Is there a specific Hadith forbidding tattoos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
I need to find a specific Hadith that forbids tattoos.

All of my life I've heard about how dambi but nobody ever provided proof and why it is dambi.

These would be cute.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
From wat I've read seems very specific to me fam

I mean I don't remember anything that directly referenced tattoos

Just an assortment of things that can damage your body or permanently change the way Allah made you

Odeg

Gedo
From what I know is that tatto is considered "mutilating" the body, changing Allah's creation.

I need to find a specific Hadith that forbids tattoos.

All of my life I've heard about how dambi but nobody ever provided proof and why it is dambi.

These would be cute.

Narrated 'Abdullah: Allah has cursed those women who practise tattooing and those who get themselves tattooed, and those who remove their face hairs, and those who create a space between their teeth artificially to look beautiful, and such women as change the features created by Allah. Why then should I not curse those whom the Prophet has cursed? And that is in Allah's Book. i.e. His Saying: 'And what the Apostle gives you take it and what he forbids you abstain (from it).' (59.7) Sahih Al-Bukhari 72:815

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Narrated 'Abdullah: Allah has cursed those women who practise tattooing and those who get themselves tattooed, and those who remove their face hairs, and those who create a space between their teeth artificially to look beautiful, and such women as change the features created by Allah. Why then should I not curse those whom the Prophet has cursed? And that is in Allah's Book. i.e. His Saying: 'And what the Apostle gives you take it and what he forbids you abstain (from it).' (59.7) Sahih Al-Bukhari 72:815

Kkkkk case closed

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Here you go

1. Narrated 'Aun bin Abu Juhaifa:

"My father bought a slave who practiced the profession of cupping. (My father broke the slave's instruments of cupping). I asked my father why he had done so. He replied, 'The Prophet forbade the acceptance of the price of a dog or blood, and also forbade the profession of tattooing, getting tattooed and receiving or giving Riba, (usury), and cursed the picture-makers.'

(Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Sales and Trade, Volume 3, Book 34, Number 299)"

2. Narrated 'Abdullah:

"Allah has cursed those women who practise tattooing and those who get themselves tattooed, and those who remove their face hairs, and those who create a space between their teeth artificially to look beautiful, and such women as change the features created by Allah. Why then should I not curse those whom the Prophet has cursed? And that is in Allah's Book. i.e. His Saying: 'And what the Apostle gives you take it and what he forbids you abstain (from it).' (59.7)

(Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Dress, Volume 7, Book 72, Number 815)"

:westbrookwtf:

Young Popeye

Call me pops
Its not allowed in Islam because your altering your appearance permanently, but there might be exceptions, especially if your trying to cover up injuries like that girl did.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
How come it's only women? Men can get tattoos?

Btw I was not questioning what Allah swt forbade! I just wanted prove. We Somalis are its Haram trigger happy!

Thanks guys!

How come it's only women? Men can get tattoos?

Btw I was not questioning what Allah swt forbade! I just wanted prove. We Somalis are its Haram trigger happy!

Thanks guys!
It's haram for both men and women. It's just back then women were the ones who got tattoos not men.

Why don't you see men get henna tattoos done? It's not in our culture.

'The Prophet forbade the acceptance of the price of a dog or blood, and also forbade the profession of tattooing, getting tattooed and receiving or giving Riba, (usury), and cursed the picture-makers.'
Narrated 'Abdullah: Allah has cursed those who remove their face hair

If you did arts in school or ever plucked an eyebrow youre cursed anyway.

Might as well be cursed with that cute butterfly trampstamp you always wanted :ayaanswag:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending