• This website is being maintained/upgraded and may have some downtime or errors. Report any problems to the admin.

Is making friends hard for you?

surprisingly not

deadass they would have already kidnapped their husband noah centimayo a while ago but apparently not
I really wished I could say the same for our chicks

was talking to this xalimo from bio she seemed nice all cool all nice
Traded socials

checked her twitter

at a Kevin Gates concert with madow dudes it’s over with :damn:

@Desert Flower
I very much relate to your situation here. I find most of the people really unthinking, narrow-minded and superficial. I crave and my soul is hungry for deep intellectual connection. What I did is that I started to learn and study myself... only when you know and understand yourself, you will be able to see the potential in people around you and that would save you a lot of time and effort because you won't make the mistake to socialize with those who don't deserve you.
Five years ago, I took this mbti test and found my personality type and since then I'm able to tell who really is worth my time when I meet new people. When you learn about yourself and read about other personality types, you will become better at reading people and that enables you to select your friends
I don’t believe in the mbti but everything you said is so true! May Allah grants us friends that are good for us. It’s hard but attainable.

Mmm That’s what I thought. There must be one person in that group that your close with or relate to; Try to be acquainted with their other friends and you might feel more connected with them. Try putting yourself out there more, staying in your comfort zone just puts you in a box
I have been lazy these past few months. I use to go out more often before but now its winter. Nobody got time for that.

I have some that I'm close with but its just "tense." So I have scaled back on hanging out with them. I don't like being around negative people, or people who talk bad about others.

How you feel after you leave someone's presence says a whole lot I've realized.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
Staff Member
I have had a lot of acquaintances (still do) but very very few friends. I always wanted a best friend of sort, who shared the same values and interests as me who’s also Somali (because I have more in common with them) and it’s hard.

You’re right though, it gets harder as you get older and people’s priorities change. But I feel like it’s easier for men to make and maintain friends better than women, in my experience.
So you never had a BFF :cosbyhmm: What’s your opinion of a guy being a better friend to a girl than say her counterparts?:cosbyhmm: Lots of dramas between women tbh and I always see girls who were hella close who can’t stand to see each other.

Daacad90

Aspiring Buraanbur Artist.
I live in the most antisocial city in the world. I spend most of my time studying, most of my friends are older than me. You get the picture.:gaasdrink:

So you never had a BFF :cosbyhmm: What’s your opinion of a guy being a better friend to a girl than say her counterparts?:cosbyhmm: Lots of dramas between women tbh and I always see girls who were hella close who can’t stand to see each other.
Not since I was a kid.

I think its fine but impossible. A woman can be friends with a man and have no romantic feelings, but a guy cannot (unless he is married, but even then, women have to be careful.)

There is alot of drama; I know girls who hang out all the time but don't like each other. Makes no sense to me.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
Staff Member
Not since I was a kid.

I think its fine but impossible. A woman can be friends with a man and have no romantic feelings, but a guy cannot (unless he is married, but even then, women have to be careful.)

There is alot of drama; I know girls who hang out all the time but don't like each other. Makes no sense to me.
I know a friend of mine who said our relationship wouldn’t be the same if I got married. I get her reasoning tho. It’s due to respect.

Women are weird creatures one day y’all are bffs next day y’all wanna take your hijabs off and go wild.:drakewtf:

I know a friend of mine who said our relationship wouldn’t be the same if I got married. I get her reasoning tho. It’s due to respect.

Women are weird creatures one day y’all are bffs next day y’all wanna take your hijabs off and go wild.:drakewtf:
When you get married, your wife will be your best friend.

Teda kale, stop generalizing. If anything, you guys are the weird ones who think that a woman being nice = she's interested. Sheekada naga daa.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
Staff Member
When you get married, your wife will be your best friend.

Teda kale, stop generalizing. If anything, you guys are the weird ones who think that a woman being nice = she's interested. Sheekada naga daa.

Don’t be so hostile sxb.:whoa: I agree with most of what you say. :icon e smile:

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
Staff Member
I'm the nicest person ever, maxa ka qaldaan walaal? LOOL, if I seem harsh its because I care (not really, but you get the gist)
LoL I’m just messing with you sxb. I haven’t run into you much but you seem cool. You remind me of someone that used to post in another forum.

Latest posts