Italian woman marries herself - The rise of Solo Marriages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Italy woman marries herself in 'fairytale without prince'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41413297

_98038667_mediaitem98038554.jpg

_98038547_mediaitem98038546.jpg

An Italian woman has married herself in a ceremony complete with white dress, three-layer wedding cake, bridesmaids and 70 guests.

"I firmly believe that each of us must first of all love ourselves," said Laura Mesi, a 40-year-old fitness trainer. "You can have a fairytale even without the prince."

The ceremony carries no legal weight.

But Ms Mesi is part of a growing trend for self-marriage - dubbed "sologamy" - in countries around the world.

Proponents of such ceremonies say it is about self-love and acceptance, and claiming the social affirmation normally reserved for couples who wed.

Laura says the idea of a solo wedding came to her two years ago, after a 12-year relationship ended.

"I told friends and family that if I had not found my soul-mate by my 40th birthday I would marry myself," she told La Repubblica newspaper.

n the US, a website called I Married Me offers self-wedding kits. In Canada, an agency called Marry Yourself Vancouver which has been running for more than a year attributes the rise in solo weddings to the growing numbers of single people.

Agent 47

21st Divsion of Somali National Army
What is left to get married to now? We have seen naag cad marry a tower, an Indian woman marry a dog, 80 years old woman marry 13 years old, Italian woman marry herself, two women marry each other, two men marry each other, etc.
Waiting for some nigga to marry his hand:icon lol: I mean this Italian woman married her fingers:icon lol:

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
"You can have a fairytale even without the prince."

I agree with this but I don't know if it's necessary to throw a wedding party for it, could've done something else with that 40k.

DeadStar

I dare u to show yourself.
JESUS, guess I’m the normal one. This is living on pluto wallahi.
I don’t know whose more crazy, the woman marrying herself or the ones who actually attended the wedding.

Italy woman marries herself in 'fairytale without prince'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41413297

_98038667_mediaitem98038554.jpg

_98038547_mediaitem98038546.jpg

An Italian woman has married herself in a ceremony complete with white dress, three-layer wedding cake, bridesmaids and 70 guests.

"I firmly believe that each of us must first of all love ourselves," said Laura Mesi, a 40-year-old fitness trainer. "You can have a fairytale even without the prince."

The ceremony carries no legal weight.

But Ms Mesi is part of a growing trend for self-marriage - dubbed "sologamy" - in countries around the world.

Proponents of such ceremonies say it is about self-love and acceptance, and claiming the social affirmation normally reserved for couples who wed.

Laura says the idea of a solo wedding came to her two years ago, after a 12-year relationship ended.

"I told friends and family that if I had not found my soul-mate by my 40th birthday I would marry myself," she told La Repubblica newspaper.

n the US, a website called I Married Me offers self-wedding kits. In Canada, an agency called Marry Yourself Vancouver which has been running for more than a year attributes the rise in solo weddings to the growing numbers of single people.

I find it weird but if that's how she wants to spend her money kudos to her

yasmin lan

Satans step daughter
She’s probably asexual no point going any further with this thread hope she doesn’t get bored of herself though

Gadiid

So much depends upon a red wheel barrow.
I mean, at least she isn't trying to marry a car or some doll like some broken people in the world.:manny:

Really though, it's not even a wedding, just a party lol.

Saalax Bidaar

Truthfulness so often goes with ruthlessness
Lol no, I just don't believe a man completes me, if you find the right person great and if you don't, you can still live a fulfilling life.
Load of bullocks. You can’t go against nature. We were created in pairs, and you trying split and go solo while still being happy? Not happening sweetheart

Status
Not open for further replies.