Important Notice To My Fellow Aussies!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you've heard that the government will soon implement the new electronic health records called 'My Health Records'. Simply put, it is an electronic health records for all your health data (including sensitive issues like mental health treatments and all other conditions you may wish to remain private) that will be set up for every Aussie including children and to be held and owned by the government. Remember, your records are now only known by your doctor. It is confidential between you and your doctors. The issue at stake is privacy and security. Who can access these records? The government says, your doctor and other health care professionals, the police and other security agencies (with a court warrant) can access all your health records. The government is silent if this information will be shared by all the government departments and what happens if you are seeking an employment with these government departments or in the health sector like hospitals, public or private? Once your records becomes the ownership of the government, they could use it as it pleases them without your consent. If you have or will have a medical condition, it will lead to a discrimination of employment. The government will link your health data, your census data and your telecommunication meta data (the last one is sticky-google).

Let me share with you a warning issued by the Flight Safety Group of VIPA, (they represent pilots from all over Australia) to all their pilots, "Do not participate in the My Health Record”. They warned them because their records will be accessed by the airlines and may result in prejudicing themselves.

Everyone (including the children which will affect them negatively in the future) have an option to Opt-Out from this health-record now, but you have a very limited time because the opt-out option will end on the 15th of November, 2018 (8 more days). If you didn't opt-out by this date, you could never opt out.

What to do if you want to opt-out for you and your family?

Follow this link below. Remember, they need your driver license-Passport and your Medicare. If you’ve kids & they are written on your Medicare, fill your and their numbers.

https://www.myhealthrecord.gov.au/for-you-your-family/opt-out-my-health-record.

Scroll down & click;

Opt Out now.

Last edited:

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
:cosbyhmm: I think you and @CangeeroBear are the only aussies on here honeslty.

You guy live on the opposite side of the planet. It’s like almost 2am where I’m at and it’s like the afternoon for you guys I think

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Wow Australia is really behind.

We have had that for years. It's called mychart.

It has everything including your doctor's notes, past blood tests, immunization records, X-ray, MRI or any scan results. Medication list. Past health history, everything you could think of.

It's also confidential. I've never heard bad things about it.

Good luck to Aussies though.

Wow Australia is really behind.

We have had that for years. It's called mychart.

It has everything including your doctor's notes, past blood tests, immunization records, X-ray, MRI or any scan results. Medication list. Past health history, everything you could think of.

It's also confidential. I've never heard bad things about it.

Good luck to Aussies though.

Reiko

Successive Australian governments have been trying to implement such program for the last 30 years, till it became a negative political issue and abandoned the project. People value their privacy & will never trust it with the government. All these information will be available to a plethora of sources that could disadvantage one in seeking a job, buying health insurance, police accessing your information without your consent or borrowing money. The government now offered an olive branch for opting out and the majority of those who will opt out will be the educated and wealthy classes and their children. Now, the poor kid growing up has to deal with a double whammy competing for a job with these kids. Unlike the others, H/her health records will be available to the potential employers.

Having said that, I think it will be beneficial to older people and those who are chronically sick and have no desire to seek employment.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Reiko

Successive Australian governments have been trying to implement such program for the last 30 years, till it became a negative political issue and abandoned the project. People value their privacy & will never trust it with the government. All these information will be available to a plethora of sources that could disadvantage one in seeking a job, buying health insurance, police accessing your information without your consent or borrowing money. The government now offered an olive branch for opting out and the majority of those who will opt out will be the educated and wealthy classes and their children. Now, the poor kid growing up has to deal with a double whammy competing for a job with these kids. Unlike the others, H/her health records will be available to the potential employers.

Having said that, I think it will be beneficial to older people and those who are chronically sick and have no desire to seek employment.
Wow.

Mychart is private and no future employer or even another doctor can look at it.

I guess they're different.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I think you've heard that the government will soon implement the new electronic health records called 'My Health Records'. Simply put, it is an electronic health records for all your health data including sensitive issues like mental health treatments and all other conditions you may wish to remain private that will be set up for every Aussie including children and held by the government. Remember, your records are now only known by your doctor. The issue at stake is privacy and security. Who can access these records? The government says, your doctor and other health care professionals, the police and other security agencies with a court warrant can access all your health records. The government is silent if this information will be shared by all government departments and what happens if you are seeking an employment with these government departments or in the health sector like hospitals, public and private? They don't mention if they can access your health records. If you have or will have a medical condition, it will lead to a discrimination of employment. The government will link your health data, your census data and your telecommunication meta data (the last one is sticky-google).

Let me share with you a warning issued by the Flight Safety Group of VIPA, (they represents pilots from all over Australia) to all their pilots, "to not participate in the My Health Record”. They warned them their records will be accessed by the airlines and may result in prejudicing themselves.

Everyone (including the children) have an option to Opt-Out from this health-record now, but you have a very limited time because the opt-out option will end on the 15th of November, 2018 (8 more days). If you didn't opt-out by this date, you could never opt out.

What to do if you want to opt-out for you and your family?

https://www.myhealthrecord.gov.au/for-you-your-family/opt-out-my-health-record.

Click Opt Out now.

Aussie

U r being paranoid. Here in Minnesota we have that too. U can access your medical folder file online. Its not different from old school where doctors placed your documents in a manila folder and file it in the clinics/hospital. Digital in the future way, and accessible to patients.

Aussie

U r being paranoid. Here in Minnesota we have that too. U can access your medical folder file online. Its not different from old school where doctors placed your documents in a manila folder and file it in the clinics/hospital. Digital in the future way, and accessible to patients.

@Basra

Who owns/holds this data? Your government or your health provider/clinic/doctor?

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
@Basra

Who owns/holds this data? Your government or your health provider/clinic/doctor?

No one owns it. Its a private thing held by an institution, ie a hospital. The govt cannot access it without court orders.

No one owns it. Its a private thing held by an institution, ie a hospital. The govt cannot access it without court orders.

Basra

We are discussing two different issues. Here my records could only be accessed by me and the hospital/clinic/doctor. By law, it’s strictly confidential between us and without my consent, they can’t share with anyone and in particular, they can’t let the government and its agencies access it. But with this new health record, the government wants to own all your health information and will share with it’s agencies without your consent. They are the owner and not you. Big difference.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Basra

We are discussing two different issues. Here my records could only be accessed by me and the hospital/clinic/doctor. By law, it’s strictly confidential between us and without my consent, they can’t share with anyone and in particular, they can’t let the government and its agencies access it. But with this new health record, the government wants to own all your health information and will share with it’s agencies without your consent. They are the owner and not you. Big difference.

I see. Well....good luck.

5560.jpg

If you’ve a family in Australia, or have Aussie friends on social media, please remind them of this issue. Twitter users can spread the word too. Mostly, it will affect the children, all types of students and those who are active on the job market, employed or unemployed.

7 more days to opt-out.

If you want to opt-out via phone, you can call;

1800723471 (you only need your Medicare card)

Press 1---(My Health Records)
Press 1 again---opt out

They will ask you if you read the guidelines and understood it and why you want to opt out. Most reason given for an opt-out is, I don't trust politicians with my health record. Good luck.

If you care about your privacy, siblings and your children, read this;

My Health Record's privacy chief quits amid claims agency 'not listening'

The director of privacy at the agency behind My Health Record has quit amid claims the organisation and Health Minister Greg Hunt's office have not been taking the concerns of internal privacy experts seriously enough.

The resignation of the Australian Digital Health Agency’s director of privacy, Nicole Hunt, last month comes at a crucial time for the agency, which has faced criticism over its security and privacy policies, as it prepares to automatically enrol all Australians into having the online digital health file unless they opt out by November 15.

