Is it time we change the capital of Somalia.

Should we change the capital of Somalia?

• Total voters

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
Is it time Somalia looks for a new capital?

Mogadishu has become overpopulated as well very unsafe. Is it time we change the capital to a city which is smaller and easier to monitor and control?

I’m fine with mogadishu staying capital if we become confederal and everyone manages their own lands If not it should be changed imo

I don't understand why this question pops out every now and then. No one will entertain moving the capital. It's the largest, wealthiest and fastest growing city in Somalia. Does it give Hawiye an unfair advantage, maybe. But no other city can even come close to Banadir metropolitan area. You should be discussing how can you improve housing for IDPs, collection/management of tax revenues and above all the eradication of Al Shabaab shadow government in the city.

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP
Is it time Somalia looks for a new capital?

Mogadishu has become overpopulated as well very unsafe. Is it time we change the capital to a city which is smaller and easier to monitor and control?
Not now

Eventually Somalia will have to change its capital, though I don't see it happening anytime soon

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
I don't understand why this question pops out every now and then. No one will entertain moving the capital. It's the largest, wealthiest and fastest growing city in Somalia. Does it give Hawiye an unfair advantage, maybe. But no other city can even come close to Banadir metropolitan area. You should be discussing how can you improve housing for IDPs, collection/management of tax revenues and above all the eradication of Al Shabaab shadow government in the city.
When you say "no one will entertain moving the capital.." you're basically disregarding the opinion of millions of Somalis worldwide. Mogadishu literally hindered the progression of Somali people for the past 3 decades. Civil wars happen around the world but the rebel faction that took the capital couldn't get their shit together or form an administration of their own for 15 years from 1991-2007 and from that point onwards the followed FGS adminstrations led by them were a total disaster. The abject poverty and lack of growth and development in Hirshabeelle and Galmudug is a true testament to their poor leadership qualities. The survival of the Somali people depends on moving the capital from that location.

Erigavo, Sanaag would be the perfect choice for me tbh. It has a nice weather, peaceful population from 2 different tribes and the current city plan is wonderous.

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP
Erigavo, Sanaag would be the perfect choice for me tbh. It has a nice weather, peaceful population from 2 different tribes and the current city plan is wonderous.

We respectfully decline

I'd suggest a brand new capital built from scratch in central Somalia.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
We respectfully decline

I'd suggest a brand new capital built from scratch in central Somalia.
The capital will not be moved to central Somalia nor southern Somalia. It will be either in Puntland, SSC or Somaliland, period.

Trending