In 2023, it’s extremely hard to have droughts.

I work for a construction engineering company in the United States, I can build civil engineering projects and with technology programs that exist today, it’s not that complicated to build, quantify, and get costs of a public works project. If I had $100million, I could end droughts in Somalia.

the problem with the current model on humanitarian aid, is that there is no “economic value” in helping poor people. Somalia has become a place where cheap food and aid is dumped from a geopolitical game of chess.

that’s why 40 years of “aid” never created any sustainable long term solutions, the simple fact is Somalia has large aquifers and many natural resources, and droughts are a byproduct of bad leadership. And The more I learn about the problems facing Somalia, the More angry I get at the leadership for taking dignity away from our people.

In the next few months I will try to educate people on how the youth can take ownership of a “failed state” through construction/engineering. Would anyone be interested?

Mr. Nur

Aspiring Somali CEO 🇸🇴
I work for a construction engineering company in the United States, I can build civil engineering projects and with technology programs that exist today, it’s not that complicated to build, quantify, and get costs of a public works project. If I had $100million, I could end droughts in Somalia.

the problem with the current model on humanitarian aid, is that there is no “economic value” in helping poor people. Somalia has become a place where cheap food and aid is dumped from a geopolitical game of chess.

that’s why 40 years of “aid” never created any sustainable long term solutions, the simple fact is Somalia has large aquifers and many natural resources, and droughts are a byproduct of bad leadership. And The more I learn about the problems facing Somalia, the More angry I get at the leadership for taking dignity away from our people.

In the next few months I will try to educate people on how the youth can take ownership of a “failed state” through construction/engineering. Would anyone be interested?

W midset we need more people like this Insh ' Allah

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Learning Take Note GIF by BLoafX

Inshallah once I become rich I will give you the money to slove the problems

Just give me 5 years and the money is there

Mr. Nur

Aspiring Somali CEO 🇸🇴
As of 2023, Somalia is facing a number of challenges that are causing the country to struggle. These challenges include a humanitarian crisis exacerbated by climate change, poor governance, drought, hunger, disease, and violence123. Somalia is currently experiencing a massive starvation crisis, which has been building for years due to drought and global warming. The situation has been compounded by poor governance, inter-clan conflict, and marginalization2. The severe drought, hunger, disease, and violence have brought Somalia to the brink of famine, with significant segments of the population on the brink of famine3.The country is also facing threats to its security from repeated audacious attacks by the al-Qaeda-affiliated al-Shabab movement1. The revival of armed conflict between the federal government and al-Shabaab is also a major concern12. The security situation in Somalia remains fragile, with some parts of the country preventing the economy from sustaining a modest rebound in growth4.Somalia's private sector remains a source of hope, but poverty in Somalia is deep and widespread, with an estimated 69% of the population living below the poverty line in 20194. The worsening drought has led to nearly 50% of the population becoming food insecure, and one million people had been displaced by the drought by November 20224. Somalia requires coordinated local, regional, and international efforts to address these challenges and have a chance at consolidating its governance and state control1.

alx their almost done with ending the terr group now it just drought and human aid

Insh ' Allah we can fix this the next upcoming youths!

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

:susp:

The “aid” as in the millions of dollars going into Africa from the west works (not always) like a welfare scheme for the rich and educated. The money is basically used to pay for the salaries/lifestyle of the employees (who are usually from those same countries) Hotels/flights/armoured trucks and really high salaries.
after all that- there isn’t much else for infrastructure. It sucks because I genuinely believe NGO’s have so much potential to do good in places where political governance/organization is weak.

I think the main reason so many people die from drought in Somalia is also because the places that these people are dying are all AS territory. The group doesn’t allow food aid to enter their turf and they are tough on allowing civilans to leave to IDP camps in FGS controlled lands.

I talked to an older friend of mine who worked with a firm for construction bids in Somalia, everything was set but in the end the “clan elders” fought over where to build a massive solar powered electric plant, and the project was scrapped. the elders wanted bribe money and a percent of the plants revenue.

why are we like this? I can list 20+ things wrong in Somalia, and every single problem has a solution. Please please please, let’s put aside our difference, and create a world for future Somalis. We don’t need wealth, we need unity, There is enough for everyone.

The “aid” as in the millions of dollars going into Africa from the west works (not always) like a welfare scheme for the rich and educated. The money is basically used to pay for the salaries/lifestyle of the employees (who are usually from those same countries) Hotels/flights/armoured trucks and really high salaries.
after all that- there isn’t much else for infrastructure. It sucks because I genuinely believe NGO’s have so much potential to do good in places where political governance/organization is weak.
Only 25% of aid promised in Washington DC makes it out of the city, and out of that 25%, less than 1% makes it to the people.

the global humanitarian system is a joke. And Somalis are the punchline, we need to wake up!

As of 2023, Somalia is facing a number of challenges that are causing the country to struggle. These challenges include a humanitarian crisis exacerbated by climate change, poor governance, drought, hunger, disease, and violence123. Somalia is currently experiencing a massive starvation crisis, which has been building for years due to drought and global warming. The situation has been compounded by poor governance, inter-clan conflict, and marginalization2. The severe drought, hunger, disease, and violence have brought Somalia to the brink of famine, with significant segments of the population on the brink of famine3.The country is also facing threats to its security from repeated audacious attacks by the al-Qaeda-affiliated al-Shabab movement1. The revival of armed conflict between the federal government and al-Shabaab is also a major concern12. The security situation in Somalia remains fragile, with some parts of the country preventing the economy from sustaining a modest rebound in growth4.Somalia's private sector remains a source of hope, but poverty in Somalia is deep and widespread, with an estimated 69% of the population living below the poverty line in 20194. The worsening drought has led to nearly 50% of the population becoming food insecure, and one million people had been displaced by the drought by November 20224. Somalia requires coordinated local, regional, and international efforts to address these challenges and have a chance at consolidating its governance and state control1.

alx their almost done with ending the terr group now it just drought and human aid

Terrorism, violence, qabilism, and lack of resources are all a symptom of bad governance.

80% of Somalis are under 35, we should be experiencing rapid industrialization right now.

Only 25% of aid promised in Washington DC makes it out of the city, and out of that 25%, less than 1% makes it to the people.

the global humanitarian system is a joke. And Somalis are the punchline, we need to wake up!
Aid is a political tool used to keep undeveloped countries poor and under influence/control..

Internet Nomad

𝑮𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒔
VIP
Watch the documentary Empire of Dust if you want to see how dire corruption is on every level within these African countries.

Anyway I want to learn what’s causing Somalia going down

I think the main reason so many people die from drought in Somalia is also because the places that these people are dying are all AS territory. The group doesn’t allow food aid to enter their turf and they are tough on allowing civilans to leave to IDP camps in FGS controlled lands.
Terrorism, violence, qabilism, and lack of resources are all a symptom of bad governance.

80% of Somalis are under 35, we should be experiencing rapid industrialization right now.

Trending