Jamaacatul DNA two Somalis took the Full Y-DNA for Haplogroup T

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your clan if you don't mind me asking?
The thing is majority Somali have the same haplogroup as Oromo which is like E or whatever but then there are some like me who have TM70 which is a lot older than the T1a but online it says dir clan is one of the oldest yet their haplogroup says T1a ? and of that over 80% have it in that specific clan but the other Somali along with other Oromo are just E1b1b.....

Xaagi-Cagmadigtee

Guul ama Dhimasho
Let our resident T expert @anonimo explain all the ins and outs of haplogroup T.

You are a bit confused about what is downstream from T-M70. That does not mean you have different subclade from rest of T Horners, just go downstream, perhaps even get a full Y, to ascertain your subclade.

This is first for me to hear, a Borana came out T. Most Oromos (58%) have the E-V32 variant for their paternal haplogroup, followed by haplogroup A (ancient one, Nilotic in origin), then haplogroup J, with haplogroup T at 4%...a sample done few years back.

There is this Oromo girl on You Tube, her father was also a haplogroup T of Guji ( I hope I am saying it right) tribe.

I blame the Adal/Abyssinia wars and subsequent Oromo invasion for the genetic population spread and reassigning, formation of new clan allegiances.

Paternal Haplogroup:

60%-70% E-V32
30%-40% T-M70

Negligible J.
Actually E-V32 is much more common
e1b1b_map.jpg

The thing is majority Somali have the same haplogroup as Oromo which is like E or whatever but then there are some like me who have TM70 which is a lot older than the T1a but online it says dir clan is one of the oldest yet their haplogroup says T1a ? and of that over 80% have it in that specific clan but the other Somali along with other Oromo are just E1b1b.....

I think you are a troll account as the information you seek is readily available. Even the Wikipedia page for Haplogroup T demonstrates how T1a is a subclade of T-M70. Why would Somalispot be the first search result for T-M70 or T1a?:camby:

For the record.

E1b1b is found in high percentages among all North-East African ethnic groups; even among Semitic speaking Habasha and Nilo-Saharan/Nilotic speakers. It is not only Somalis and Oromos that have high percentages of E1b1b/E-V32. Along with Haplogroup A, think of it as a basal African genetic lineage. Eurasian migrations into Africa brought Haplogroups J and T. Nonetheless, this did not occur in one solitary migratory event and some subclades of J and T have been in Africa longer than others.

The Oromos obviously have more paternal genetic diversity than Somalis due to their expansion and assimilation of other ethnic groups in the Horn. So do the Semitic speaking Habasha as African E1b1b and Haplogroup A lineages are also commonly found among them. Nonetheless, just like Somali clans, it is highly likely that certain Habasha and Oromo clans will possess haplogroup combinations unique to them. For instance, the Shewa Oromo and some Arsis might possess higher percentages of Haplogroup J than the Borans as a result of their historical adoption of Habashas.

I am Ciise. I have been to the area. I know what I am talking about. We border Afars to the north, Oromos to the west and south, and Gadabursi to the east, at least in Ethiopia.

If you are talking about Abaskul, Jidwaq/Bartire they live in Fafan Zone. We live in Sitti Zone and Dire Dhabe and to some extent East Hararghe Zone and Harar. But our main populace is in Sitti and Dire Dhabe.

You also have Hawiye who border the Afar, Oromo and yourselves in Mieso. These Hawiye are different to the Hawiye Babile Afran Qallo who have been assimilated into the Oromo clan structure.

6L1ArNR.png

The only Daroods you border are probably the ones assimilated into the Afran Qallo confederacy in East/West Hararghe. There are Oromised Daroods in Hararghe that have maintained their Abtirsi and are aware of their origin.

64fex1.png

In case anyone is interested in the phylogenetic tree of Haplogroup T:

View attachment 37485
I think you are a troll account as the information you seek is readily available. Even the Wikipedia page for Haplogroup T demonstrates how T1a is a subclade of T-M70. Why would Somalispot be the first search result for T-M70 or T1a?:camby:

For the record.

E1b1b is found in high percentages among all North-East African ethnic groups; even among Semitic speaking Habasha and Nilo-Saharan/Nilotic speakers. It is not only Somalis and Oromos that have high percentages of E1b1b/E-V32. Along with Haplogroup A, think of it as a basal African genetic lineage. Eurasian migrations into Africa brought Haplogroups J and T. Nonetheless, this did not occur in one solitary migratory event and some subclades of J and T have been in Africa longer than others.

The Oromos obviously have more paternal genetic diversity than Somalis due to their expansion and assimilation of other ethnic groups in the Horn. So do the Semitic speaking Habasha as African E1b1b and Haplogroup A lineages are also commonly found among them. Nonetheless, just like Somali clans, it is highly likely that certain Habasha and Oromo clans will possess haplogroup combinations unique to them. For instance, the Shewa Oromo and some Arsis might possess higher percentages of Haplogroup J than the Borans as a result of their historical adoption of Habashas.
Not a troll just curious and believe it or not I have found a lot by typing Somali halogroup T on google and dir I saw somnet.com etc. I am also no expert on this stuff but I find this site interesting since people have tons of information about their own results

Last edited:
You also have Hawiye who border the Afar, Oromo and yourselves in Mieso. These Hawiye are different to the Hawiye Babile Afran Qallo who have been assimilated into the Oromo clan structure.

6L1ArNR.png

The only Daroods you border are probably the ones assimilated into the Afran Qallo confederacy in East/West Hararghe. There are Oromised Daroods in Hararghe that have maintained their Abtirsi and are aware of their origin.

64fex1.png
Anonimo

Is J1 common among malis because I have it.

Anonimo

Is J1 common among malis because I have it.

Not among those tested so far or in the limited peer reviewed journals published. However, I would wager that it is the genetic marker of certain sub sub sub sub subclans among the Warsangeli and Majeerten. What is your Harti sub sub sub sub subclan if you do not mind?

Not among those tested so far or in the limited peer reviewed journals published. However, I would wager that it is the genetic marker of certain sub sub sub sub subclans among the Warsangeli and Majeerten. What is your Harti sub sub sub sub subclan if you do not mind?
No worries I am
Dhulbahante
Faraax Garaad
Baharsame
With no recent arabian ancestors.

No worries I am
Dhulbahante
Faraax Garaad
Baharsame
With no recent arabian ancestors.

giphy.gif

If you for real and not of the many trolls that roam wild in here then there might be a trend whereby haplogroup J is not unique to coastal Harti clans but is also present among the inland Dhulbahante. A non insignificant percentage of Hartis might actually be HG-J? Not surprising as assimilation is a historical fact among Somali clans.

Did you do the test with 23andme? Are you matched with any other Baharsames, Dhulos and Harti that are J?

Belonging to HG-J does not indicate that one has recent Arabian ancestry as it has an old presence in the Horn. A y-full test would nonetheless be most helpful.

giphy.gif

If you for real and not of the many trolls that roam wild in here then there might be a trend whereby haplogroup J is not unique to coastal Harti clans but is also present among the inland Dhulbahante. A non insignificant percentage of Hartis might actually be HG-J? Not surprising as assimilation is a historical fact among Somali clans.

Did you do the test with 23andme? Are you matched with any other Baharsames, Dhulos and Harti that are J?

Belonging to HG-J does not indicate that one has recent Arabian ancestry as it has an old presence in the Horn. A y-full test would nonetheless be most helpful.
Yeah I'm being honest I took it with 23andme only one Warsangeli guy I was grouped with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending