Is there a rise in somalis being atheist or agnostic?

So, I heard of certain somali figures who are atheists or agnostic and about there personal story. Furthermore, I am a Muslim eventhough I did not like going to weekend school.

So what's your opinion?

Well, it's rising for sure. Not at alarming rates but it's def getting higher. I DM plenty of xalimos and a lot of them pretty much left the fold of Islam.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I've never seen one in real life, only on the internet. I don't think them rising would have any significant impact on the Muslim or Somali community, there pretty much insignificant. May Allah protect us from these people and the enemies of Islam.

So, I heard of certain somali figures who are atheists or agnostic and about there personal story. Furthermore, I am a Muslim eventhough I did not like going to weekend school.

So what's your opinion?

You meant a "Rise"? In America "a raise" means to get extra pay in your hourly wages. Original meaning is to elevate in position. Or level.

To answer if that is what you meant, NO.

Last edited:
I've never seen one in real life, only on the internet. I don't think them rising would have any significant impact on the Muslim or Somali community, there pretty much insignificant. May Allah protect us from these people and the enemies of Islam.

They are only a danger to themselves. Not to minimize the effort of asking Allah to protect us, but if you think about the point of faith for a human, they are more troubled than a muslim should be. Hence, a danger to themselves.

Of course, with everything including Islam, understanding the purpose is key to its value.

There is a rise which is to be expected in 21th century since and we don't need the idea of god anymore due to Science. It's a good thing

There is a rise which is to be expected in 21th century since and we don't need the idea of god anymore due to Science. It's a good thing

What is the idea of God in your understanding? And why do you think that idea is not necessary? I am curious.

Science is the study of nature by simple definition. Islam said that same nature, which is dependent on something outside of itself to continue to exist, depends on a Creator who started all creations. We give thanks to him for that reason and for his mighty abilities to make life possible on earth. Our beliefs are based on rational thoughts about the world we live in that way. Makes sense if you think about it.

In addiiton, Science talks about process and how things function without addressing the originator. Islam on the other hand, teaches about the Originator of all these materials in nature. Science(an evolutionary biologist) discourages asking the question of who is behind of all things present in nature. Islam encourages to reflect on the same nature and to ask who is behind them and made their existence possible.

Islamic approach makes sense to me that way. People who believe in God as a creator and the originator of all things are rational beings.

Last edited:
What has increased is the number of people coming out as agnostic or atheist, so it feels like there are more people leaving Islam.

I've met a few back in post secondary. University is where you get brainwashed with social justice nonsense and LBGT crap. There are a few ex muslim associations too that are created by mainly young folk and i know at the university of alberta there were a few prominent Somalis that were on the board of those ex muslim association organizations.

I got into an argument once with a Somali girl who had doubts about God's existence and claimed she wasn't Muslim anymore but she also says the "shahada every night before bed just in case". Go figure lol.

I've met an older Somali Christian once as well who is in 60's. I salamed him and he just nodded and said hi.

Atheism is on the rise among Somalis in the West but nowhere near alarming levels. Islam is still the fastest growing religion in the world.

Last edited:
What has increased is the number of people coming out as agnostic or atheist, so it feels like there are more people leaving Islam.

Cool username. Reminds me of the 2015 movie lead character Imperator Furiosa :)

il_794xN.1759288106_6e9e.jpg

Which field of science have you studied and how did it lead to your theological beliefs?

How exactly would you derive theological beliefs from geology, for example?

I've been studying programming and I'm not sure that Python has much to say about the nature of human existence.

Which field of science have you studied and how did it lead to your theological beliefs?

How exactly would you derive theological beliefs from geology, for example?

I've been studying programming and I'm not sure that Python has much to say about the nature of human existence.

Good points Abti. Reasonable questions. May be some smart atheist will come in to explain their evidence in science where they learned God can not or does not exist.

Good work.

Please speak to a qualified Muslim scholar or debater. I could give names if you want. May Allah guide you.

Honestly, I don't think sound reason leads to atheism- I think it's about wanting to follow one's desires.

The Quran has been the same for over 1,400 years. Yet I remember when "climate change" was "global warming". I remember the man I met who grew breasts due to taking psych meds.

I think women tend to have less moral uprightness then men. I think women tend to promote the undermining of religion and the promotion of degeneracy. More women in hell than men.

Westernized women don't want to have morals and values. I don't think it has anything to do with reason. They prefer a vapid, superficial, self-centered lifestyle devoid of meaning, for whatever reason. The media and universities push this and they don't think for themselves so they parrot the nonsense, follow it, become basically identical to the rest of the droves following the same foolishness and they won't listen to reason because they're perfectly content to reject their Creator and prefer shallowness. Women in general tend to be morally inferior to men and they are the demonstration of this. They lack the moral and spiritual values that are more prevalent among men and lack the same depth of inner life.

Honestly, I don't think sound reason leads to atheism- I think it's about wanting to follow one's desires.

The Quran has been the same for over 1,400 years. Yet I remember when "climate change" was "global warming". I remember the man I met who grew breasts due to taking psych meds.

I think women tend to have less moral uprightness then men. I think women tend to promote the undermining of religion and the promotion of degeneracy. More women in hell than men.

Westernized women don't want to have morals and values. I don't think it has anything to do with reason. They prefer a vapid, superficial, self-centered lifestyle devoid of meaning, for whatever reason. The media and universities push this and they don't think for themselves so they parrot the nonsense, follow it, become basically identical to the rest of the droves following the same foolishness and they won't listen to reason because they're perfectly content to reject their Creator and prefer shallowness. Women in general tend to be morally inferior to men and they are the demonstration of this. They lack the moral and spiritual values that are more prevalent among men and lack the same depth of inner life.

Don't really agree that women are looser, most somali women I know are more practising than the men. They certainly drink less, sleep around less and spend more time praying and reading Quran.

Also more women in hell because there are more women in general. There will be a time when it's like 50 women to one man. People like you who make women sound like the spawn of satan are the reason some people say bad things about islam. Remeber you're an ambassador for your faith please think about how things come across before you go around spewing unsupported statements. I'd like proofs next time you want to make women sound so horrible.

Don't really agree that women are looser, most somali women I know are more practising than the men. They certainly drink less, sleep around less and spend more time praying and reading Quran.

Also more women in hell because there are more women in general. There will be a time when it's like 50 women to one man. People like you who make women sound like the spawn of satan are the reason some people say bad things about islam. Remeber you're an ambassador for your faith please think about how things come across before you go around spewing unsupported statements. I'd like proofs next time you want to make women sound so horrible.

I apologize, my sister.

After I posted my post, I did think I should have been more clear- my post was talking about the Westernized women. My post wasn't talking about you, from the sounds of it.

Now as for the interpretation of the hadith- I do think in a sort of mathematical average sort of sense.... a higher proportion of women end up in hell than men. I think this would be the more straightforward, plain interpretation of the hadith rather and I think the "it's because there's more women overall" is sort of a stretch to make it more politically correct.

That being said, what does it matter what sex one is? A man isn't better than a woman because he's a man- nor vice versa. There are plenty of women I'm inferior to and those are the women who have more taqwa than me.

My post was more about Westernized type women- I wasn't really talking about pious, Muslim women. I mean you look at especially at some of the older, more traditional women....... I have a lot of respect for them.

I don't say "well, uhhh..... I apologize if you were offended". I say I apologize.

I think I could have better specified that I was more talking about Westernized women- no way was I really talking the pious Muslim sisters.

I do disagree on a point but I don't mean an ounce or a drop of disrespect to you- I disagree that I am an ambassador. I don't believe that at all. An ambassador is a very diplomatic sort of person. I believe in telling the truth in a blunt manner. I don't care if I win people's hearts, I simply want to tell the truth.

I'm not trying to take a shot but a lot of women (it's almost always women) try to push me to take a more diplomatic approach. I think it's a difference in personality types and communication styles. I enjoy being blunt and it's simply my way of being. I sort of want to be as mathematically accurate in a sense and precise in what I say and so I sort of ignore being diplomatic for the sake of a sort of precision. A person that's more diplomatic can't tell the truth in as plain and direct a way as possible. I think it's a difference in male and female communication style and I think it's pretty reasonable that I would rather not go with a communication style that is more associated with women.

That being said- and there are men who do take a more diplomatic approach in their way if communication and I don't mean to insult them (as long as they're not imitating women)- I think there's room for different personalities and communication styles. One person might like to listen to a more blunt communication style, one might prefer a more gentle communication style.

Anyways, if you felt like my post was a shot at you- it wasn't. Unless you are one of those types pushing the undermining of the moral fabric (and I don't think you are at all), my post was not meant towards you.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP

I agree, despite our differences, you are a very wise man. I think there's hadith somewhere where it said women will flock to dajjal so much that believing men would have to literally chain their wives and daughters in order as to not be tempted by him. I think this Dajjallic calling must be feminism or something along those lines that really appeal to the women's nature.