Is it weird that I want to start wearing the niqaab.

For several reason. But the main one being; to escape the pressure of wearing make up.

It isn't compatible with the concept of Xijaab. It is so prevalent that I feel like many muslim women aren't aware/ easily gloss over this fact. Make up for women has slowly being incorporated into the official 'professional ' attire for women. Without it, one risks being deemed unprofessional/ low key sticking out in campus/work place.

Not to mention the peer pressure, almost every other girl (especially in the west) wears it on the daily. Apart from the fact that alot of those items used are literally harmful for the skin, the make up industry preys on women's insecurity, promotes the idea of self hate/ hiding your 'flaws'. It is also mainly a women's only product (aren't we supposed to be the prettier gender?) The social/professional pressure doesn't apply to men and begrudgingly this time, it isn't the men's fault. It is literally a culture promoted perpertuated and encouraged by us women..

With that being said, due to where I currently reside , I ofcoz won't be able to don one anytime soon. But I am a strong proponent of the niqaab concept, I wish it was popular amongst the muslim women in the west.
I genuinely think that if all women adhered to the hijab prescribes in Shariah ( and I am not trying to be negative in any way towards my non hijabi sisters) then the concept of beauty standard wouldn't exist. It's amazing how Allah only tells us to do something if it is good but if it is bad then we arw forbidden to do it. I always marvel at that.

Trending