Is Bison Haram?

Yesterday night we had a potluck at work. One of our avid hunting coworkers brought some bison meat. It is apparently an Aboriginal delicacy. Now I must confess the thought of eating an animal that he had shot was not appealing, but I began to wonder what it would taste like. I have recently tried gator, rabbit and frog legs. They all seem tame in comparison to the large frightening animal. But I have made the decision to try it in the near future. I have heard it is slightly gamey but is similar in ways to beef. Personally I find camel meat to be gamey. I'm ready to try. SO my question is, is it ok to eat from an Islamic perspective?

VixR

Veritas
Camel meat is very gamey. As are deer, duck and the animals people typically shoot for sport around here, but I’ve never tried bison. I love deer meat in jerky form. It gets rid of the gamey taste that way, and it’s delicious with all that seasoning. Aren’t Bison protected? I thought I heard they were in danger.

Camel meat is very gamey. As are deer, duck and the animals people typically shoot for sport around here, but I’ve never tried bison. I love deer meat in jerky form. It gets rid of the gamey taste that way.
What does deer meat taste like? :ohhh: does it have a similar taste to goat meat or beef?

VixR

Veritas
What does deer meat taste like? :ohhh: does it have a similar taste to goat meat or beef?
Very tough and dry, just super gamey. It’s the texture that’s different. But if you marinate it properly, it takes the edge off. I still don’t like it in normal meat form, but I actually crave/miss it now and again in jerky form.

Very tough and dry, just super gamey. It’s the texture that’s different. But if you marinate it properly, it takes the edge off. I still don’t like it in normal meat form, but I actually crave/miss it now and again in jerky form.
Would venison fall under deer meat? I've had it before. Thought it was mystery meat.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
Yesterday night we had a potluck at work. One of our avid hunting coworkers brought some bison meat. It is apparently an Aboriginal delicacy. Now I must confess the thought of eating an animal that he had shot was not appealing, but I began to wonder what it would taste like. I have recently tried gator, rabbit and frog legs. They all seem tame in comparison to the large frightening animal. But I have made the decision to try it in the near future. I have heard it is slightly gamey but is similar in ways to beef. Personally I find camel meat to be gamey. I'm ready to try. SO my question is, is it ok to eat from an Islamic perspective?

:gucciwhat:

Trending