Interesting video

Status
Not open for further replies.

i dont agree with ex muslims for the large part, but some of my personal somali and uzbekh friends are ex-muslim so they recommended me this video.

I have always believed that islam is heavily influenced by arab culture and now my doubts are increasing

may Allah guide me through this.

What's the rest of the video my friend I'm too lazy to watch it
it's a counter-argument to ali-dawah he was not very bright in his argument and insults to the ex-muslims so this veedu guy made this and talks about how islam today requires you to think, dress and act arab so that you become a muslim. He also talks about the brutal arab-slave trade and it's ties to islam.He talks about inferiority complexes in muslims today towards arab cultures and civilisations.

All thanks to salafism(the cancer of islam) our religion is dying and ur youth are leaving.....

it's a counter-argument to ali-dawah he was not very bright in his argument and insults to the ex-muslims so this veedu guy made this and talks about how islam today requires you to think, dress and act arab so that you become a muslim. He also talks about the brutal arab-slave trade and it's ties to islam.He talks about inferiority complexes in muslims today towards arab cultures and civilisations.

All thanks to salafism(the cancer of islam) our religion is dying and ur youth are leaving.....
No where in the quran does it say to act Arab or dress like an Arab also the Arab slave trade was Arab it has been done centuries before Islam and Islam limited it's scope.
I thought he would've had a better input on the topic but it's the usual arab=Islam false narrative:mjlol:

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
No where in the quran does it say to act Arab or dress like an Arab also the Arab slave trade was Arab it has been done centuries before Islam and Islam limited it's scope.
I thought he would've had a better input on the topic but it's the usual arab=Islam false narrative:mjlol:
that vid was long didn't watch. but i want to give my thoughts. i would like anyones opinion.

me and including millions of other muslims are born and raised into muslim households. from being raised in saudi arabia to to being raised in america. your taught to follow concepts and rules based on religon. as a kid you have to listen to your parents because they are your parents. you are enrolled into duqsi,where you attended it weekly, are sent to lectures to learn about islam. and etc.

thats basically life for a lot of somalis from age 5 to probably early teens. you can't really control the way you were raised. Some grow up actually liking the religion, others don’t while some are caught in between both choices. That ones that don’t like it find themselves in situations where they keep it to themselves. You can be beaten or maybe killed if you openly decline religion.

Once you get older and have freedom you get to decide if you want to keep the faith. As I have gotten older I have noticed some of the Hijabis i followed on social media are now non hijabis. I have seen people who were raised in very strict religous households turn up with beer and etc. I have seen women from Saudi women who recently come to the states on vacation wearing revealing clothes. I seen dudes at the masjid just sit back after jummah prayer talk about girls they are trying to smash soon. And etc.

You got Saudis teens and adults growing up in a country that is strict on religion that they hate it their.

Most new Muslims I have seen join because they were actually interested in gaining knowledge about the religion. A lot of current Muslims are just muslim because they are raised in a Muslim household.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
My bad for long post.

I can’t see myself hating ex Muslims like some people hear. Not every one accepts religion and they shouldn’t be forced to.

Most of the time people just trash ex Muslims for having reasons they lefts. The average atheist isn’t always shitting on religion.

Fels

#trollhunter
Ive noticed in the quran everbody important is arab doesn't that make you think

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
Ive noticed in the quran everbody important is arab doesn't that make you think

Lmao not everyone is arab. The prophets from Abraham onwards cannot be classifid as arab or even jew.
You know arab just means desert dweller... even the prophet (saw) was from an arabtised tribe. The quraysh in essence weren’t proper arab.

Honestly, it's your loss if you leave the religion. They can live their lives as ex-Muslims if they want. Let them do what they want. They have Allah to answer to, not me or anyone else.
:yacadiim:

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
Our religion and arab culture should be separated. Firstly, the arab slave trade and zanj was an arab problem not a Muslim problem. Islam does not permit slavery in the way the zanj did nor is slavery done on the basis of race.

Secondly, we aren’t forced to dress arab. Allah tells you what your awrah is, it’s your responsibility to cover it up the way you want to. Who’s forcing you to wear jilbab and Khamees?

Thirdly, I do believe some non Arab Muslims suffer from an inferiority complex but it’s because they weren’t taught Islamic history. People that are important to the deen such as Bhukari and Muslim were Turkic, Salahuddin who defeated the crusaders and restored Islam into Jerusalem was Kurdish. The moors who expanded the Islamic empire to Spain were black. The sahabah, Salman al Farsi, who’s ideas in war allowed Muslims to win battles was Persian.

Islam and Arab are very separate. I know many people try intertwine them together but if you learn your deen properly, you would notice they are separable.

Anyways, may allah guide all of us. Ameen

i have a feeling you never watched the video..

either way the arab slave trade and in genetral terms slavery, was mentioned in islam (That which you right hand owns....) especially sex slavery.

we are told to speak arabic because it is the language of Allah when Other parts of our religion says that Allah is multi-lingual.Very contradicting...

There are many aspects of arab colonialism in islam.The hijab,kemis etc.. are all arab.I am not to judge what people wear but why would our religion dictate what people should wear?

That sounds like colonialism to me...

in general terms Islam today unlike the islam of the past is heavily influenced by saudi petro-dollars many leaders saw through this and executed any form of salafism from their land (Siad Barre).

If we look at somalis today we can say our culture and language is hanging by a thread...

Any uneducted poor somali nomad can be taken to a salafi mosque and made an extremist but very few nomads are taken and turned into productive memebers of society.

This is a crisis that started in 2010 we need to tackle it.

Also i fully believ if we dont reform our religion in the next few decades many cultures and also many muslims will be lost many will enter and many will leave.

Thats the reality. I know it's hard but we have to adapt.

i have a feeling you never watched the video..

either way the arab slave trade and in genetral terms slavery, was mentioned in islam (That which you right hand owns....) especially sex slavery.

we are told to speak arabic because it is the language of Allah when Other parts of our religion says that Allah is multi-lingual.Very contradicting...

There are many aspects of arab colonialism in islam.The hijab,kemis etc.. are all arab.I am not to judge what people wear but why would our religion dictate what people should wear?

That sounds like colonialism to me...

in general terms Islam today unlike the islam of the past is heavily influenced by saudi petro-dollars many leaders saw through this and executed any form of salafism from their land (Siad Barre).

If we look at somalis today we can say our culture and language is hanging by a thread...

Any uneducted poor somali nomad can be taken to a salafi mosque and made an extremist but very few nomads are taken and turned into productive memebers of society.

This is a crisis that started in 2010 we need to tackle it.

Also i fully believ if we dont reform our religion in the next few decades many cultures and also many muslims will be lost many will enter and many will leave.

Thats the reality. I know it's hard but we have to adapt.
Yes I didn't watch the video that's why I told you to summarize it first of all if you read my post I didn't say anything about the Arab slave trade being mentioned in the Quran I said that it was something that was done before Islam and that Islam reduced by making it freeing a slave one of the things you do if you since.
Where does it say in the Quran to speak Arabic yes we read the Quran in Arabic because it came in Arabic the Quran is a miracle in Arabic literature and translating it will mean the loss of something also it prevents the Quran from being altered
Coming to your third topic the khamis is never said to be worn nor is it an official attire regarding the hijab the Quran says to cover the awra of a women it's not something Arab based because many cultures throughout the years wore something like.
Coming to your last point Islam of today is influenced by Saudis this is true we agree on that.
Also many people don't understand what slafism means they demonize the word so nice that it became an insult salfi means one who follows the salaf also salah people who came after the sahaba I've been to countless salafi mosques and guess what I did not become an Isis member with bombs in my hands I bet you went to a salafi mosque too without knowing it.
May Allah guide us through these rough times

Our religion and arab culture should be separated. Firstly, the arab slave trade and zanj was an arab problem not a Muslim problem. Islam does not permit slavery in the way the zanj did nor is slavery done on the basis of race.

Secondly, we aren’t forced to dress arab. Allah tells you what your awrah is, it’s your responsibility to cover it up the way you want to. Who’s forcing you to wear jilbab and Khamees?

Thirdly, I do believe some non Arab Muslims suffer from an inferiority complex but it’s because they weren’t taught Islamic history. People that are important to the deen such as Bhukari and Muslim were Turkic, Salahuddin who defeated the crusaders and restored Islam into Jerusalem was Kurdish. The moors who expanded the Islamic empire to Spain were black. The sahabah, Salman al Farsi, who’s ideas in war allowed Muslims to win battles was Persian.

Islam and Arab are very separate. I know many people try intertwine them together but if you learn your deen properly, you would notice they are separable.

Anyways, may allah guide all of us. Ameen
I didn't see your post but you said exactly what is on my mind may Allah guide us through these rough times

Yes I didn't watch the video that's why I told you to summarize it first of all if you read my post I didn't say anything about the Arab slave trade being mentioned in the Quran I said that it was something that was done before Islam and that Islam reduced by making it freeing a slave one of the things you do if you since.
Where does it say in the Quran to speak Arabic yes we read the Quran in Arabic because it came in Arabic the Quran is a miracle in Arabic literature and translating it will mean the loss of something also it prevents the Quran from being altered
Coming to your third topic the khamis is never said to be worn nor is it an official attire regarding the hijab the Quran says to cover the awra of a women it's not something Arab based because many cultures throughout the years wore something like.
Coming to your last point Islam of today is influenced by Saudis this is true we agree on that.
Also many people don't understand what slafism means they demonize the word so nice that it became an insult salfi means one who follows the salaf also salah people who came after the sahaba I've been to countless salafi mosques and guess what I did not become an Isis member with bombs in my hands I bet you went to a salafi mosque too without knowing it.
May Allah guide us through these rough times

first of all, a religion cannot be a perfect religion if it has elements of slavery in it...
That is totally unacceptable. slavery is slavery no need to sugar coat it.

Many countless hadiths say that we should study and learn arabic.The religion itself was written in arabic this makes it hard for people to fully understand it. And the people there to explain it to them are mostly in today's world wahabbis.

Another point is, why Should non-arab muslim women be made to wear arab-clothing. If the quran says that women should cover their caura why is it a must to wear hijab?

On the topic of arab imperialsm why is a person who wears a khamis a big beard a cumaamad considered "holy" while a person with tradition clothes or even shirt and jeans is not?

That makes every non-arab culture have inferiority complexes doesnt it..

I dont care what that word (salafism) means all i know is that the group of sheikhs and muftis behind it should be imprisoned for showing the world the extreme side of our religion.

We either adapt or our numbers rise then dwindle.

first of all, a religion cannot be a perfect religion if it has elements of slavery in it...

Many countless hadiths say that we should study and learn arabic.The religion itself was written in arabic this makes it hard for people to fully understand it. And the people there to explain it to them are mostly in today's world wahabbis.

Another point is, why Should non-arab muslim women be made to wear arab-clothing. If the quran says that women should cover their caura why is it a must to wear hijab?

On the topic of arab imperialsm why is a person who wears a khamis a big beard a cumaamad considered "holy" while a person with tradition clothes or even shirt and jeans is not?

I dont care what that word (salafism) means all i know is that the group of sheikhs and muftis behind it should be imprisoned for showing the world the extreme side of our religion.

You seem to confuse Arab culture for Islam sxb may Allah guide you everyone gets doubts in their religion. May Allah guide us both

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
You seem to confuse Arab culture for Islam sxb may Allah guide you everyone gets doubts in their religion. May Allah guide us both
Al shabab attack parties and weddings in Somalia now.

I seen picture of my dad and and his family and family back in the day. No one really covered up. Both my dad and uncle talked about going to discos and etc. it honestly sounded lit.!

All the civil war did was just make everyone religous. Thousands died. Which made people want to become more religous.

Somalia isn’t the same as it was before. I realized all this when one Dude I saw on twitter “Alhamdulillah the civil war happened in Somalia we are like 90%+ muslim because of it” it bothered me cause a lot of people died man. Thousands of people shouldn’t die for people to consider becoming practing.

Music is haram as well. People still play it at weddings though. Most of the Somali muscians I see are brave as. Hell. They are performing music in a country where the sheikhs openly bash them and they also have to deal with the constant fact that they can get killed by al shabab.

Seeing videos of the younger men and women back home are intersting.! They are just like us but just live in a different country. Only thing different is that they have the fear of ending up as a casualty of a terrorist attack.

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP

You seem to confuse slavery in the west with what Islam permits. Firstly, the zanj that happened on the east coast of Africa was haram. That type of slavery isn’t allowed. The slavery Islam permitts is that yes, a man does become the property of another. However they have certain rights upon you.

Those slaves can free themselves, they have to be fed, clothed well and ensured safety. Slaves are allowed to be put into the position of power. Many slave owners married their daughters to their slaves. What could be a better honour? There’s even historical accounts of slaves becoming generals and ending up as the king of nations.

Also, a person who owns a slave will be judge on yawmul qiyamah, they have more responsibility than the average person. The chattel slavery trade that happened in America and the slave Islam allows are very different.

And when it comes to learning Arabic. Arabic is encourage since you’ll understand the Quran. The Quran being written in Arabic doesn’t necessarily mean anything, traditional Arabic is one of the richest languages of the world. However, the Arabic spoken today isn’t the same, therefore there is no need to learn Arabic.

Also, Allah tell you to cover up your awrah, you can do this by any means possible, as long you do cover it up.

