Insecure Young Somali Girl Begs Black Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomaliSteel

No dictator can imprison a population forever.

Disclaimer: I consider myself black and I don't believe in the myth that Somalis are actually Arab. When I say black I just mean the Africans that were in America for generations, unlike me where I'm a first generation Somali with immigrant parents.

Some background. I'm an 18 year old Somali female who was born and raised in America. I don't wear the hijab but I am Muslim but am not one of the best, I'm more of a cafeteria Muslim. I have never dated but I will. I am too embarrassed to ask any of my black friends but do you guys find East African girls unattractive? I am ashamed to say I have spent quite some time today searching stuff online but came across stuff saying 'why black guys like white girls' and 'why black guys won't date black women'. This is very different from the assumptions I had because the guys at my school seem to dig the black girls. They constantly flirt with the extroverted black girls, and I'm a bit more introverted so I feel like guys will never give me the time of the day and they don't. Okay they do, and I have some friends and many acquantices the are black guys. We hang out just fine but they don't seem to see me as someone to date and none of them have said to me they like me. I am friendzoned. Every. Single. Time.

I feel like they look for and want actual 'black girls' (don't ask me which group that is, I found out in 5th grade that apparently I'm not really black and African American from them themselves), the ones that will plop down on their lap in class spontaneously when they're not even dating, the lives of the party.

Am I fetishizing black men? No, its just that all my hardcore crushes (4) were black, African American, descendants of the kidnapped Africans centuries ago, descendants of the slaves, whatever. Only one was Somali.

I still remember 6th grade. We were 12. It was a cold morning in homeroom class. We divided into groups for discussion and sat next to an open window. My teeth were chattering and I couldn't even say anything. The boy sitting next to me turned and looked at me. "Are you cold?", he said. I nodded mutely. He got up and pulled the window down, struggled a bit but finally closed it. He sat back down and turned to me again. "Is it okay now?" I nodded again. But my heart was fluttering and I was in full crush mode. And that people is how I developed my first crush.

I don't even know why I mentioned that. So can you please answer the question very honestly? Be brutal.

Edit: I also wanted to add, I don't think I'm ugly, I actually think I'm good looking. Many of my friends (girls) tell me I'm pretty. I played tennis, varsity the past 3 years. I also love running and hiking, so I'm fit. My hair is also soft, like really soft for an African, and past my shoulders. Hey that's what society is into so I'm mentioning it. I also like taking care if myself but I don't where makeup alot, only on rare festivities. It takes a too much time and effort to learn, and I lot of times of looking horrible to get it right, and I also had allergies as a child so I'm wary of chemicals. So only lip stick/gloss and kohl eye liner. I may look very plain looking. Oh I'm also not flat chested. I just became concerned because I graduated highschool and after trying to become close with all my crushes not one confessed that they like me too. Pray for me college is different.

:damedamn: sad state

Good for her. I hope she finds an educated, responsible professional black man who will treat her right. If he happens to be Somali, great, but if she wants to date another member of the black race, also great.
Given the misogyny, laziness, and entitlement attitude of many scrawny faraxs, I'm not surprised that many Somali girls are seeking to date out! If you feel at all threatened by this girl's post, YOU are part of the problem.

ladies, come see me in my inbox as a reward for this viewpoint :lolbron:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
She sounds meek and timid but relatively kind hearted even if she's a lil conceited. Some people are a product of their environment and sadly can't view their ethnic group as positively as others.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
This is kind of cringy.

I'm not not really one to care about what sort of preferences someone has, but to go on a black subreddit and beg for their approval :tacky:

There are enough black muslims. if she's into blacks anyway. Btw I find it really odd there are so many cadaan bootyclappers here, seeing other blacks as inferior. Have you all looked in the mirror.

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
Why do some of these Reer US Somali girls want "adoon acceptance" so badly abayo?

Honestly I'm not really familiar wih stuff like this amongst the Somali girls I know, though to be fair it's just not something I discuss with them really. This girl in particular just seems to be confused if anything. Hard to believe she's actually 18, sounds younger than that.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I try to be liberal and progressive but Somali females and their stupid embarrassing internet antics keeps pushing me to be a right-wing reactionary.

Darth @Amun, I think I'm falling to the darkside. The dark side of the force is irresistible.:ileycry:

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
I try to be liberal and progressive but Somali females and their stupid embarrassing internet antics keeps pushing me to be a right-wing reactionary.

Darth @Amun, I think I'm falling to the darkside. The dark side of the force is irresistible.:ileycry:
It's best to remember that this stuff is mainly online, if you were to judge the Somali community on that standard, then by that logic the amount of atheist and LGBT Somalis would be a lot bigger than what it really is.
The girl sounds confused is all, though it would've been better for her to speak to someone close to her than to project her issues on a website like Reddit.

It's best to remember that this stuff is mainly online, if you were to judge the Somali community on that standard, then by that logic the amount of atheist and LGBT Somalis would be a lot bigger than what it really is.
The girl sounds confused is all, though it would've been better for her to speak to someone close to her than to project her issues on a website like Reddit.

Why can't they take their "confusion" to a psychiatrist, like regular people? Why must they proliferate their cringe-inducing garbage all over the internet. Xabashis outnumber us 10:1, yet you will never see them embarrass themselves online.:ileycry:

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
Why can't they take their "confusion" to a psychiatrist, like regular people? Why must they proliferate their cringe-inducing garbage all over the internet. Xabashis outnumber us 10:1, yet you will never see them embarrass themselves online.:ileycry:
Psychiatrists are expensive and they deal with much more pressing issues than this. I imagine a Somali parent would not take kindly to their daughter asking to see one given the stigma that surrounds psychiatrists and, of course, mental illnesses, not to mention how her parents might react to her expressing romantic interest with non-Somali people. Like I said, she's young, confused, and her problem is not really something I've heard happening to Somali girls I know in real life.

So she fell in love with black guys cause a nigga asked her if she was cold and closed the window for her in a cold classroom? :damedamn:

Walee waa yaab.
You'll be surprised what it takes to get little girls to fall in "love". When I was 13-14yrs old this one kid used to call me a fob,loner etc.. and that made me like him for 3yrs straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts