Jobs in Somalia for Kenyan workers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
We should have a policy of letting people in ONLY if unemployment is 0%. That means tourists who can prove they'll be able to take care of themselves for the length of their stay. And people who overstay their visas won't be prosecuted, they'll be fed to crocs in the Juba. Jailing them defeats the point of saving money.

They get paid in US and very good pays. simply they don't want Somalis from first place. The job ads are placed in Kenya newspapers.
they have better work ethic
more experience in modern establishments
can be trusted within the greenzone not to blow themselves
can take directions well

many more

we need to encourage shaqo in somali households. no matter what type of shaqo.
cleaning bathrooms, butchering meat, welding and any job is better than being jobless or tahriibing.
the change starts by reforming our attitude towards work. no job takes away ur sharaf.
if u ain't working and are healthy, that's when u have no sharaf at all.

maestro

Cultural revolution
It's hypocritical to not want Kenyans in Somalia when they're like 100K Somalis in Eastleigh Nairobi. Most of them illegal

I say let them live in peace. Their population is irrelevant in Somalia and there are important jobs like (real) high school and college teachers that there aren't enough qualified Somalis for.

Realize that most schools and Somali teachers teach business administration, IT or some other weak shit. Imagine an entire population learning that stuff? Who will be the archeologist or engineer or doctor or software/hardware buffs?

These Kenyans can teach the hard stuff like Chemical engineering or Molecular biology since Kenyan schools are one of the best in Africa. It's an advantage

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
does that mean u and I can resume our talks.
u know the unfinished convo we had couple days ago?:trumpsmirk: say yes, and this self hater is a goner.

:dead:It's always conditional with you brothers.:pachah1:I was hoping for the sake of waalnimo and because I have roots in K-5 that you'd help a sister out.

:dead:It's always conditional with you brothers.:pachah1:I was hoping for the sake of waalnimo and because I have roots in K-5 that you'd help a sister out.
:gaasdrink: lol it's always conditional indeed.
k-5 horta miyaan gali karaa iwaydii? this will cost u a trip to awdal.
maxaad leedahay?:dabcasar:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
my sympathies are with the bringers of peace and stability. are with us or against us

George W. I'm against you. Prior to the nation's collapse, I don't remember anyone saying Somalis lacked a "work ethic". :Sutehja: These are mere excuses. I'm naturally suspicious of outsiders. Along with imported ideologies from Saudi/America i.e. Al Kebab. Last time I checked these are the same people that wanted Somali territorial waters. It is you that is either with us or against.:ufdup:A Somali National Army that's well-fed and paid would do more work on the ground than AMISOM during their 6-year tenure.

It's hypocritical to not want Kenyans in Somalia when they're like 100K Somalis in Eastleigh Nairobi. Most of them illegal

I say let them live in peace. Their population is irrelevant in Somalia and there are important jobs like (real) high school and college teachers that there aren't enough qualified Somalis for.

Realize that most schools and Somali teachers teach business administration, IT or some other weak shit. Imagine an entire population learning that stuff? Who will be the archeologist or engineer or doctor or software/hardware buffs?

These Kenyans can teach the hard stuff like Chemical engineering or Molecular biology since Kenyan schools are one of the best in Africa. It's an advantage

Somalia has changed in past couple of years, Somali students who had studied in turkey, Sudan, Uganda, ME, India, Malaysia and diaspora had come back to Somalia qualified in all these sectors. Plus, opening of trade schools in major towns for free or paid by UN. Also, the refugees in Kenya are returning with help of UN(programs that trained them as skill workers). Something else, most of jobs don't need any high skill (cook, cleaner, waiters job). More important thing is lack of jobs leads to tarhiib of the youth.

On second look at the job postings, a lot of them require skill sets that regular civilians from Mogadishu simply do not have..

The whole education system needs to change. I really don't see the point of opening up universities and teaching computer science, engineering, sciences with a watered down curriculum. What they need to do is open up more trade schools and have students enroll into welding, plumbing electrician programs that can kick start a sharp development rise.
Other wise we are seeing a bunch of unemployed degree holders who are losing jobs to Diasporan somalis and bantus..

And for the Kenyans coming in to Somalia for work... Just keep your daughters away from them.. :reallymaury:

On second look at the job postings, a lot of them require skill sets that regular civilians from Mogadishu simply do not have..

The whole education system needs to change. I really don't see the point of opening up universities and teaching computer science, engineering, sciences with a watered down curriculum. What they need to do is open up more trade schools and have students enroll into welding, plumbing electrician programs that can kick start a sharp development rise.
Other wise we are seeing a bunch of unemployed degree holders who are losing jobs to Diasporan somalis and bantus..

And for the Kenyans coming in to Somalia for work... Just keep your daughters away from them.. :reallymaury:

Nope we have the skilled workers and training centres https://www.somalispot.com/threads/sovoyodo-vocational-training-center-in-somalia.14998/

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/kismaayo-technical-institute.23768/

maestro

Cultural revolution
Ok point taken but It's still wrong to refuse Kenyan immigrants and workers starting businesses and working in Somalia. Regulate them and check their papers, visas and ID but don't refuse Kenyans in Somalia. They'll be angry and kick out Somalis in Kenya or worse start fighting with them and looting their businesses

The only one to blame is Somalia's pathetic and irrelevant government. If it had institutions take care of the complex employment situation we wouldn't have had this conversation. Fix the root of the problem and everything falls into place.

Without a government all we can do is cry about it online :manny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts