Is our generation of Somalis marrying other tribes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously the vast majority of the older generation, our parents and grandparents, married within their tribe.

But do you think our generation of Somalis are marrying people from other tribes? I don't think so. Almost all of the new marriages that I know are both from the same tribe. My brother married an Isaaq girl, my sister was going to marry a Hawiye man but my Hoyoo did not approve, although my abo was fine with it. She ended up marrying a Warsangeli, but they're very close with Isaaqs and they're our allies considering they chose to be in Somaliland with us. All my male and female cousins married Isaaqs only I've realized. I thought more young Somalis would be marrying other tribes because we intermingle with and befriend people from other tribes. Unlike our parents, who tend to only hang with people from their own tribe. Like all my moms friends are Habaryonis or Isaaq atleast lol. But this isn't the case with Somalis our age, Isaaqs hang out with Hawiye, Darood hang with Hawiye, etc...but yet I haven't seen many mixed tribe marriages, I wonder why?

Codeine

I got me some braids and I got me some hoes
Lol I doubt ANY Somalis in our generation would protest inter-qabil marriage. Most of us are pro interracial relationships let alone interqabil :bell:

Status
Not open for further replies.