Is a 22 year age gap too much?

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
The way this thread went from calling OP jealous to agreeing with her that the family f*cked up.

preview.jpg

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Waryah you need to send me these custom smileys in exchange for changing the DP.

I just have them saved on a file on my laptop and have them uploaded onto imgur and use links to post them. If you can be arsed to repeat the process I'll send the file your way.

DTt6sOK.png

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Walaashay, I don't know them or the whole situation. Just what a friend knows and has shared on an internet forum. I refuse to be too judgmental based on such information. For all we know he did initially disprove but she put her foot down and he relented whereas her mother is still not budging. We don't really know anything. And it's a bit silly to indict an entire ethnic group over this one family's drama.

Anyone who makes it to the US from the old world outside of Europe, especially without seeking asylum, is well-off by 3rd world standards. These are not people whose parents were reer badiyo yesterday, 9 times out of 10. That is what I mean by affluent. They are not representative of the vast majority of Asians, Arabs, Africans and whatnot. And in terms of real known statistics I've seen rather than anecdotes, Somalia is neither the world capital for forced marriages or underage brides:

vGAihEn.jpg

fYZfRrQ.png

And in contrast to a lot of these communities in the US, Somalis come from a wartorn country with a barely functioning government and many of their parents were asylum seekers who were liisiing a geel or lo or living in some tuulo before they got to the US whilst being influenced by hardline, gulf funded Sheikhs with loads of backward ideas to boot hence all the jilbabs and indho shareer that were never a part of our culture.

That being said, I don't support any of this and am on your side about that. I was not practicing whataboutism. As in "They do it or do it more so it's not bad when we do it." This should be looked into and condemned where needed among Somalis. I'm just pointing out that we're not truly the worst offenders in the world at all.
another thing that @Amirah missed is that when there’s a first generation immigrant from most other undeveloped countries, they were generally the more well off ones and often educated to be able to immigrate to the west. Whereas most Somali immigrants were refugees and often had little to no education and wealth.

Some of them even experiencing war first hand.
Funny you accuse me of making baseless arguments based on my own observations and yet you say something like “they’re not being protected…they’re just treated like property” so confidently like you know this is factual 100%.
Like I said, I wasn’t arguing with you nor was I agreeing with you. I was just telling you that you’re jumping to conclusions here with little real evidence. My “argument” was just to play devil’s advocate and show you how you could easily be wrong.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
another thing that @Amirah missed is that when there’s a first generation immigrant from most other undeveloped countries, they were generally the more well off ones and often educated to be able to immigrate to the west. Whereas most Somali immigrants were refugees and often had little to no education and wealth.

Especially in the case of America. Nobody is taking boats from India, China, Pakistan or Nigeria to the United States as an uneducated refugee. You wouldn't even be given refugee or asylum status from any of these places. These families may not be rich in some cases but they had means and/or usually educated parents. This is not like qaxooti aabos and hooyos who were in a place like a Kenyan refugee camp before they got to the US or Canada.

Amirah should see how backward and uncivilized Arabs and other groups can be when the same sort of demographic is found among their diasporas. I remember a friend from France once telling me a story about a Tunisian family who had come from a nomadic background and managed to immigrate to France. The children of the family excitedly toured the apartment their fam was given before their aabo and hooyo got to because they were busy with their guide/handler. They came to their aabo and told him that the house had a well which amazed him. Guess what these reer badiyo kids thought the well was? The toilet.

:mjlol:

Last edited:
Always a woman hating on this. The man has a young wife who can give him many children and the wife has an established mature man. What's the problem?

Always a woman hating on this. The man has a young wife who can give him many children and the wife has an established mature man. What's the problem?
You guys are so annoying. We are both still young. We’re literally immature asf so I was just asking for your opinions and whether or not I should have a talk with her

You guys are so annoying. We are both still young. We’re literally immature asf so I was just asking for your opinions and whether or not I should have a talk with her

I meant it towards the other women replying not you. It's my bad since the way I wrote it didn't make that clear

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
They not even married and he's taking her out on vacation thats super weird only reason he invite her family is to hide his true intentions which is to sleep with her

They not even married and he's taking her out on vacation thats super weird only reason he invite her family is to hide his true intentions which is to sleep with her
I mean it is weird. I bet like 90% of the Muslim population ain’t virgins b4 marriage anymore, we’re all lost. Anyways that’s what I was thinking too but everyone in this thread calling me jealous

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I mean it is weird. I bet like 90% of the Muslim population ain’t virgins b4 marriage anymore, we’re all lost. Anyways that’s what I was thinking too but everyone in this thread calling me jealous
there's alot muslims who are virgins before marriage but sadly theres alot muslims that follow western hook up culture

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
Definitely weird but if she can play her cards right and use him like he's using her then I have no problem with it. He better be paying for her tuition, house, car etc. Instead of advicing her not to go through with it advice her to get everything she can out of him so when they do break up she won't just be left with a wet ass. She'll be an established woman.

Trending

Latest posts