Industrial Automation

Yusuf M

PuntExit
I'm in this field, and I haven't seen any Somali in it yet. I think this field could help industrialize Somalia in the future if more Somalis get involve in it.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
It will help every country with their manufacturing process but at the same time it will lead to job losses. What do you do with thousands of jobless Geeljires?

Last edited:

Yusuf M

PuntExit
What’s it about could you inform us please
Industrial Automation basically deals with the machines that does mass manufacturing of goods. For example, industrial robotic arms that does welding or programmable logic control (PLC), hydraulic press that stamps out panels for washing machines and other home appliances or automotive parts such as car doors, and process control that regulates and controls the flow of fluids and gases in a plant. I hope this helped answer your question.

Last edited:

Yusuf M

PuntExit
It will help every country with their manufacturing process but at the same time it will lead to job losses. What do you do with thousands of jobless Geeljires?
All the countries such as USA, Germany, China, S. Korea and Japan, that lost jobs through automation somehow managed to retrain their workforce to enter the rapidly evolving market.

Last edited:

Yusuf M

PuntExit
All the countries such as USA, Germany, China, S. Korea and Japan, that lost jobs through automation somehow managed to retrain its workforce to enter the rapidly evolving market.
Now I know Somalia doesn't have the capability to do what those nations I've named did. But I'm just explaining how in general you could over come losing menial laborers by retraining your workforce to acquire new skills to compete in the global market.

Last edited:

GemState

36/21
VIP
All the countries such as USA, Germany, China, S. Korea and Japan, that lost jobs through automation somehow managed to retrain their workforce to enter the rapidly evolving market.
I think you're being optimistic here, unlike the previous Industrial revolutions, you're combining AI alongside automation this time, which means that Human presence won't be needed even for a lot of skilled workers. I don't think even Western countries will cope with it well 10-15 years from now.

Advances in tech will help make manufacturing in Somalia a lot more efficient, however.

Trending

Latest posts