Inquisitive soo gal

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Inquisitive_
Brother ive been struggling with shoulder joint pains for years, it comes and goes, some times i even struggle to raise my arms. Ive been to the doctor on many occasions, the best advice them clueless doctors gave me was to sleep with an extra pillow.
I would really appreciate it if you could give me some advice , if you have any knowledge on this subject.
Jazakallah kheir.

Is that user a doctor? I can only give you the classic somali advice to put xabad sowd and vicks if you haven't already :gaasdrink:

Did you ever visit a chiropractor to diagnose this? which is the first thing I would have done if the normal sunnah treatments didn't work especially cupping, black seed oil rub and ruling out any new changes I have introduced.

You haven't given me much details, did this begin as a result of an injury you sustained before? or did this happen all of a sudden?

I suspect because the quacks spoke about pillows it's something you experience during/after or is made worse by sleep pointing to pinched nerve/rotator cuff rather then an issue with your joints. Did you change your mattress? bed? pillow etc prior this?

I foolishly one-time bought one of those hard "memory foam" mattresses I spent a lot of money on after decades of sleeping on very old cheap soft mattresses my body was used to, suddenly after a few weeks I began to slowly loose feelings in both my hand (everything below the elbows) this was happening very slowly (hence couldn't make the connection at first)

I was unable to even type on a keyboard, the description pointed to a possible damage to the ulnar nerve, I suspected the mattress and slept on the couch, each day I was getting slowly better and my strength in the arm returned. (had I not acted this quick, this damage would have been worse and taken many months to fix using therapy)

This is a very common problem people suffer from (shoulder, neck, elbows) with certain types of mattresses/pillow or beds that were newly introduced.

Is it just one shoulder? what's your sleeping position? what type of mattresses you sleep on? this sounds like a rotator cuff injury or pinched nerve from the little details you provided sxb

Did you ever visit a chiropractor to diagnose this? which is the first thing I would have done if the normal sunnah treatments didn't work especially cupping, black seed oil rub and ruling out any new changes I have introduced.

You haven't given me much details, did this begin as a result of an injury you sustained before? or did this happen all of a sudden?

I suspect because the quacks spoke about pillows it's something you experience during/after or is made worse by sleep pointing to pinched nerve/rotator cuff rather then an issue with your joints. Did you change your mattress? bed? pillow etc prior this?

I foolishly one-time bought one of those hard "memory foam" mattresses I spent a lot of money on after decades of sleeping on very old cheap soft mattresses my body was used to, suddenly after a few weeks I began to slowly loose feelings in both my hand (everything below the elbows) this was happening very slowly (hence couldn't make the connection at first)

I was unable to even type on a keyboard, the description pointed to a possible damage to the ulnar nerve, I suspected the mattress and slept on the couch, each day I was getting slowly better and my strength in the arm returned. (had I not acted this quick, this damage would have been worse and taken many months to fix using therapy)

This is a very common problem people suffer from (shoulder, neck, elbows) with certain types of mattresses/pillow or beds that were newly introduced.

Is it just one shoulder? what's your sleeping position? what type of mattresses you sleep on? this sounds like a rotator cuff injury or pinched nerve from the little details you provided sxb

Thanks for the response sxb.
This problem has affected me from my early teens up to now [nearly a decade]. It didnt happen as a result from an injury, it happened out of the blue. As you can imagine sxb ive slept on different beds and used different pillows during this time but the problem still persists. This problem affects both my shoulders and is at its worst when i first wake up.
Lastly walaal it can affect me for a month straight, but then disapear for many months on end only to make a return again.

During the times when im free from pain i can lift heavy in the gym with no problems, But when the problem returns it forces me to quit training. I thought it may have been caused by lifting weights but the problem first arose before i ever entered a gym, and also during the many years where i would never enter a gym.

Thanks 4 the adivice walaal.

Also bro i sleep on either on my shoulders or on my back. When i do sleep on my back i often place my arms above my head or across my face.
Kind of like the first guy in this picture

shutterstock_405531316.jpg

Thanks for the response sxb.
This problem has affected me from my early teens up to now [nearly a decade]. It didnt happen as a result from an injury, it happened out of the blue. As you can imagine sxb ive slept on different beds and used different pillows during this time but the problem still persists. This problem affects both my shoulders and is at its worst when i first wake up.
Lastly walaal it can affect me for a month straight, but then disapear for many months on end only to make a return again.

During the times when im free from pain i can lift heavy in the gym with no problems, But when the problem returns it forces me to quit training. I thought it may have been caused by lifting weights but the problem first arose before i ever entered a gym, and also during the many years where i would never enter a gym.

Thanks 4 the adivice walaal.

Is there any lifting involved in your job ? is the pain equal in both? do you sleep on your sides? is the pain equal? do you feel weakness in the shoulder along with pain?

I would suggest you get rid of any memory foam mattress or any mattress that is "hard" including pillow or those were you can feel the coil and go for the ultra soft ones, this sounds like a pinched nerve, especially if the pain/weakness is equal on both.

When I had my memory foam mattress it took a whole month or 2 for the symptoms to show up initially, and it took almost as long for it to disappear, I used to belief it was gym as well, then suspected the pillow first, then mattress.

This is definitely nerve, mattress, pillow, sleep, posture related. have you tried cupping the shoulder ?

Also bro i sleep on either on my shoulders or on my back. When i do sleep on my back i often place my arms above my head or across my face.
Kind of like the first guy in this picture

View attachment 38122

These are all terrible sleeping positions especially for your shoulders damn, I did not think it was that bad! the sunnah is to sleep on your right side with your hand under your cheek.

5b20ac7783d644fa9a938d33be95c940.jpg

Bro theres no heavy lifting in my job, i do sleep on both sides and pain is usually the same on both sides although sometimes one is more painful than the other. My shoulders only feel week when the pain is present.

Ive never xone cupping in my life bro, do you think it will benefit the shoulder?

Also brother while i have your attention any advice on acne? I have slight acne on my back, even though my face is fully clear.
Thanks in advance walaal.

Bro theres no heavy lifting in my job, i do sleep on both sides and pain is usually the same on both sides although sometimes one is more painful than the other. My shoulders only feel week when the pain is present.

Ive never xone cupping in my life bro, do you think it will benefit the shoulder?

Also brother while i have your attention any advice on acne? I have slight acne on my back, even though my face is fully clear.
Thanks in advance walaal.

Cupping is a cure all bro mentioned in several hadith especially on the Prophet's night journey were the angels in each heaven he was descending from told him "tell your people to do cupping".

When the Prophet had a migraine he would cup himself on the head, I have had it done many times, even professional boxers like Anthony Jashua do it, there is nothing better.

This will help with your acne as well, I suspect the reason you have it on your back is because of poisons in the shower, we tend to let the water run on our back for a long time, hot water opens up these pores and all those 100 chemicals seep in and build up over time.

You best number 1 go to remedy sxb is always DUA, remember that.

Cupping is a cure all bro mentioned in several hadith especially on the Prophet's night journey were the angels in each heaven he was descending from told him "tell your people to do cupping".

When the Prophet had a migraine he would cup himself on the head, I have had it done many times, even professional boxers like Anthony Jashua do it, there is nothing better.

This will help with your acne as well, I suspect the reason you have it on your back is because of poisons in the shower, we tend to let the water run on our back for a long time, hot water opens up these pores and all those 100 chemicals seep in and build up over time.

You best number 1 go to remedy sxb is always DUA, remember that.

Thank you 4 your advice sxb i will do cupping insha allah it will cure me, as well as sleeping according to the sunnah.
I will keep you in my dua not only for this advice, but also 4 everything ive learnt from you on this site sxb.

War nin yohow siigada iska daa badan. Joint Lubricantska ayay dhamaysaa bahasha. Inquisitive isn't gonna tell you that secret. Just a thought.

If that was the case, 95% of the male population would be walking around with joint issues.

Thank you 4 your advice sxb i will do cupping insha allah it will cure me, as well as sleeping according to the sunnah.
I will keep you in my dua not only for this advice, but also 4 everything ive learnt from you on this site sxb.

thanks bro! appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts