is our history and culture getting erased because of Islam?

alien

📍outer space
VIP
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Is our history and culture getting erased. have we lost parts of our culture that we do not know of. is our culture being deemed unislamic

Somali was an oral language. Could it be that parts of our history are hidden or just tossed away because it was "unislamic". could parts of our culture be gone because we stopped talking about them.

when I think of somali traditions all I can think about is stuff that related to Islam. is there nothing that is left of pre Islamic Somalis?

Is our history and culture getting erased. have we lost parts of our culture that we do not know of. is our culture being deemed unislamic

Somali was an oral language. Could it be that parts of our history are hidden or just tossed away because it was "unislamic". could parts of our culture be gone because we stopped talking about them.

when I think of somali traditions all I can think about is stuff that related to Islam. is there nothing that is left of pre Islamic Somalis?
I doubt it TBH. Only the haraam stuff would be thrown out but even so, their is still a lot of haram shit that Somalis do in Somalia. They make music/listen to it, they smoke, they wear things they shouldn't and they do shit in weddings that I won't even speak about.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP

Bro your just 16 lmao, we’ve lost nothing lmao, if we were loosing anything the first thing would’ve been qabyalaad.

alien

📍outer space
VIP
Bro your just 16 lmao, we’ve lost nothing lmao, if we were loosing anything the first thing would’ve been qabyalaad.
what does my age have to do with anything I just said. also Islam promotes Qabil and knowing you're lineage. the word qabil is also Arabic

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Yes Islam is dominant/ Superior and destroys all useless culture, not just Somalia
Kkkk not in somalia, somalis act religious but they don’t give shit up that’s bad and haram. Arabs too, those fake wahabbis just push their sick version of islam that’s why they promote shit like honor killings and shit. Only people to honestly give bad traditions up for islam are reverts and Indonesians/malaysian/brunein, that’s why they see both developed and religious. Can’t say the same for the rest. Arabs, HELL NO, Turks, f*ck no, desis, nah to the nah nah nah, other africans, skrt a little but no, somalis, NOPE

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
what does my age have to do with anything I just said. also Islam promotes Qabil and knowing you're lineage. the word qabil is also Arabic

islam promotes for us to know our lineage, as a means to identify us and for us to know eachother. Not as a means to fight, kill and start a civil war over qabyalad, that’s strictly unislamic. Going “you can’t marry this person because they are xx” or “this clan is xx stay away from them” is strictly haram and utter nonsense in Islam.

Abu Huraira reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Learn your lineages to solidify your family ties. Verily, keeping family ties causes love among the kinship, enriches the wealth, and increases the lifespan.”
Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 1979

Abu Malik al-Ash’ari reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Four traits in my nation are among the affairs of ignorance that they have not abandoned: boasting over status, disparaging over lineage, seeking rain by the stars, and wailing over the dead.”

Uqbah ibn ‘Amir reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Verily, these lineages of yours cannot be used to disparage anyone. You are all the children of Adam, going back to him equally and cannot be exceeded. No one is favored except by religion or good deeds. It is enough sin for a man to be vulgar, shameless, miserly, and cowardly.”

Source: Musnad Aḥmad 16978

nowhere in any of those hadiths does islam promote the vile qabyalaad that exists in somalia, all this fight over lineage (qabil) is haram and any muslim with a little knowledge of the quran knows that. But somalis choose to ignore it, if Islam ever ended “traditions” then this would be base one, not even the fake wahabbi alshabaab fuckers tried to end qabyalaad, they’re all qabilista like the other somalis.

Islamic qabil promotes unity, representation and peace, somali qabyalaad promotes violence and disparity. At this point it should be banned. Somalia won’t develop with qabyalaad in the way.

Now what were you saying?
:kodaksmiley:

alien

📍outer space
VIP
islam promotes for us to know our lineage, as a means to identify us and for us to know eachother. Not as a means to fight, kill and start a civil war over qabyalad, that’s strictly unislamic. Going “you can’t marry this person because they are xx” or “this clan is xx stay away from them” is strictly haram and utter nonsense in Islam.

Abu Huraira reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Learn your lineages to solidify your family ties. Verily, keeping family ties causes love among the kinship, enriches the wealth, and increases the lifespan.”
Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 1979

Abu Malik al-Ash’ari reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Four traits in my nation are among the affairs of ignorance that they have not abandoned: boasting over status, disparaging over lineage, seeking rain by the stars, and wailing over the dead.”

Uqbah ibn ‘Amir reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Verily, these lineages of yours cannot be used to disparage anyone. You are all the children of Adam, going back to him equally and cannot be exceeded. No one is favored except by religion or good deeds. It is enough sin for a man to be vulgar, shameless, miserly, and cowardly.”

Source: Musnad Aḥmad 16978

nowhere in any of those hadiths does islam promote the vile qabyalaad that exists in somalia, all this fight over lineage (qabil) is haram and any muslim with a little knowledge of the quran knows that. But somalis choose to ignore it, if Islam ever ended “traditions” then this would be base one, not even the fake wahabbi alshabaab fuckers tried to end qabyalaad, they’re all qabilista like the other somalis.

Islamic qabil promotes unity, representation and peace, somali qabyalaad promotes violence and disparity. At this point it should be banned. Somalia won’t develop with qabyalaad in the way.

Now what were you saying?
:kodaksmiley:
when did I say anything about fighting because of qabil. you said
the first thing would’ve been qabyalaad.
meaning we would've lost qabil. I mentioned Islam promotes knowing and learning qabil/lineage

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
when did I say anything about fighting because of qabil. you said

meaning we would've lost qabil. I mentioned Islam promotes knowing and learning qabil/lineage
Nigga what I clearly meant is toxic qabil, qabil in somalia is inherently toxic, there was no need for clarification.
Also many somali clans make fraudulent claims saying they’re arabs which is also technically haram.

Wathilah ibn al-Asqa’ reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Verily, the worst of lies are for a man to claim lineage from someone other than his father, or that he saw a dream he did not see, or to say the Messenger of Allah said what he did not say.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 3318

Nah, Somali culy and Islam coexisted peacefully for centuries. It's only recently with the eyrab shmoney that we have Wahhabis claiming everything is bidca or shirk.

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
My theory is that when some powerful somalis came together to create the great carab qabiil abo myth. They destroyed everything that resembled our previous deen and some parts of our culture.
To keep the future somalis muslim.

Trending