territorial integrity and political independence of Somalia as well as their firm support for the Somali people and the Federal Government of Somalia and all its institutions."

How do I not make sense?

I said minimizing or reducing it, obviously that doesn't mean its gone. Theyve cut ties with regional admins they used to prop up and only deal with the central govt, is that not a gain so far?

I only really posted this because of "the importance of respecting the sovereignty, territorial integrity and political independence of Somalia as well as their firm support for the Somali people and the Federal Government of Somalia and all its institutions."

How do I not make sense?
Ethiopia wants our ports, that's insulting enough, and it should outrage every living Somali, but to add insult to injury, they want our ports NOT for economic reasons but to build a damn navy, and all we get to gain, according to you, is their severing ties with regional maamuls?:gucciwhat:

what a tragic equivalence. If you see that as a gain, wallahi waxbaa ka si ah.

Ethiopia shouldn't be dealing with regional maamuls to BEGIN WITH, and the fact that they've cut ties(let's assume they genuinely did), we shouldn't give them any credit for that because it's expected of them. Your mindset showcases how low the bar is set by you and others who think like you including farmaajo.

You need to admit that in this relationship Ethiopia is the one to gain everything, there is nothing they can do for us.

Somalis need each other more than we need others right now. We need to come to an understanding with each other, by dialogue or by the bullet.

We need to stop these meetings with Ethiopia.

ta kale, does farmaajo know the word NO?:cosbyhmm:

every time he's summoned, it is always an agreement, who the hell knows what this guy is conceding behind closed doors?

anyways, I am convinced now that you only defend this admin because of qabyaalad.

I can bet my place in jannah on that.

keep denying tho.

and lastly, let me mention the elephant in the room aka the obvious:

this is Ethiopia we are talking about. Do I really need to explain why they wouldn't have our interest at heart?:kanyehmm:

Ethiopia wants our ports, that's insulting enough, and it should outrage every living Somali, but to add insult to injury, they want our ports NOT for economic reasons but to build a damn navy, and all we get to gain, according to you, is their severing ties with regional maamuls?:gucciwhat:

what a tragic equivalence. If you see that as a gain, wallahi waxbaa ka si ah.

Ethiopia shouldn't be dealing with regional maamuls to BEGIN WITH, and the fact that they've cut ties(let's assume they genuinely did), we shouldn't give them any credit for that because it's expected of them. Your mindset showcases how low the bar is set by you and others who think like you including farmaajo.

You need to admit that in this relationship Ethiopia is the one to gain everything, there is nothing they can do for us.

Somalis need each other more than we need others right now. We need to come to an understanding with each other, by dialogue or by the bullet.

We need to stop these meetings with Ethiopia.

ta kale, does farmaajo know the word NO?:cosbyhmm:

every time he's summoned, it is always an agreement, who the hell knows what this guy is conceding behind closed doors?

anyways, I am convinced now that you only defend this admin because of qabyaalad.

I can bet my place in jannah on that.

keep denying tho.

and lastly, let me mention the elephant in the room aka the obvious:

this is Ethiopia we are talking about. Do I really need to explain why they wouldn't have our interest at heart?:kanyehmm:
Where does it say they get our ports in exchange for anything? Let alone their navy? Which I'm 110% against. Just bc that general said they want/or need it (which has always been the case) doesn't mean its happening.

When have I commended the Ethio gov for anything? Have you ever read any of my posts when you're making all these accusations? I said the fact that they did, which is made obvious by some of regional heads complaints, and the sacking of Sakiin, is a gain. I never made any equivalencies or said its in exchange for anything.

Of course my bar is low for them, I don't trust them at all.

I agree Somalis need each other more than others, always.

What you believe about me or are willing to bet is up to you, somehow you think I'm here to personally sell myself to others. Im not, I'm a poster like everyone else. Something like 90% of the people on here engage in the most foul qabyalad but you've made a habit out of coming for me out of all people? You can't pull up one post where I've even insulted a politician lol.

Its not an elephant it should be well known and I've always made it clear what I think about that country.

You like to pull things out of thin air and act as if its something I've said. :drakewtf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending