It How much did Arabic influence Somali?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching langfocus channel and I wondered why Somali is so heavily influenced by Arabic Spain was ruled over by Moors for 700 years yet they only have 1% Arabic loan words while Somali has over 20%

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
I was watching langfocus channel and I wondered why Somali is so heavily influenced by Arabic Spain was ruled over by Moors for 700 years yet they only have 1% Arabic loan words while Somali has over 20%

Are you sure it is only 20%? Do you know there is a letter in Somali alphabet, every word this letter starts with is Arabic.:yacadiim:

The Spaniard reconquista warriors brought with them a pure Spanish that belonged in the Romance family, but was also influenced by Visgothic. The Spaniards made a conscious effort to eliminate the Mozarabic language that was heavily influenced by Arabic, since they deemed it foreign & impure. Hence why modern Spanish has very little Arabic influence.

In Spanish society, if you looked like a Moor/North African but had converted to Catholicism you were still racially discriminated against by the White Spaniards that carry Visgothic & Roman ancestry.

Somali language on the other hand became heavily influenced by Arabic due to Islam & extensive trading with the Arabs.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Basically we are a sect of an old Yemeni tribe. There is a hadith that Mahdi, who will fight Tajaal will come from a wheat brown and aquiline nose arab tribe. We fit the bill.

I wouldn't say 20% is much, there are other langauges spoken by muslim ethnicities that have way bigger percentage of arabic words in them.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Basically we are a sect of an old Yemeni tribe.
5560.jpg

Basically we are a sect of an old Yemeni tribe. There is a hadith that Mahdi, who will fight Tajaal will come from a wheat brown and aquiline nose arab tribe. We fit the bill.
That's bullshit. This whole "come from a single Yemen traveller" is factually incorrect. We've existed long before Arabs. Don't spread these lies about our past, otherwise ur giving Bantus fuel for when they try to take over.

Nah, creole refers to languages with fucked up grammar and extreme simplifications.
I know man have you heard though there is this theory that English is a creole between old Norse and old English that's why middle English is so much more simple than old English personally I think some simplification happened some sort of dumbing down of the language

Apollo

VIP
I know man have you heard though there is this theory that English is a creole between old Norse and old English that's why middle English is so much more simple than old English personally I think some simplification happened some sort of dumbing down of the language

English is more expressive than German. In my opinion. I speak both languages. German has harder grammar, but English has ze better words and expressions.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
How sure are you?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Not sure. But the logical thinking clues is there

# 1 Somalia was once jointed with Yemen until separate by water

# 2 100% Muslim Somalis most definitely says we were part of the mass converted arabs during the prophet pbuh

# 3 Many Hadith clearly say the ideal skin tone is that of wheat and somalis fit that. Not to mention the mahdi connection

# 4 Our Somali Language is basically arabic. We basically mixed with our slaves the bantu. The ethinic Somali is very distinct and noble in its origin

Mystifying?

Why does our DNA 23 say otherwise ? Why cant we have at least 50% middle east blood? Maybe years of imbreeding?

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
That's bullshit. This whole "come from a single Yemen traveller" is factually incorrect. We've existed long before Arabs. Don't spread these lies about our past, otherwise ur giving Bantus fuel for when they try to take over.

The Bantu will never take over Somalis, that is an oxymoron idea. LOL

They cant compete with the suicidal heart of a Somali. lol

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
After we take out all the Hindi, Arabic, Italian and English loan words
what is even left in Somali??:shookgabre:

The word Sharmarke??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending