Its kind of sad that Hodan Nalayeh cant speak somali

Status
Not open for further replies.

BANTU

+op MVLI
It makes more sense that she doesn't speak well than if she were perfect.

Apparently she came to Canada in the early 80s as a child. The Somali diaspora back then was so small, insulated Somali enclaves were nonexistent. Also, Somalis that were there all spoke English and spoke it well.

Less Somali exposure = Loss of Somali language

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
SSpotters who can't speak Somali are Deaf when they visit Somalia.

:farmajoyaab: Reer Toronto is most in need of a cultural/linguistic intervention. How can we invest in your transqabil hagbad institution when we can barely communicate with the locals past 5 minutes. :faysalwtf: Brother, please do what you can to fund a Somali school too. All the ajnabis have one but us. I wonder why? :gaasdrink:

:farmajoyaab: Reer Toronto is most in need of a cultural intervention. How can we invest in your transqabil hagbad institution when we can barely communicate with the locals past 5 minutes. :faysalwtf: Brother, please do what you can to fund a Somali school too. All the ajnabis have one but us. I wonder why? :gaasdrink:

How can you make a cold call to a prospect if you say

"Hi fam, did I catch you @ a bad dime Bee?"

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
How can you make a cold call to a prospect if you say

"Hi fam, did I catch you @ a bad dime Bee?"

:dead:

No worries, I have my script memorized and I'm channeling my inner Grant Cardone. :rejoice:I'm ready to 10X it! Baby steps first. My problem is my kindergarten-level Somali. My mother tongue is experiencing a bad case of arrested development.:snoop:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts