Jarahoroto (ancient) town in Awdal named after King and Queen of the Harla people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simodi

Chilling in Quljeed
Jarahorato (also: Dzharakhorato, Jaaraahorato, Jaarrahorrato)[1] is a village in the northwestern Awdal region of Somaliland. It is named after a legendary King and Queen who ruled this land before the Somali conquest of this region. The King was known as Jara and his wife was known as Horato.

@Young Popeye

What can I say man
:wow1:

:meleshame:

Simodi

Chilling in Quljeed
Yes but I was talking about the Queen and King part

Ohh, yes. Reer Dilla know their story very well. Most of the stories about the King and Queen is famous. they will tell you when the Dir advanced from the East, they fled to Ethiopia.

Simodi

Chilling in Quljeed
I have some relatives in Lamaloosh is that close to this area? Or is that in Ethiopia?

Where is Lamaloosh?

Jarahoroto is near Dilla in Awdal Region. On the road towards Borama from Dilla you cut in the valleys on the right side of the road and thats where the town is right next to the old abandoned settlement.

Simodi

Chilling in Quljeed
Jarahoroto.jpg

Hoosjeed

Guusha ya leh?
Where is Lamaloosh?

Jarahoroto is near Dilla. In the road towards Borama you cut in the valleys on the right side of the road and thats where the town is right next to the old abandoned settlement.

A small farming area in Ethiopia, Awbere zone I think. Reer Nuur live there but Jibril Abokor (HA) villages are close by too.

Did you know that there is a subclan of Jibril Abokor called Omar Galbeed that live with Gadabursi Reer Nuur in Jahararoto? There are still some of them left apparently.

Jarahorato (also: Dzharakhorato, Jaaraahorato, Jaarrahorrato)[1] is a village in the northwestern Awdal region of Somaliland. It is named after a legendary King and Queen who ruled this land before the Somali conquest of this region. The King was known as Jara and his wife was known as Horato.

@Young Popeye

What can I say man
:wow1:

:meleshame:
No source is currently cited on the Wikipedia article to support such a claim. Do you by any chance have one?

Simodi

Chilling in Quljeed
A small farming area in Ethiopia, Awbere zone I think. Reer Nuur live there but Jibril Abokor (HA) villages are close by too.

Did you know that there is a subclan of Jibril Abokor called Omar Galbeed that live with Gadabursi Reer Nuur in Jahararoto? There are still some of them left apparently.

Reer Maxamuud Nuur and Jibril Abokor usually live very close to each other and intermarry too.

Simodi

Chilling in Quljeed
No source is currently cited on the Wikipedia article to support such a claim. Do you by any chance have one?

Nope. There was one but it was edited out.

Don't know, it was a Cambridge published book. The book has to be purchased now.

The local people are the best reference, There is no doubt as to the authenticity of the story, though.

Simodi

Chilling in Quljeed
Famous people from the town.

Cabdi Sinimo (Father of Somali Popular Music)

Abdi Sinimo (Somali: Cabdi Siniimoo, Arabic: سنيمو‎‎) (born 1920s, died early 1960's), is a Somali singer, songwriter, poet and musical innovator. He is noted for having established the balwo genre of Somali music.[1][2]

Biography[edit]
Sinimo was born in the 1920s in Jaarahorato, an historical village situated 25 miles (40 km) north-east of the present Borama, Somalia. He hailed from the Reer Nuur clan. He was the fourth son in a family of 18 children, consisting of nine boys and nine girls. Even though born in Borama district at that time, he spent most of his life in Djibouti working for the Djibouti Port Authority as a driver of a transshipment truck from Djibouti city to Addis Ababa, via Dire Dawa.[3]

The first band Sinimo created was in Borama during 1944 when he retired from driving and went into music full-time.it was called Balwo.[3] Members of his band were:

• Abdi Deqsi Warfa (Abdi Sinimo)
  • Kobali Ashad
  • Hussen Are Mead
  • Hashi Warsame
  • Khadija Eye Dharar (Khadija Balwo)
  • Nuriya Atiq
Below is a sample from a poem by Abdi Sinimo which he first hummed while repairing a broken truck in 1943. This came to start the Balwo-genre and Northern Somali song tradition.

Balwoy! Hoy balwoy Waha i baleyey mooyaan Waha i baleyey babur Waha i baleyey berguba. . . .

Translation: (Balwoy! O' Balwoy I know not what made me suffer It is a truck that made me suffer She is berguba [a girl's name] who made me suffer. . . .)

Abdi Sinimo, Historical Dictionary of Somalia,2003

Simodi

Chilling in Quljeed
There was never a source cited on that article to support the claim. See below for the article "Revision History":
______
Link:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Jarahorato&action=history

There is a good book in the Somaliland National Library.

It's called Sooyaalka Adal (The History of Adal) written by Sheekh 'Abdirahmaan Sheekh Nuur.

Most of the content has been translated by a Cambridge Publisher. It is also available in the British Library.

There you can read about Jarahorato and many other historical Adal towns.

@Prince of Lasanod . Quit the act and stop trolling :lol:

You were embarassed to go on your normal account and now you use your Garad account.

Did I mentaly abuse you that much that you troll everywhere I go? :lol:

There is a good book in the Somaliland National Library.

It's called Sooyaalka Adal (The History of Adal) written by Sheekh 'Abdirahmaan Sheekh Nuur.

Most of the content has been translated by a Cambridge Publisher. It is also available in the British Library.

There you can read about Jarahorato and many other historical Adal towns.

@Prince of Lasanod . Quit the act and stop trolling :lol:

You were embarassed to go on your normal account and now you use your Garad account.

Did I mentaly abuse you that much that you troll everywhere I go? :lol:
I am not Lasanod nor am I trolling you. As to why you assume this I do not know.

I have been unable to find any document that would support such a claim. There's also little information on the town itself. In addition, it has firmly been established that ethnic Somalis originate from northern Somalia.

Simodi

Chilling in Quljeed
I am not Lasanod nor am I trolling you. As to why you assume this I do not know.

I have been unable to find any document that would support such a claim. There's also little information on the town itself. In addition, it has firmly been established that ethnic Somalis originate from northern Somalia.

Listen, Prince of Las Anod. Next time you go and visit Somalialnd, go to the National Library, pick out a book called The History of Adal. It's been translated partially by Cambridge publishers.

The Harla people lived in Awdal, there is no doubt about that whatsoever.

The Harla inhabited Amoud which is a few kilometres from Jarahoroto.

Have a read:

http://web.archive.org/web/20010627221704/http://www.anaserve.com/~mbali/letter20.htm

Young Popeye

Call me pops
despite the conquests by the oromo, somali and afar. the harla were still able to use harar as a base to launch jihad with the support of arabs and ottoman turks. the ottomans were reluctant to give weapon support to tribalists but would give support to harla on the basis that they would use it to expand islam in the region, this also meant the Somali/Afar didnt feel as threatened due to it being a religious army rather then tribalist. this explains why the harla could run through east africa with minimal opposition. "Notwithstanding this debacle a new Harari leader, Mansur ibn Muhammad soon emerged. After establishing himself in the city in 1575 he waged a fierce war against the Oromos and captured a hundred and fifty horses from the Somalis. He subsequently made his way to Zayla and later to Awssa"

https://books.google.ca/books?id=zp...EINjAD#v=onepage&q=sarsa dengel harar&f=false

Pure suugo science ! Somalis love assigning Mythical people to their lands (oromo , harla etc ). There is no evidence for any of this apart from old men Suugo gastric acid science .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts