Inside China's first care center for patients in a vegetative state

What is next for China? Will China soon be unveiling... a time machine?

Who would really be surprised if China develops a time machine and beats the US in the time machine race? What would you do with a time machine?

Who would really be surprised if China develops a time machine and beats the US in the time machine race? What would you do with a time machine?

I read the article and this facility is the norm in many countries where patients in vegetative state are taken care of until they die. There is the option of home care where family members take care of their relative and a nurse visits the home daily or as needed in America. My cousin took care of her mother like that for over two years. Medication were administered by the family and in case of an emergency, ambulance used to show up for the critical care.

Why was this facility so surprising to you? It is the norm. This doctor made it cheaper for families to pay for the service, a commendable action on his part.

The math based theories for time travel do exist but under-taking such journey in real life is impossible by the same mathematics for a human being. The reasoning for the impossibility goes like this:

"Any object traveling at the speed of light gains an infinite mass with a length of zero". It says the faster you travel, the heavier you get and your length will shrink to zero. Hence, the impossibility of the dream. This only if building time travel machines becomes possible at all in the first place.

I read the article and this facility is the norm in many countries where patients in vegetative state are taken care of until they die. There is the option of home care where family members take care of their relative and a nurse visits the home daily or as needed in America. My cousin took care of her mother like that for over two years. Medication were administered by the family and in case of an emergency, ambulance used to show up for the critical care.

Why was this facility so surprising to you? It is the norm. This doctor made it cheaper for families to pay for the service, a commendable action on his part.

I'm not a healthcare expert but I think China must have way better healthcare than the US. One thing that Communists are good about is healthcare. I knew an anti-Castro Cuban and he was so anti-Fidel until he had to go to the hospital. I was there when he couldn't breathe and had to go to the hospital. When he got back he was upset at how he was treated and he was complaining that he was treated better in Cuba.

The math based theories for time travel do exist but under-taking such journey in real life is impossible by the same mathematics for a human being. The reasoning for the impossibility goes like this:

"Any object traveling at the speed of light gains an infinite mass with a length of zero". It says the faster you travel, the heavier you get and your length will shrink to zero. Hence, the impossibility of the dream. This only if building time travel machines becomes possible at all in the first place.

I don't understand math or science but I know China has very smart people and I wouldn't be surprised if they end up developing a time machine.

The thing is that you have to be very careful with a time machine. I want to go back in time and marry either mid-90's Lauryn Hill or mid-90's Brandy. But the thing is... even if you go into back into time and marry a mid-90's r@b singer, you might accidentally alter the course of history and cause chaos. For Lauryn Hill or Brandy, I think it's worth it but a time machine can be very dangerous in the wrong hands.

I don't believe the science stuff that says time machines are impossible. I'm sure a lot of our technology today would have sounded impossible in the past. There may be theological arguments against it, though. Would Allah really allow us to build time machines and alter the course of history? I'm not sure.

I'm not a healthcare expert but I think China must have way better healthcare than the US. One thing that Communists are good about is healthcare. I knew an anti-Castro Cuban and he was so anti-Fidel until he had to go to the hospital. I was there when he couldn't breathe and had to go to the hospital. When he got back he was upset at how he was treated and he was complaining that he was treated better in Cuba.

It is not about communism but cultural. European countries are more or less democratic and like the US but view healthcare and education as a citizen's right. By contrast, most Americans think none of the two issues are a citizen's right. That is why public healthcare draws little support and public education gets less funding every year.

I don't understand math or science but I know China has very smart people and I wouldn't be surprised if they end up developing a time machine.

The thing is that you have to be very careful with a time machine. I want to go back in time and marry either mid-90's Lauryn Hill or mid-90's Brandy. But the thing is... even if you go into back into time and marry a mid-90's r@b singer, you might accidentally alter the course of history and cause chaos. For Lauryn Hill or Brandy, I think it's worth it but a time machine can be very dangerous in the wrong hands.

I don't believe the science stuff that says time machines are impossible. I'm sure a lot of our technology today would have sounded impossible in the past. There may be theological arguments against it, though. Would Allah really allow us to build time machines and alter the course of history? I'm not sure.

You are an opotimist when it comes to the power of human technology. There are limitations inherent in nature and anything extracted from this nature will have these inherent limitations in them as well. Man who is the poroduct of nature and the machines he creates will both have to contend with their limitations. If people are to undertake reality bending efforts, like time travel, both them and their machines will have to be superior than they are today and be free from their natural imperfections. That is what Science is telling us when it presents the challenges and affirms the possible.

There are pros and cons to everything.

You affirm that one can not change their fate even when given the opportunity to travel back in time and change the past so their present would look different?

Something I just remembered in writing this post is how the Quran mentions seven earths and heavens. So in a fun twist, Quran supports the existence of similar universes to ours today.

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
You affirm that one can not change their fate even when given the opportunity to travel back in time and change the past so their present would look different?

Something I just remembered in writing this post is how the Quran mentions seven earths and heavens. So in a fun twist, Quran supports the existence of similar universes to ours today.
Wait what there is another planets where u can live?

Why would I affirm that? I think it would be weird for me to do that. Quran and Sunnah as far as I know don't talk about time travel. Also, I previously said that time traveling can alter the course of history.

My point as far as theology was that maybe Allah would not allow us to time travel and would not allow us to tamper with the course of history like that. Time travel would open the door to a kind of chaos that we can't fathom. The past changing every five minutes.... it would not be good.

If there are people from the future who visit our period or other periods via time travel- I would think that time travel would have to be extremely regulated. For example, I am sure that I would not receive official clearance to go back and marry a 90's r@b singer.

But then is there the possibility that there would be rebels who engage in unauthorized time travel.

For example, it may be that @Basra is an unauthorized time traveler from the future, who is here to tamper with the past (our present) and pursue her own nefarious aims.

I don't think we can rule out the possibility of time travelers among us.

However, there are, of course, laws of physics and such. Where did those laws come from? From Allah- Allah determined those laws. Therefore, Allah could have determined the laws of physics to make time travel impossible in order to prevent us from causing chaos.

You are an opotimist when it comes to the power of human technology. There are limitations inherent in nature and anything extracted from this nature will have these inherent limitations in them as well. Man who is the poroduct of nature and the machines he creates will both have to contend with their limitations. If people are to undertake reality bending efforts, like time travel, both them and their machines will have to be superior than they are today and be free from their natural imperfections. That is what Science is telling us when it presents the challenges and affirms the possible.

There are pros and cons to everything.

I feel like someone from earlier times might have said something like this if we told them about television.

Can you imagine if we time traveled to the past and told Al-Ghazali about the IPhone? He would possibly think we are crazy and that we are talking to him about something to do with witchcraft. If we told people of that era about things like internet, television they might think we're crazy or have us executed on charges of sorcery. At least Muslims would be humane about it. The Christians might grab us and burn us at the stake.

Time machines are impossible, you may be able to shorten space allowing you to cover more distance in a shorter amount of time, but not time travel.

They will beat us to super soldiers tho

I feel like someone from earlier times might have said something like this if we told them about television.

Can you imagine if we time traveled to the past and told Al-Ghazali about the IPhone? He would possibly think we are crazy and that we are talking to him about something to do with witchcraft. If we told people of that era about things like internet, television they might think we're crazy or have us executed on charges of sorcery. At least Muslims would be humane about it. The Christians might grab us and burn us at the stake.

You are right. People's imagination are limited by the knowledge existent in their era. With that said, we live in the most scientifically advanced time in human history and we would not be too shocked about new discoveries by science. Understanding the concepts may be difficult but we wouldn't be as shocked as past generations.

Time machines are impossible, you may be able to shorten space allowing you to cover more distance in a shorter amount of time, but not time travel.

They will beat us to super soldiers tho

They divide time travel into two. One is possible and the current physics knowhow says nothing about it being an impossibility, the other is not doable. First one is to travel currently at the speed of light and head to certain galaxy of a known distance. An example would be to travel to the center of our own Galaxy. By the time the space traveler returns, according to the theory of relativity and time dilation, the round trip would be 40 years on the ship while those who remained on earth would have counted 60,000 years. So basically, what physics says today in terms of time travel possibiulity is you can travel now and return later in a different era than you have left still living the current human life span. For you the traveler, time would have been slowed on the spaceship. On earth time would continue normal and people would count more years than you did on your spaceship. You would be aging normal but not experience the fast rate of aging as the earthtlings you left behind woould have experienced.

The one that is difficult to even theorize is travel back in time.

Trending