When you talk about arab supremacy, I think you’re referring to Muslims more than Islam. Yes, many Muslims do suffer from Arab supremacy however Islam does not permit this. There’s a Hadith that clearly states an Arab is not superior to a non Arab nor is a non Arab superior to an Arab, except in term of piety.

Muslims have corrupted themselves into Arab this Arab that, but Islam isn’t like this. If you learn about your deen, you would see many things Muslims do isn’t Islamic but cultural.

Salafism and Wahhabism and all these isms don’t mean anything. The salaf were the best generations of the ummah and you should aspire to be like them. Wahhabism are followes of Mohamed Ibn Abdul Waham. why don’t you open your mind and read his books before judging the ideology?

Anyways, I am not a ‘wahhabi’ nor a ‘salafi’ because that comes with other meanings as well. But I do try and aspire to be like the salaf and I try to avoid bidah.

Lastly, what does extremism mean? Allah clearly states it is forbidden to kill innocent civilians, force convert people and you should follow the law of the land you live in as long as you have religious freedom. Therefore, extremism in essence doesn’t exist, you’re either following Islam correctly, or you’re not.

May Allah guide all of us. Ameen.

You seem to confuse slavery in the west with what Islam permits. Firstly, the zanj that happened on the east coast of Africa was haram. That type of slavery isn’t allowed. The slavery Islam permitts is that yes, a man does become the property of another. However they have certain rights upon you.

Those slaves can free themselves, they have to be fed, clothed well and ensured safety. Slaves are allowed to be put into the position of power. Many slave owners married their daughters to their slaves. What could be a better honour? There’s even historical accounts of slaves becoming generals and ending up as the king of nations.

Also, a person who owns a slave will be judge on yawmul qiyamah, they have more responsibility than the average person. The chattel slavery trade that happened in America and the slave Islam allows are very different.

And when it comes to learning Arabic. Arabic is encourage since you’ll understand the Quran. The Quran being written in Arabic doesn’t necessarily mean anything, traditional Arabic is one of the richest languages of the world. However, the Arabic spoken today isn’t the same, therefore there is no need to learn Arabic.

Also, Allah tell you to cover up your awrah, you can do this by any means possible, as long you do cover it up.

When you talk about arab supremacy, I think you’re referring to Muslims more than Islam. Yes, many Muslims do suffer from Arab supremacy however Islam does not permit this. There’s a Hadith that clearly states an Arab is not superior to a non Arab nor is a non Arab superior to an Arab, except in term of piety.

Muslims have corrupted themselves into Arab this Arab that, but Islam isn’t like this. If you learn about your deen, you would see many things Muslims do isn’t Islamic but cultural.

Salafism and Wahhabism and all these isms don’t mean anything. The salaf were the best generations of the ummah and you should aspire to be like them. Wahhabism are followes of Mohamed Ibn Abdul Waham. why don’t you open your mind and read his books before judging the ideology?

Anyways, I am not a ‘wahhabi’ nor a ‘salafi’ because that comes with other meanings as well. But I do try and aspire to be like the salaf and I try to avoid bidah.

Lastly, what does extremism mean? Allah clearly states it is forbidden to kill innocent civilians, force convert people and you should follow the law of the land you live in as long as you have religious freedom. Therefore, extremism in essence doesn’t exist, you’re either following Islam correctly, or you’re not.

May Allah guide all of us. Ameen.
What the actual fu...

why should a fully grown man own another fully grown man It makes no sense and is dehumanising.... that shit i have argued and fought with many akhi akhi dudes about. Slavery is slavery no matter what!

It seems you cherry pick hadiths lol....

There are countless hadiths that discuss these issues of slavery

hadiths

Narrated Al-Ma'rur: At Ar-Rabadha I met Abu Dhar who was wearing a cloak, and his slave, too, was wearing a similar one. I asked about the reason for it. He replied, "I abused a person by calling his mother with bad names." The Prophet said to me, 'O Abu Dhar! Did you abuse him by calling his mother with bad names You still have some characteristics of ignorance. Your slaves are your brothers and Allah has put them under your command. So whoever has a brother under his command should feed him of what he eats and dress him of what he wears. Do not ask them (slaves) to do things beyond their capacity (power) and if you do so, then help them.' "
Sahih Bukhari 1:2:29

Narrated Nafi: Ibn 'Umar said, "Allah's Apostle said, 'If one manumits his share of a jointly possessed slave, and can afford the price of the other shares according to the adequate price of the slave, the slave will be completely manumitted; otherwise he will be partially manumitted.' " (Aiyub, a sub-narrator is not sure whether the saying " ... otherwise he will be partially manumitted" was said by Nafi' or the Prophet.)
Sahih Bukhari 3:44:671

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "There is no Zakat either on a horse or a slave belonging to a Muslim"
Sahih Bukhari 2:24:542

Narrated Abu Huraira : The Prophet said,"There is no Zakat either on a slave or on a horse belonging to a Muslim.
Sahih Bukhari 2:24:543

Narrated Ibn 'Umar: Allah's Apostle made it incumbent on all the slave or free Muslims, male or female, to pay one Sa' of dates or barley as Zakat-ul-Fitr.
Sahih Bukhari 2:25:580

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet prohibited the earnings of slave girls (through prostitution).
Sahih Bukhari 3:36:483

Abu Sa'id al-Khudri reported that at the Battle of Hunain Allah's Messenger sent an army to Autas and encountered the enemy and fought with them. Having overcome them and taken them captives, the Companions of Allah's Messenger seemed to refrain from having intercourse with captive women because of their husbands being polytheists. Then Allah, Most High, sent down regarding that:" And women already married, except those whom your right hands possess (Quran 4:. 24)" (i. e. they were lawful for them when their 'Idda period came to an end).
Sahih Muslim 8:3432

Jabir (Allah be pleased with him) reported that a man came to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and said: I have a slave-girl who is our servant and she carries water for us and I have intercourse with her, but I do not want her to conceive. He said: Practise 'azl, if you so like, but what is decreed for her will come to her. The person stayed back (for some time) and then came and said: The girl has become pregnant, whereupon he said: I told you what was decreed for her would come to her.
Sahih Muslim 8:3383

and many many more.............

quranic verses

According to the following two verses, Allah suggests that, according to Islam, slavery is in fact humanity's natural state......

Allah sets forth the Parable (of two men: one) a slave under the dominion of another; He has no power of any sort; and (the other) a man on whom We have bestowed goodly favors from Ourselves, and he spends thereof (freely), privately and publicly: are the two equal? (By no means praise be to Allah. But most of them understand not.
Qur'an 16:75

And Allah hath favored some of you above others in provision. Now those who are more favored will by no means hand over their provision to those (slaves) whom their right hands possess, so that they may be equal with them in respect thereof. Is it then the grace of Allah that they deny?
Qur'an 16:71

the folloing four ayas tho, talk about sex slavery....

Prohibited to you (For marriage) are:- Your mothers, daughters, sisters; father's sisters, Mother's sisters; brother's daughters, sister's daughters; foster-mothers (Who gave you suck), foster-sisters; your wives' mothers; your step-daughters under your guardianship, born of your wives to whom ye have gone in,- no prohibition if ye have not gone in;- (Those who have been) wives of your sons proceeding from your loins; and two sisters in wedlock at one and the same time, except for what is past; for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful;-Also (prohibited are) women already married, except those whom your right hands possess: Thus hath Allah ordained (Prohibitions) against you: Except for these, all others are lawful, provided ye seek (them in marriage) with gifts from your property,- desiring chastity, not lust, seeing that ye derive benefit from them, give them their dowers (at least) as prescribed; but if, after a dower is prescribed, agree Mutually (to vary it), there is no blame on you, and Allah is All-knowing, All-wise.
Qur'an 4:23-24

Successful indeed are the believers Who are humble in their prayers, And who shun vain conversation, And who are payers of the poor-due; And who guard their modesty - Save from their wives or the (slaves) that their right hands possess, for then they are not blameworthy
Qur'an 23:1-6

O Prophet! Lo! We have made lawful unto thee thy wives unto whom thou hast paid their dowries, and those whom thy right hand possesseth of those whom Allah hath given thee as spoils of war, and the daughters of thine uncle on the father's side and the daughters of thine aunts on the father's side, and the daughters of thine uncle on the mother's side and the daughters of thine aunts on the mother's side who emigrated with thee, and a believing woman if she give herself unto the Prophet and the Prophet desire to ask her in marriage - a privilege for thee only, not for the (rest of) believers - We are Aware of that which We enjoined upon them concerning their wives and those whom their right hands possess - that thou mayst be free from blame, for Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.
Qur'an 33:50

And those who guard their chastity, Except with their wives and the (captives) whom their right hands possess,- for (then) they are not to be blamed,
Qur'an 70:29-30

Slave masters can also decide and dictate who their slaves shall marry.......

And marry such of you as are solitary and the pious of your slaves and maid-servants. If they be poor, Allah will enrich them of His bounty. Allah is of ample means, Aware.
Qur'an 24:32

As you can see islam is not necessarily a very tolerant religion is it...

All these stuff must be removed for this religion to keep existing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending