Is this inappropriate?

Do you support young girls being forced to wear the hijab/jilbab?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • No.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I support women wearing hijabs, but not prepubescent girls.

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • I think all females (including little girls) should be forced to wear the niqab.

• I think all Islamic veils should be banned.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HBIC| PhD in Langaab Studies | 𐒁𐒙𐒎𐒙𐒇𐒖𐒆𐒖
VIP
Blud :comeon:You know damn well little girls back home roam around wearing whatever they like. Maybe in Alshabab controlled areas they make little girls wear jilbaab or families that are super religious, but it's not the same for everybody else.
I agree kids shouldn't be forced to wear it but grown ups should. I don't wanna see grown woman that's like married showing her goods in public. Keep that shit for your man or your future to be man.
Read the post above, apparently this attire is their school uniform so this is forced upon them. It's not a choice. :francis:

Do you believe a woman can dress modestly without covering her head?

its uniform:kobeok: u from the US yall dont have uniforms right
I'm not from the U.S. and uniforms are not the problem.

How did we go from this school uniform in the 80s

To this

:umwhat::what:

You don't see anything wrong with that?:urgh:

Duchess

VIP
Because they get accustomed to the Islamic values of modesty. Besides, who else should small/young girls emulate? Their mothers, female relatives and friends with whom they share Islamic values, or gaalos?
Can a young girl be dressed modestly without wearing a hijab,jilbab, burqa etc?

Read the post above, apparently this attire is their school uniform so this is forced upon them. It's not a choice. :francis:

To this

Careful, girl. Don't wake Gegiroor, the sleeping Salafi

To this

not really because its school uniform im from the uk and i had to wear a uniform in primary and seconder i didnt like it but it was the dress code of the school

Duchess

VIP
Well, the first picture applies only to a few decades (post-colonialism). It wasn't the norm for much of Somalia's history. For instance, during the Ajuuraan* Sultanate (that spanned centuries), the bottom picture was the norm.

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajuran_Sultanate
Where's the evidence? Your link didn't reference anything about Somali females/girls wearing the burqa during the Ajuuraan Sultanate.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
Staff Member

To this

Are you really advocating for our girls to wear those skirts skinnies from the 80's wore? Oh hell naw.:camby:

The school uniform the little girls are wearing isn't as bad as you make it seem tbh. Those uniforms from the 80's wouldn't fly in today's Somalia and I'm glad.:rejoice:

I don't care about naago and what they wear I just want our young girls to dress modestly. Those girls in the picture in the 80's aren't dressed modestly.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Prepubescent girls shouldn't have to worry about modesty since the hijab is about lustful men, unless you nikkas saying 6yo girls your thing.

Prepubescent girls shouldn't have to worry about modesty since the hijab is about lustful men, unless you nikkas saying 6yo girls your thing.

i dont see what the problem is haven't you people wore school uniforms its the dress code of the school they had me dressing like carlton from fresh prince when i was in school

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
The school policy obviously the problem, probably bankrolled by sand ******s forcing their ideology on us, gullible niggas fallin for the Muslim shit then wonder why they kids blowin themselves up in marka or damascus.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
Staff Member
When they're losing the battle they restore to this LoL. You don't understand where we're coming from ninyow. Yaac ninyow.:camby:

Duchess

VIP
Are you really advocating for our girls to wear those skirts skinnies from the 80's wore? Oh hell naw.:camby:

The school uniform the little girls are wearing isn't as bad as you make it seem tbh. Those uniforms from the 80's wouldn't fly in today's Somalia and I'm glad.:rejoice:

I don't care about naago and what they wear I just want our young girls to dress modestly. Those girls in the picture in the 80's aren't dressed modestly.
What's immodest about a young girl wearing a skirt that is below her knees? Again, who is looking at her that way? :mindblown: There is something very wrong with forcing a girl to wear a jilbab and making it seem like it's normal or religious to do so when it's not. They're little children and should be allowed to dress their age.

The state religion was Islam, and thus law was based on Sharia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajuran_Sultanate#Administration
What form of Sharia? Also, young girls being forced to wear Hijab is not mandated by Islam and has no place in our religion so your argument is invalid.

The school policy obviously the problem, probably bankrolled by sand ******s forcing their ideology on us, gullible niggas fallin for the Muslim shit then wonder why they kids blowin themselves up in marka or damascus.
well that escalated quick:whoa: whats the link between wearing a hijab and blowing your self up
it is a islamic school what you expect them to wear:what1:

Duchess

VIP
well that escalated quick:whoa: whats the link between wearing a hijab and blowing your self up
it is a islamic school what you expect them to wear:what1:
I don't agree with everything Bahal has said but after a bit of googling it seems like these uniforms are forced on public school students as well. Even if it were an Islamic school, a young girl who has yet to reach puberty should not be wearing the veil. The purpose of the veil is to cover awrah and the awrah of a young girl is her chest and nether regions. If we look at this from a cultural perspective, the jilbab is not part of our dhaqan and was imported from the Middle East during the 1980s. There's no reason why young Somali girls should be forced to dress this way.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
:cryinglaughsmiley:

All I'm saying is most of these schools in Somalia funded by private religious groups funded by arabs, that's a fact.

If the school forcing kids to wear that, you gotta wonder what else they teaching them. It ain't a surprise Arabs gettin a foothold in Somalia after the war and niggas blowing themselves up right after.

Bantu/Arab/Ethiopian/foreign influence :trash:

A

Atiya

There's not enough options. How about young girls who want to wear the hijab? :drakewtf: Like my 5 year old sis for example. She throws a fit if you tell her she can't wear it, I tried hiding it from her but she cries her eyes out. Little kids copy what adults do. She see her mum do it and she wants to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts