Is this true? Treatment of Bantus under Barre

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hodon, Jan 11, 2017.

1. hodon

hodon

Ratings:
    +1,415
    I don't know if he was saying it to gain asylum or not but a man in a video said that during the barre era they were made to pay double for school and mistreated. But I heard Barre gave them a lot of power

2. Tenacious

Tenacious

Ratings:
    +184
    Education was free in Somalia during the kacaan. These are the same dhagaxyo who claimed a well known massacre( the jaziira massacre) were bantus. when every Somali and his unborn child know those were ethnic Somalis who rebelled against Siad Barre. During the kacaan, they had it better than most Somalis, plus the protection of Siad Barre.

If they dont like Somalia, which is clear that they dont, they can always go back to West Africa. Problem solved.

• Like Like x 3
  3. John Michael

John Michael

Ratings:
    +6,835
    Not true.

There's a lot more equality for them under the kacaan but definitely not enough.

The guy in that interview is a Kenyan pretending to be a Somali jareer, you can clearly tell from his accent

• Like Like x 1
  4. hodon

hodon

Ratings:
    +1,415
    He could be. but I used to go to school with some girls with that accent as well. I Think he might be kenyan though. especially what he said about the paying double raised red flags.

5. Canuck

Canuck

Ratings:
    +8,147

They were his foot soldiers in army that used tthem in killing of protesters. Siad barre trusted more the sab tribes, and Bantu because they did not side with any major tribes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AbdiJohnson

AbdiJohnson PABB Staff Member Verified

Ratings:
    +13,102
    Somali Bantu treatment under Barre was just as nasty as it is today. I feel for them. Somalians are terrible people.

7. Hemaal

Hemaal Jet life till my next life

Ratings:
    +3,796
    Beenawaas! :comeon:
    Barre treated them just like he treated everyone else, Bantus are despicable people for exaggerating lies about a dead man

Verification:
reCAPTCHA verification is loading. Please refresh the page if it does not load.
Draft saved Draft deleted