In the past 6 months, 11,000 people have been diagnosed with HIV/AIDS in Somalia

Manzana

𐒖 π’šπ’’π’˜π’‚π’—π’† 𐒖𐒒𐒆 π’ˆπ’‚π’‡π’™π’’π’Œ π’π’šπ’’π’‚. PIM.
11k cases of HIV in 6 months is a bit excessive for Somali. In 2021 for example, there were only 7700 cases in all of Somalia! The guy being interviewed should have stated his sources.

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
There is a lot of corruption in Somalia. Zina is becoming widespread.

I've heard stories that politicians / people who hold high positions in companies will exploit women who want employment. Most of these politicians will tell women they have to have a "private meeting" before they give them the job.

With all that going on + all the Amisom soldiers and xalane adding to this I'm not surprised by the rise of this disease. And all the other droughts etc going on. This can only be fixed when we stop this haram in our country .

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
11k cases of HIV in 6 months is a bit excessive for Somali. In 2021 for example, there were only 7700 cases in all of Somalia! The guy being interviewed should have stated his sources.

Are they seeking funds or these cases weren't discovered?

bidenkulaha

GalYare
They’ve recently begun testing for it. Likely not all new cases but given we have poor sexual health and increasing levels of sex before marriage the high number isn’t too surprising

Manzana

𐒖 π’šπ’’π’˜π’‚π’—π’† 𐒖𐒒𐒆 π’ˆπ’‚π’‡π’™π’’π’Œ π’π’šπ’’π’‚. PIM.
They are likely inflating the numbers of cases for funding purposes. These kind of numbers are usually seen in countries where HIV is prevalent not in places like conservative Somalia. Anyways, we should take with a grain of salt any numbers coming out of Mogadishu unless it's from reputable sources who can back up their claims.

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
HIV is not only spread through sex! Many times HIV can be spread through hospitals and dentists. Even 1st world America every year i read story about hospital and dentist that cut corners and exposes hundreds/thousands to HIV. Folks even from my family have gone to somali hospitals and gotten way worse and died shortly after visits. I have 0 trust in somali hospitals spend money for turkey or indian if possible. god knows what craziness goes on back home medical field wouldn't surprise me if tools not being properly sterilized and things not being thrown away to save few bucks. also good luck getting cause of death back home.

Trending

Latest posts