Is anyone on this Forum Adopted?

techsamatar

I put Books to the Test of Life
Are you adopted or do you know any adopted Somalis? I don't think adopted Somalis exist but I heard their are foster care ones in Scandinavian countries where they put kids in foster care and brainwash them into being Gaalo.

Are you adopted or do you know any adopted Somalis? I don't think adopted Somalis exist but I heard their are foster care ones in Scandinavian countries where they put kids in foster care and brainwash them into being Gaalo.
There's alot in Somalia that are adopted very common for families to take one one orphan or two and raise them

NidarNidar

Punisher
My uncle was adopted by my grandmother, she took him in when he was 4 or 5 and raised him as her own, while his mother was alive, his father(grandmother's brother) divorced her and she gave him to my grandmother.

I've noticed Somalis tend to even adopt kids of friends if their parents pass away, I haven't seen any orphans yet back home atleast.

I was raised by my aunt after my parents divorced when I was very young. My father then moved me in to his sister's house, with whom I have lived with my whole life while he worked most of the time so yes I am adopted I guess.

NidarNidar

Punisher
I was raised by my aunt after my parents divorced when I was very young. My father then moved me in to his sister's house, with whom I have lived with my whole life while he worked most of the time so yes I am adopted I guess.
I was raised by my granny in the west lived with her even when my parents moved to the same country, until my mid teens when I moved back with my parents, and moved out in my early 20's for university.

I was raised by my granny in the west lived with her even when my parents moved to the same country, until my mid teens when I moved back with my parents, and moved out in my early 20's for university.
You're fortunate, my grandparents passed away before I was even born,nothing can compare to the love of grandmother.

I know a girl that went to my school that was adopted by Pakistanis, I dont really know what happened to her parents I think her mother had mental illness her siblings were separated I believe which is sad. I was always shocked to see her get in the car with an Asian man till my mum told me.

I know a girl that went to my school that was adopted by Pakistanis, I dont really know what happened to her parents I think her mother had mental illness her siblings were separated I believe which is sad. I was always shocked to see her get in the car with an Asian man till my mum told me.
How did she turn out?

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
My uncle was adopted by my grandmother, she took him in when he was 4 or 5 and raised him as her own, while his mother was alive, his father(grandmother's brother) divorced her and she gave him to my grandmother.

I've noticed Somalis tend to even adopt kids of friends if their parents pass away, I haven't seen any orphans yet back home atleast.
Similar story, my uncle, who was the youngest child, was adopted by my great aunt who didn’t have any children.

How common is it for foster care children, or adopted ones, to voluntarily/involuntary loose contact with their biological parents?
It depends on the person and why they were taken into fostercare. If their parents were abusive they will probably lose contact with them involuntarily but most of the time kids in foster care still have contact with parents but its just limited. But i wouldnt say its common to lose all contact with your bio parents unless you cut them off.

It depends on the person and why they were taken into fostercare. If their parents were abusive they will probably lose contact with them involuntarily but most of the time kids in foster care still have contact with parents but its just limited. But i wouldnt say its common to lose all contact with your bio parents unless you cut them off.

I asked because, as you probably know, there’s a stereotype that children are easily taken from their parents in Scandinavia.

I’ve heard of cases where there’ve been both legitimate reasons for the well being of the child, as well as others where you’re caught off guard from a family with seemingly decent upbringing and barely any complains from the child/surroundings.

Adoption like the Ajanebis do is against Somali culture and is basically like murder or cannibalism. Fostering is halal and you get ajar out of it.

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
My uncle and his wife who never could have children adopted a little girl in SL when she was an infant.The lil girl has no idea they aren’t her biological parents.She has no qabiil because nobody knows who her biological parents are

My uncle and his wife who never could have children adopted a little girl in SL when she was an infant.The lil girl has no idea they aren’t her biological parents.She has no qabiil because nobody knows who her biological parents are
Her biological parents are maybe Oromo

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts