Is music haram?

Rap is 100% haram. They use curse words, they rap about sex, murder, drugs, and it overall has a very demonic vibe to it. And I am a victim of rap music. May Allah help me end my habit;

Prettymuslim94

A man trying to be successful
Depends like if it's rap/trap probably haram. Pop probably haram. Country probably halal. Rock is half and half.

Prettymuslim94

A man trying to be successful
Music is hard to stop listening to when you hear great songs like this(halal)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So just avoid haram music because you probably won't be able to stop listening to it.

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
If beats were haram back in the prophet (saw) day, do you think he would allow any music today? No it’s haram babe

Evidence of prohibition in the Qur’aan and Sunnah:

Allaah says in Soorat Luqmaan (interpretation of the meaning):

“And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. music, singing) to mislead (men) from the path of Allaah…” [Luqmaan 31:6]

The scholar of the ummah, Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: this means singing. Mujaahid (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: this means playing the drum (tabl). (Tafseer al-Tabari, 21/40).

Al-Hasan al-Basri (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: this aayah was revealed concerning singing and musical instruments (lit. woodwind instruments). (Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 3/451).

this has always been debated

AUN to those who contributed to our culture
AUN to those who were killed for picking up an instrument

Trending

Latest posts