Join me during my progress coding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
I have no background in coding, my degree was in business studies. So pretty much beginner.

Created a crypto price checker using coinmarket api to check for price changes during set intervals.

Can get sms or email to notify you of changes (hashed out part)

Next i will attempt to create a trading bot.

https://github.com/python-enthusiast/crypto-stuff/blob/master/bitcoin.py

Try challenging yourself by adding another feature that tries to predict the price by looking at market volume data. No machine learning stuff... Just some basic conditional logic.

It doesn't have to be useful but it'll give you more exposure in working with APIs and problem solving.

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
Try challenging yourself by adding another feature that tries to predict the price by looking at market volume data. No machine learning stuff... Just some basic conditional logic.

It doesn't have to be useful but it'll give you more exposure in working with APIs and problem solving.

Yeah that's a big a part of creating the trading bot. Machine learning is pretty useless in this case as the prices are so volatile.

I was thinking about running a separate script that stores the price to a text file every few mins and then doing calculations based on that somehow

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
Yeah that's a big a part of creating the trading bot. Machine learning is pretty useless in this case as the prices are so volatile.

I was thinking about running a separate script that stores the price to a text file every few mins and then doing calculations based on that somehow

It might not be worth the effort but you could use Twillio to automate sending out the texts for free instead of hard coding it using smptlib.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
strange, i'm a coder and i haven't touched python since 2014

Python is one of the top language out there and most easiest to learn.

Since coding python is most similar to English a lot of people transition to coding easier by learning python.

Most of today’s application whether it’s web development, data science etc. Use Python.

In fact the only thing that can’t be used for python is hardware programming which is mainly assembly and verilog if you are going with FPGA.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I did one programming course when studying but it was machine level programming which was quite interesting how at the lower layers mere electricity is converted into 1,0,1,0 as you see with software drivers which is the interface for hardware. You can't use complex object orientated languages at that hardware level because it is simple electricity that is on or off and through that you need to begin a mapping process for different functions.

But with object programming, in all honesty your going to be their all day on simple problems because the way they teach it is very detail orientated and memorization. If I was going to learn it stuff like python, C, java, or whatever the first thing I would ask for is.

Give me a cheat-sheet where I can just type in plain English what I want to do like create an interface, ok so I type into the cheat-sheet, create an interface and automatically it just throws out the syntax needed for it. You shouldn't be here all day figuring the structure, and how to put it together. The coders of the program should've of done that ages ago.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I have to get back into IT. I am going to have to review how all of it works in simple terms, not that learning n memorization shit and then looking for answers constantly thru stack exchange it means u dont understand it well enuff.

U gotta read the concepts behind it and principles and u gotta go straight to the people who created it first, not when the zombies took over and made the shit overly complex.

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
I did one programming course when studying but it was machine level programming which was quite interesting how at the lower layers mere electricity is converted into 1,0,1,0 as you see with software drivers which is the interface for hardware. You can't use complex object orientated languages at that hardware level because it is simple electricity that is on or off and through that you need to begin a mapping process for different functions.

But with object programming, in all honesty your going to be their all day on simple problems because the way they teach it is very detail orientated and memorization. If I was going to learn it stuff like python, C, java, or whatever the first thing I would ask for is.

Give me a cheat-sheet where I can just type in plain English what I want to do like create an interface, ok so I type into the cheat-sheet, create an interface and automatically it just throws out the syntax needed for it. You shouldn't be here all day figuring the structure, and how to put it together. The coders of the program should've of done that ages ago.

Then that would confine your program and design to what the cheatsheet's designer had in mind.

If you have any new ideas or want to optimize it for your own tasks then you'd have to know the tech behind it.

The only way you can make that viable is with the help of AI.

Otherwise our smart language designers would've already build an interface like that for us normies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Then that would confine your program and design to what the cheatsheet's designer had in mind.

If you have any new ideas or want to optimize it for your own tasks then you'd have to know the tech behind it.

The only way you can make that viable is with the help of AI.

Otherwise our smart language designers would've already build an interface like that for us normies.

I'll get to programming later, I am trying to recoup my knowledge and will start a thread on Technology soon in particulary hardware, operating system, networking, programming, servers, and then security.

IT is one loaded beast sxb, it's not just programming, their is many different areas that need to be in-place for it to function. No hardware, it's over. No OS, you cant program, no networking and your basically a stand alone computer on an island by yourself, no security and your finished also. It's truly a beast and programming is a small part of it.

Please stay away from programming, that is an indian job and where-ever indian is, it is gonna be bad pay. Developer roles used to be good but their just gonna hire Indians to do it either thru outsourcing or bringing them to their country on visas. So it might look good pay today, but in a few decades as the indians keep flooding it, they will be fighting for peanuts like some with their turban maharajas loooooooooool

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
IT deals with this basically. But people assume they actually know what's happening at the electrical level, but they don't. At this layer or the hardware, it's fairly straight forward. If it's failing here you need to replace a component, their not equipped with actually fixing it. They just determine if a component is working or not by replacing it and putting in another one or testing on another computer and that's it. It's quite boring doing this type of work but it does give u an appreciation of how hardware operates and helps as you transition into other fields.

But the real hard area in this is the scientific research that deal with what's happening here how things communicate at the electrical level. I am trying to figure it out myself. What is strange at the electrical level is, how do they path out the electrical charges across the board, is there a collision that happens? how do they differentiate between electrical currents for example if my laptop is turned on which will use the video-display card but at the same time I am using my keyboard, I am essentially doing two simultaneous tasks, how does the CPU differentiate between the two, after-all it's all just electric charges? is there some sort of 'priority' order for certain parts within the motherboard. The motherboard itself is like some road network in a way, it's basically the road in our cities but on the road you got bikers, drivers, traffic lights, traffic signs which are equivalent to the components. I would say the traffic light is the CPU, where as the road is the actual motherboard itself when you take out all the component on there. Once the road is gone, it's over. The components have no place to be hosted but if it's just a component problem you can replace it like if a car break downs or bike or even traffic light, all replaceable but the road once its gone, it's over.

But I do know at this level in IT especially the hardware it's either input or output that's happening. Your either doing something and it's working it out inside the motherboard or it's displaying it to you on your screen like the video display that's a clearly an output thing. It takes the video card signal in the hardware and then outputs a visual screen. It's really complicating how it does it.

images

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Don't worry that looks like a long time away. I am still stuck in the hardware level. I am baffled how even the parts on the board are known, because the electricity sent to a video card is no different to the electricity sent to another component like usb drive. U will need to know electricity point black and simple to understand hardware, there simply no way around it. Science is needed, I need to figure out electro magnetic which I haven't, it will make it far easier.

Your simply talking on and off at the hardware. You turn the computer on and it fires up, u turn it off and it's gone. The question is when u turn it on, how does it differentiate the signals sent between the component on the board, as it would need to send a signal to each to check it's alive. It's like a light bulb, you turn it on and off right? but when it's on it's like they did something else with the light even further like you know disco lights or lights that move around.

Notice how u turn the computer on all lights just turn on, it's the early testing process, if the lights are not going to some part, your finished and there is no point going any further.

But even the parts are more critical then others. For example if your usb port is dead, it's not critical compared to your CPU or Hard-drive, cause HDD is where the operating system is hosted, there is no other component on the hardware where you can put the OS except HDD.

So imagine the complexity happening, the second u power on, automatically all signals are sent to components to ensure it's responding, then you move to the next stage the operating system is loading up and that's linked to the hard drive, and your now inside the operating system world.

The OS then has drivers that speak at machine level to the components, this is the part that confuses me the most. How in the world did they convert something that is a software driver on the operating system basically to speak to a hardware. They must of done something to the signals.

It seems like the power or electricity whatever u wanna call it, is similar to our energy as humans like we need food right or we dead, the board needs electricity or it's dead also and that's a form of energy. Where-as the motherboard is similar to our physical bodies as a whole and the CPU is the physical brain, while the components on the mother board are similar to our body parts, id probably say the operating system is our consciousness or awareness in the form of a hard-drive. Well that's how I am envisioning it anyways and trying to work it out.

It's like when u inject someone with those drugs that make them sleep, their physically there but not conscious, u take out the hard-drive the computer is working but there is no consciousness. If you take out the brain, it's game over for humans and that is similar to the cpu none of those signals can be processed.

Last edited:

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
What have you used for self study, I’m assuming you thought yourself coding?

Youtube,Stackoverflow and books.

Currently learning ML and algorithms. Reading: Hands-On Machine learning with scikitlearn & tensorflow

Checkout my new repo which is trying to solve the titanic problem on kaggle.
https://github.com/messing-around/machine-learning

for some reason v1 is giving me a better score than v2 and i cant figure out why as im dropping more data in the v1

Honestly if you guys run into any coding problems, just keep using Stack Overflow. I was stuck on a problem at work for literally two weeks and after diving deep into stack overflow I found some code that was able to help me maximize my codes efficiency and improve the run time.

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
Honestly if you guys run into any coding problems, just keep using Stack Overflow. I was stuck on a problem at work for literally two weeks and after diving deep into stack overflow I found some code that was able to help me maximize my codes efficiency and improve the run time.

God bless stackoverflow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending