Is this inappropriate?

Do you support young girls being forced to wear the hijab/jilbab?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • No.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I support women wearing hijabs, but not prepubescent girls.

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • I think all females (including little girls) should be forced to wear the niqab.

• I think all Islamic veils should be banned.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP

She's cute and everything, but I feel conflicted. She's a little girl, who's looking at her like that? Does this not defeat the purpose of the hijab? :drakewtf:

i don't understand this whole forcing thing :mindblown:if the girls is raised right she will wear it of her own accord if you gotta force her to wear it give up cuz its too little too late :kanyeshrug:

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
Staff Member
This is xijaab that I know of why the hell is that head scarf thing called xijaab?:drakewtf:

Tbh if she likes it and no one is forcing her I say let her wear it. I rather see our girls wearing xijaab like this than some see through shit that exposes her body parts.
I can't wait for the day when our girls all wear this. When I say girls I mean18 and up.
Indho shareer and hijab on a woman especially if she got killer eyes.:banderas:

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
This is xijaab that I know of why the hell is that head scarf thing called xijaab?:drakewtf:

Tbh if she likes it and no one is forcing her I say let her wear it. I rather see our girls wearing xijaab like this than some see through shit that exposes her body parts.
I can't wait for the day when our girls all wear this. When I say girls I mean18 and up.
so you want something like this:damedamn:

Q

Queen Carawelo

The reason why somali mothers are forcing toddlers to wear the hijab/jilbaab is because they're too lazy to do their hair. Once the hijab comes off the little girls hair is matted and dirty. The MN board of education complained about little girls infecting lice to other non somali kids. They're not doing it for religion purpose. Secondly little girls should have the freedom to be kids. How are they supposed to run around and enjoy themselves while dragging 3 meter of fabric. Let kids be kids.

Duchess

VIP

What the little girl is wearing is an extreme form of hijab ( jilbab) and, given that she lives in Somalia, I highly doubt she had a choice in the matter. Plus, she's too young to give consent or to even understand what's going on around her. My problem isn't with her, but her parents and society/environment that seems to think this is normal. Hijab should never be forced upon any woman, but imho making young girls wear it defeats the purpose of the veil. It's not necessary for a young girl to cover her entire body (including her hair) as if she were an adult woman.

It should however be noted that if the young girl is of such a built that she looks like one who has reached the age of puberty or her state is such that males can cast lustful gazes upon her due to her physique, then in this case, she will be required to cover herself like that of an adult female
http://islamqa.org/hanafi/darululoomtt/52284
:holeup::dwill:

This disturbing trend of seeing girls as young as 4 donned in the veil does not serve any purposes, but in fact sexualizes them. Maybe we need to deal with the pedophiles in our society who get turned on by prepubescent girls instead of obsessing about forcing the girls to wear tents. :hova:

Duchess

VIP
The reason why somali mothers are forcing toddlers to wear the hijab/jilbaab is because they're too lazy to do their hair. Once the hijab comes off the little girls hair is matted and dirty. The MN board of education complained about little girls infecting lice to other non somali kids. They're not doing it for religion purpose. Secondly little girls should have the freedom to be kids. How are they supposed to run around and enjoy themselves while dragging 3 meter of fabric. Let kids be kids.
Damn! Cleanliness is an important part of our religion. What the hell are these parents doing?:jcoleno:

I agree w/ you. They should let these young girls enjoy their childhood instead of robbing it by forcing them to wear something that isn't mandated by our religion. They could teach their daughters about the hijab by letting them wear it to dugsi. That's how my mother taught us.:kobeok:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Seen toddlers wearin this shit brehs, disturbing af if you think about what it represents like pedo thirst type shit.

I vote for anyone above 18 wearin whatever the f*ck they want but no kids.

McD30

Bored to death
I thought about this a lot some years ago. I think it's sick as f*ck to don a scarf on a little girl. It takes away her innocence and ironically sexualizes her. I would not ban the practice but I would discourage it. It's a slippery slope to involve authorities in how you should raise your kids.

Q

Queen Carawelo

That's how I learned about wearing the head scarf was through dugsi.

She's cute and everything, but I feel conflicted. She's a little girl, who's looking at her like that? Does this not defeat the purpose of the hijab? :drakewtf:
actually i just realized its their school uniform i used to see school children wearing them all the time when i was in somalia a couple years ago my little cousins had to wear a bright green one and the boys wore a white shirt with bright green trousers

Duchess

VIP
I support hijab for small/young girls.
Why?

actually i just realized its their school uniform i used to see school children wearing them all the time when i was in somalia a couple years ago my little cousins had to wear a bright green one and the boys wore a white shirt with bright green trousers
At what age are they forced to wear this as a uniform?

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
Staff Member
What the little girl is wearing is an extreme form of hijab ( jilbab) and, given that she lives in Somalia, I highly doubt she had a choice in the matter. Plus, she's too young to give consent or to even understand what's going on around her. My problem isn't with her, but her parents and society/environment that seems to think this is normal. Hijab should never be forced upon any woman, but imho making young girls wear it defeats the purpose of the veil. It's not necessary for a young girl to cover her entire body (including her hair) as if she were an adult woman.

http://islamqa.org/hanafi/darululoomtt/52284
:holeup::dwill:

This disturbing trend of seeing girls as young as 4 donned in the veil does not serve any purposes, but in fact sexualizes them. Maybe we need to deal with the pedophiles in our society who get turned on by prepubescent girls instead of obsessing about forcing the girls to wear tents. :hova:
Blud :comeon:You know damn well little girls back home roam around wearing whatever they like. Maybe in Alshabab controlled areas they make little girls wear jilbaab or families that are super religious, but it's not the same for everybody else.
I agree kids shouldn't be forced to wear it but grown ups should. I don't wanna see grown woman that's like married showing her goods in public. Keep that shit for your man or your future to be man.

Status
Not open for further replies.