Ms Hunt has worked in roles across federal and state governments, including at the NBN, NSW Police, and the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. The ADHA refused to confirm the resignation despite Ms Hunt's LinkedIn profile showing she now works in privacy at ANZ Bank.

Ms Hunt declined to comment for this story.

It is further understood that from December only one existing, dedicated privacy staff member will remain at the organisation, with one leaving the business to move overseas and another going on 12 months leave. At its peak, the privacy team consisted of four people.

“The agency as a practice does not comment publicly on staffing matters,” an ADHA spokesperson said. “The agency has an experienced and well-resourced privacy team."

Asked if ADHA would replace Ms Hunt, the spokesperson said it had restructured its privacy team to report to another director.

“The agency … has recently announced an internal restructure ... to ensure the agency is the right size and shape beyond the opt-out program," they said.

"These changes have not significantly changed the staffing profile or resourcing of our privacy team, but has brought the policy and privacy functions under one director position."

ADHA declined to state which director the privacy team would now report to, saying: "The agency has nothing further to add."

Two sources close to Ms Hunt confirmed that she had left the business out of frustration that privacy and security concerns her team had raised with senior management were often ignored.

“ADHA's privacy staff are very disillusioned that their advice and that of external privacy experts has not been listened to,” one source said, adding that there was a pattern of “not listening” at senior levels at ADHA and within Health Minister Greg Hunt's office, and that concerns were treated simply as management or public relations issues.

Said a second source: “I don’t think you are on the wrong track with the 'not listening'. They are hearing, they are listening to something, but they are reconfiguring it into another conversation; and it is not the conversation the Australian public want to have."

Anna Johnston, director of privacy consultancy Salinger Privacy and a former NSW deputy privacy commissioner, said the resignation and claims of not listening were not a good look, nor was consolidating the role of privacy director with another director with other responsibilities.

“No longer having a director leading a separate privacy team outside of the broader policy area suggests to me that ADHA does not properly value the critical judgment and expertise that an independent chief privacy officer can bring to an organisation,” Ms Johnston said.

Following publication of the news of Ms Hunt's resignation on Friday, Labor's shadow health spokeswoman Catherine King said it was "extremely concerning" and showed "why we need a Privacy Commissioner review of the My Health Record".

About 17 million Australians will be automatically enrolled in the My Health record if they do not opt-out by next Thursday, despite lingering significant privacy concerns.

A separate legislation that would enshrine a patient's right to permanently delete their record, and ensure that police may only access a person's medical history with a court order, is yet to pass Parliament but politicians will not get a chance to debate the bill before the opt-out deadline.

A Senate inquiry into the rollout of the e-health system last month recommended that the opt-out period be extended by 12 months, but the extension was refused.

with Dana McCauley

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/aust...ency-not-listening/ar-BBPvxrb?ocid=spartandhp

5 more days to go.

@Rocca Littorio

I tried to explain to a couple of odeyaal but to no avail. Their reaction was the government already knows all about us what can we hide from them? Better if young people and families opt out, because it will affect them and their children more than these geezers. Preach brother.

@Yusra Luuza

Preach sister

Happy Australia Day to those who’re celebrating and Happy Invassion Day to those who are protesting.

@Rocca Littorio

I tried to explain to a couple of odeyaal but to no avail. Their reaction was the government already knows all about us what can we hide from them? Better if young people and families opt out, because it will affect them and their children more than these geezers. Preach brother.

@Yusra Luuza

Preach sister

Happy Australia Day to those who’re celebrating and Happy Invassion Day to those who are protesting.

I'll be telling my family and friends to opt out of this.

The Australian government has a penchant for interfering with people's privacy more so than a lot of governments. Remember that whole Metadata debacle when Abbott wanted people's internet footprints and tried to downplay how much information he would garner from the bill?

It's the same spying albeit with a different name.

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP
@Rocca Littorio

@Yusra Luuza

Preach sister

I don’t celebrate both Australia & invasion day lol
Thanks for the reminder but how can I access to health record?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending