International aid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

waraabe

Your superior
Third worlders are between a rock and a hard place. All the money the rich nations pay is facing corruption either way.

1) that money is handed directly to corrupt officials who will abuse it

2) that money more than often is given to aid organisations and charities who are inherently corrupt themselves and will be spent on hotels and first class flights.

Solution = ?

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Every corrupt politician will be responsible for his or her qabiil.

It's that simple.

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
Get rid off the INGO's and give the money directly to local NGO's and send someone to oversee the whole thing!

waraabe

Your superior
Get rid off the INGO's and give the money directly to local NGO's and send someone to oversee the whole thing!

I think there needs to be someone on the ground to oversee the projects. if an airport is being built there must be someone that can be held accountable and to manage the whole process for example

Hemaal

VIP
Local NGOs are the worst offenders. For Somalis NGOs are a money making scheme.

I know because I volunteered one back home but some not all are corrupt. Tbh there are lots of NGO's making difference whether we like or not, one thing is for sure though the need for someone to keep in track of every detail.

I believe that aid should he banned but also interferrence of western powers in the affaires of other countries.
Places like Togo get hundreds of millions in aid but are doing worse than Eritrea who doesnt get any aid.
Investments are far far more effective than aid.

Gambar

VIP
I know because I volunteered one back home but some not all are corrupt. Tbh there are lots of NGO's making difference whether we like or not, one thing is for sure though the need for someone to keep in track of every detail.
Personally the two places I liked most were Edna's hospital and Hargeisa Orphanage because they have clear objectives and the proof is in the pudding.

Apollo

VIP
Without international aid the gap between developed countries and poor countries will grow even larger and larger.

Odeg

Gedo
If giving aid was the solution then African countries would be on top. I dont believe in aid and most countries can feed and devolop themselves. They need to stop looking for outside solution that will create dependence and more corruption.

Hemaal

VIP
Personally the two places I liked most were Edna's hospital and Hargeisa Orphanage because they have clear objectives and the proof is in the pudding.

I think the Hargeisa orphanage doesn't get much, Edna Adan on the other hand is good, aside from money she also gets equipment. Bulk of the NGO's are fgm related and even then they can't seem to bring change. Their whole awareness strategy is based on convincing women in a patrichial society.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts