Important 🚨🚨🚨

I was searching this forum for a while and yesterday I came across this man saying that there are 30,000 volumes, including 3,000 manuscripts that talk about lists of sultans, sciences, etc. Is there any update on the matter? It would be really sad if all these manuscripts were destroyed because of the war :lawd: :mjcry:
IMG_1107.jpeg
IMG_1105.jpeg

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
I was searching this forum for a while and yesterday I came across this man saying that there are 30,000 volumes, including 3,000 manuscripts that talk about lists of sultans, sciences, etc. Is there any update on the matter? It would be really sad if all these manuscripts were destroyed because of the war :lawd: :mjcry:
View attachment 321376View attachment 321377
Yes there was a huge archive in the Mogadishu Library. As the looting and sacking went on all over the country we Lost many of these manuscripts. And we didn't digitise them yet do they're gone forever

Yes there was a huge archive in the Mogadishu Library. As the looting and sacking went on all over the country we Lost many of these manuscripts. And we didn't digitise them yet do they're gone forever
Well, there are 3,000 manuscripts. It is illogical that all of them were lost. At least 2,000 of them would be good if we were very optimistic. It would be a disaster if we lost most of them in such circumstances. Our Islamic history, at least part of it, is gone and we know nothing about it. :lawd:

Bass

😼
Well, there are 3,000 manuscripts. It is illogical that all of them were lost. At least 2,000 of them would be good if we were very optimistic. It would be a disaster if we lost most of them in such circumstances. Our Islamic history, at least part of it, is gone and we know nothing about it. :lawd:
It will probably be recovered, there have been worse situations that information have survived.

NidarNidar

Punisher
Not everything is gone, my grandfather had extensive books in Arabic relating to early Sufism in Somali and astronomy, he passed away recently but his book collection is with some of the clan elders now.

at least 70% of that collection is rotting away in someone private collection.

How true Is this I rember reading a source that state that they only had a few hundred mansucripts I think around 600? I'm pretty sure most manuscripts are in private hands.

Not everything is gone, my grandfather had extensive books in Arabic relating to early Sufism in Somali and astronomy, he passed away recently but his book collection is with some of the clan elders now.

This exactly what I was talking about. You have these western scholars who talk about history in the horn of african and somalia. When they have zero acess to like 99% of the sources in arabic what they do can't even be called scholarship. Anybody who writes the first history using these sources will absolutely flip the entire field of somali studies on its head.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
This exactly what I was talking about. You have these western scholars who talk about history in the horn of african and somalia. When they have zero acess to like 99% of the sources in arabic what they do can't even be called scholarship. Anybody who writes the first history using these sources will absolutely flip the entire field of somali studies on its head.
I don't take these English books like IM Lewis as an actual history but more Orientalism with some facts sprinkled in.

A Somali history book using these older Arabic sources that a Somali man could easily get through connections with clan elders and maybe some digging through archives in Arab countries would change the way Somalia is viewed in the Historical context completely.

allah yarhamuh , This is really good bro. I recently heard that a national museum was opened in the capital and it is said to be larger than the previous museum. Let us hope that these predictions are correct because in reality they will change a lot

NidarNidar

Punisher
Sadly a lot of our pre-Islamic history has been lost, but some of it has been fused into Islam but has been nuked since the 1970 and since the downfall of the Somali nation has been heavily influenced by external forces like the Salafist movement.

The gold is buried deep underground, and Awdal alone has many secrets, one thing I love about Somali people is superstition, which has kept many sites safe from looting, the honeypot will be around the coasts, especially Sanaag.

I don't take these English books like IM Lewis as an actual history but more Orientalism with some facts sprinkled in.

A Somali history book using these older Arabic sources that a Somali man could easily get through connections with clan elders and maybe some digging through archives in Arab countries would change the way Somalia is viewed in the Historical context completely.
I can confirm that bro ,Through these Arabic manuscripts, our view of the Islamic world will change, and we have not even reached the ancient monuments and kingdoms. I see that Somalia has great potential as an Islamic history, so that it can easily be one of the hubs of Islamic countries with a very rich history and great influence.

NidarNidar

Punisher

I believe this is the way, clan elders have a lot of knowledge that is usually passed down via books.

Nidar DM me walaal
This member limits who may view their full profile, can't bro.