Jerome Jerre is embarking N another crowdfunding idea. We are honestly the world's qashin, beggars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohol

VIP
How is he going to create a village with $55,000? The average house costs $10,000 unless he is planning to build 1 room houses (which can be as low as $2,000).

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
I wouldn't worry about a small campaign like what he's doing.

I mean he doesn't do damage to the overall economy or gets the population dependent on aid.

Everyone involves wins here.

The villagers get some temporary support in these hard times.

The Jerome dude get's to stay relevant for a few more weeks. :samwelcome:

I would be more concerned about billion dollar NGO's like USAID that make farming in Africa noncompetitive for the domestic market. :farmajoyaab:

How is he going to create a village with $55,000? The average house costs $10,000 unless he is planning to build 1 room houses (which can be as low as $2,000).

He's using crowdfunding to supplement the local's monthly income by helping them buy food and medicine. It's basically an initiative to sustain the village they passed by for the whole year or until the drought is over.

Bohol

VIP
He's using crowdfunding to supplement the local's monthly income by helping them buy food and medicine. It's basically an initiative to sustain the village they passed by for the whole year or until the drought is over.

That is useless. He is getting them hooked up on aid. It is better to build them houses and give them some chicken to raise and give them tools to drill their own water wells.

Agree everytime a Somali has a great idea they get ignored But when a cadaan had the same exact Idea they call him a genius

That's very true. But the issue is also Somalis very rarely have bright ideas. They'd rather just sit and wait for hand-outs like hungry pidgeons waiting for breadcrumbs.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
That's very true. But the issue is also Somalis very rarely have bright ideas. They'd rather just sit and wait for hand-outs like hungry pidgeons waiting for breadcrumbs.

Maybe because thats what many have gotten used to After all theres many back home that recieve money from relatives living in the west

That is useless. He is getting them hooked up on aid. It is better to build them houses and give them some chicken to raise and give them tools to drill their own water wells.

I don't think it's feasible to build everyone in that remote village a house but if he wanted to give that community a sustainable living long after his campaign is done then he should have done what you suggested. He's just capitalizing on his newfound fame and this payment method is light years better than the NGOs who give out rotten food

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
The root cause of this problem is lack of proper government. We've never had a proper government. We've always had unprepared droughts.

A great example of a great government is that of Rwanda.

It would futile for me to have used a Western country, its more reasonable that I used Rwanda.

If Rwanda managed to reconcile and a truly awesome leader led and leads them why not us too

Gambar

VIP
It's in Somaliland, what's the government doing? Clearly not their job and they should be ashamed. This is what's called "dead aid" (there's a fantastic book called Dead Aid).

Gambar

VIP
The root cause of this problem is lack of proper government. We've never had a proper government. We've always had unprepared droughts.

A great example of a great government is that of Rwanda.

It would futile for me to have used a Western country, its more reasonable that I used Rwanda.

If Rwanda managed to reconcile and a truly awesome leader led and leads them why not us too
Rwandas issue is different because they don't suffer from allergies to accountability. Somalis do.

Dhay Geel

"Aar kow Dheh"
Dude raised almost $6,000 in less than 24 hours. Is all that money going towards the poor people in Somalia?
:cosbyhmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending