In order to tackle religious extremism, should Somalis adopt a national curriculum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could work for any country, but in relation to Somalis, should all madrassas and dugsis register with their local government and only teach what is approved by the ministry of religion?

This could potentially stop radicalisation because they will get their information from the true and reliable source, before they're corrupted?

This can work with regional administrations like Somaliland, Puntland and federal Somalia, along with more stable places like Jabuuti, and other Somali inhabited territories.

The approved curriculum will teach the right way of Islam, and should also promote anti-terrorism and all anti-shabab isis etc.

Do you think it'll work out?

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
This could work for any country, but in relation to Somalis, should all madrassas and dugsis register with their local government and only teach what is approved by the ministry of religion?

This could potentially stop radicalisation because they will get their information from the true and reliable source, before they're corrupted?

This can work with regional administrations like Somaliland, Puntland and federal Somalia, along with more stable places like Jabuuti, and other Somali inhabited territories.

The approved curriculum will teach the right way of Islam, and should also promote anti-terrorism and all anti-shabab isis etc.

Do you think it'll work out?

As much as I want more religious influence in Government policy but I'm afraid it would turn into a sectarian free for all with different factions making everything more chaotic.

If you create a ministerial office for religion then the religious faction that holds the ministry seat would have a lot of power and in turn could effect national politics through mosques and etc.

However there still needs to be a way to prevent madrassahs in grooming and recruiting terrorists. A national curriculum won't be followed and any politician that tries to enforce it would be called un-islamic by certain factions.

A better option would be to have a national database of all dugsiis, funding sources, staff, teachers and students and then use that database to correlate terrorism links.

As much as I want more religious influence in Government policy but I'm afraid it would turn into a sectarian free for all with different factions making everything more chaotic.

If you create a ministerial office for religion then the religious faction that holds the ministry seat would have a lot of power and in turn could effect national politics through mosques and etc.

However there still needs to be a way to prevent madrassahs in grooming and recruiting terrorists. A national curriculum won't be followed and any politician that tries to enforce it would be called un-islamic by certain factions.

A better option would be to have a national database of all dugsiis, funding sources, staff, teachers and students and then use that database to correlate terrorism links.

There is already a ministry for religious affairs in Somaliland. You're right, if there was a database of all schools then it would be easier for them to monitor what is taught.

On the issue of sectarianism, the ministry would obviously need to take into account information from all Somali sheikhs and specifically Shafi'i principles, and make sure there is no saudi money.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
On the issue of sectarianism, the ministry would obviously need to take into account information from all Somali sheikhs and specifically Shafi'i principles, and make sure there is no saudi money.

To be realistic; the government wouldn't care too consult any sheikhs and would most likely be guided by the factions with the biggest wallets (like the Saudis).

Madrassas shouldn't exist. They should be incorporated into the school system. This allows for a more direct control of what people are learning. It would encourage Sufism.

As for the mosques, they should also be government controlled with no guest speakers. Each new generation should be increasingly in favor of secularism.

Last edited:
Madrassas shouldn't exist. They should be incorporated into the school system. This allows for a more direct control of what people are learning. It would encourage Sufism.

As for the mosques, they should also be government controlled with no guest speakers. Each new generation should be increasingly in favor of secular.

The problem is that schools are not all free. Most madrassas are, and they're the ones that are usually done in a mosque or somewhere local. There is not a lot of money that goes into education in the SL budget, so that's why they're mostly private schools.

You're right about the mosques, but that'll be a bit more difficult, there are thousands of mosques if there are guest speakers, how will the gov know?

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP

As for the mosques, they should also be government controlled with no guest speakers. Each new generation should be increasingly in favor of secular.

This.

The problem is that schools are not all free. Most madrassas are, and they're the ones that are usually done in a mosque or somewhere local. There is not a lot of money that goes into education in the SL budget, so that's why they're mostly private schools.
Private schools should be closely monitored and shut down if the government disapproves.
You're right about the mosques, but that'll be a bit more difficult, there are thousands of mosques if there are guest speakers, how will the gov know?
There should a cap on how many masjids there are in x area.

limit on masajid kulaha, you think we can't see through your atheists agenda?

this is the reason why they planted AS in the first place to make Islam look bad and use it as a tool of control. If it were really about Islamic extremism why is it they only target Muslims? why is it they only destroy schools, hospitals and businesses? Why is there no alshabab in K5 (because they dont want it on their soil) and if you say they can keep it away, why have these useless troops been unable to rid of them despite "fighting" them for a decade?

limit on masajid kulaha, you think we can't see through your atheists agenda?

When did I try to conceal it lol? My vision is a secular Somalia and I see Islam as a (potential) obstacle to that. I'd have no problem with Islam if it wasn't so meddlesome.

When did I try to conceal it lol? My vision is a secular Somalia and I see Islam as a (potential) obstacle to that. I'd have no problem with Islam if it wasn't so meddlesome.
Arman the Somalia you dream of will Never happen and you will probably be beaten to death if you say you're a gaal best thing is to live in your host country in which they provide you shelter and food

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.