Jamaacatul DNA two Somalis took the Full Y-DNA for Haplogroup T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I know how much you guys love this DNA talk. I'm on a FB page and found this.

Apparently two guys took the full Y-DNA test.

One Samarone Makaahiil (Dir):
Result:
T1a1a2b2

One Habr Yunis Saeed Arreh:
Result:
T1a1a2b2

Here on FB:

6rncls.png

Map:
j5vyft.png

So are they Arabs? That's what they were saying their closest relatives are from Kuwait. :rolleyes:

Those fellows saved me a few hundred pounds, I was contemplating taking the y-full test.

MashaAllah, like I predicted, the Haplogroup T found among the Dir clan is looking more and more like the result of a relatively recent founder effect. We are blood brothers in the strictest sense of the word.

I also predicted that we will belong to a subclade of T-Y16897.

My probable subclade (Y16897) and those of many Dirs (including T haplogroup Isaaqs)

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/somali-connection-to-madagascar.29651/page-5

As things stand, no Northern Africans or Sudanese have tested positive for T-Y16897 which indicates that we might not have necessarily arrived in the Northern Horn via Egypt. Out of the Haplogroup individuals that have taken the y-full test, it is surprising that our closest relatives are found on the Eastern Coast of the Arabian peninsular. Jos, can you obtain the TMRCA for the Y-16897 subclade that unites us and the Al-Faraj Kuwaiti clan.

That being said, the picture could change as more Horner and North Africans take the y-full test. There may be clans or ethnic groups in Africa that belong to the same subclade of T-Y16897.

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
@anonimo

Peninsular Arabians are over-represented on y-full, these guys have too much money and are splurging it on big-y tests. Samples from Northeast Africa are under-represented due to poverty.

Logically based on other haplogroups and autosomal results on Somalis this lineage most likely entered via Egypt.

How do people get such exact subclades? The only thing I found out is that I'm T1a. Where do you get to find out which branch you belong to?

The y-full test can determine any unknown subclades that you belong to and can also shed light on how closely related people who share the same haplogroup are. No need to take the test, that is our subclade and we are the result of a founder effect. Some of us Somali Haplogroup T carriers anyway.

@anonimo

Peninsular Arabians are over-represented on y-full, these guys have too much money and are splurging it on big-y tests. Samples from Northeast Africa are under-represented due to poverty.

Logically based on other haplogroups and autosomal results on Somalis this lineage most likely entered via Egypt.

I agree that Ayrabs are over-represented. Hence, why I stated that it is too soon to be jumping on the Southern Red Sea Band Wagon. If only there were other Haplogroup T Horners taking the test.

Bohol

VIP
It ain't only Garxajis, Habar Jeclos and other Isaaqs that are Haplogroup T will most likely belong to the same subclade.

T1 is rare in other non Garhajis Isaaqs (Arap need testing though). You have few HJ who are T1 and others with different DNA (they are sheegato coalition) so not surprising that they have different DNA on sub clan levels.

Bohol

VIP
These Mesopotamian (((Merchants))) have been plotting our destruction for centuries.

It is funny the Dir and Garhajis don't even claim to be related to Arabs but DNA prove us wrong while those that claim to be related to Arabs
have been proven wrong.

T1 is rare in other Isaaqs. You have some HJ who are T1 and others with different DNA (they are sheegato anyway) so not surprising that
they have different DNA on sub clan levels.

It is not rare. You are assuming that just because Sacad Muuse and Habar Yoonis are over-represented in the DNA test results that we possess. Have you seen an Arab test result etc.? There are plenty Habar Jeclo haplogroup T carriers, and I bet you any money they are your closest relatives. Check Penguin's thread in the History section.

Bohol

VIP
It is not rare. You are assuming that just because Sacad Muuse and Habar Yoonis are over-represented in the DNA test results that we possess. Have you seen an Arab test result etc.? There are plenty Habar Jeclo haplogroup T carriers, and I bet you any money they are your closest relatives. Check Penguin's thread in the History section.

The HJ are split though. Any clan that is too much split among their DNA in the sub clan level
will be written off (since it is not a real clan but a coalition). Within Isaaq we can take the Garhajis
and Sacad Muuse DNA results. We will also wait for the Arap ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts