I'm looking for Swedish Somali with a nack for design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rageethi,

I'm looking for a competent Somali Swede! With a nack for industrial design.

If you can help me leverage your Swedish citizenship for a "Made or Designed in Sweden" brand we need to talk.

Individual must be interested in E-commerce and designing.

Everything will be completed on my end. Just need a business registered in Sweden.

Areas of interest are:
Scandinavian designed hard products like: Chairs, Tables, Lights and Marble accessories.

Products will be made in China but designed in Sweden.

Email me @ puntiteport@gmail.com

Preference will be given to a Somali Swede studying logistics and procurement.

Nin xun

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I don't know anyone in industrial design but I'm pretty sure a product has to be manufactured in Sweden to hold that label, to what degree I'm not fully sure but I'll check it up a bit later.

I don't know anyone in industrial design but I'm pretty sure a product has to be manufactured in Sweden to hold that label, to what degree I'm not fully sure but I'll check it up a bit later.

It's between 10-20% completion to say "Made in Sweden" and to get "Designed in Sweden" you need a business registered in Sweden.

The person doesn't need industrial design experience because there are many agencies that can create a 1 of 1 design for you. Production will be done in China or Vietnam.

Are you in Sweden? With a name like "Nin Xun" we might need to place strict audit and prosecute controls. LooL

I like design haha don't know much about industrial design tho

Yo @LarryThePuntite what E commerce site would you recommend? I've been looking into different sites like shopify and squarespace

Shopify all the way.

Squarespace name got dragged in the media because of a racial HR complaint by a black women against a senior associate. Squarespace blows.

Are you in Sweden?

Shopify all the way.

Squarespace name got dragged in the media because of a racial HR complained by a black women against a senior associate. Squarespace blows.

Are you in Sweden?

Shopify it is then, I was thinking of using a couple of different platforms anyway.

No I currently live in London, but I was born and raised in denmark, so reer scandinavia haha

Shopify it is then, I was thinking of using a couple of different platforms anyway.

No I currently live in London, but I was born and raised in denmark, so reer scandinavia haha

So you hold a Danish passport?

What kind of Niche are you trying to get involved with? Scandinavian design is incredible and it's on fire globabally.

So you hold a Danish passport?

What kind of Niche are you trying to get involved with? Scandinavian design is incredible and it's on fire globabally.

Yeah I've got a danish passport Scandinavian home deco is denfinitley in style! That sleek minimalistic aesthetics is everywhere lol

Haha I'm more into art than furniture design. I've already done comssions before so I thought I'd be able to take it to the next level you know, online. I like the idea of selling prints of drawings and artworks I've done. Less time consuming than during commissions and less hands on after the inital set up. Plus there's always the opportunity to branch of: pillows, mugs, t shirts etc

Yeah I've got a danish passport Scandinavian home deco is denfinitley in style! That sleek minimalistic aesthetics is everywhere lol

Haha I'm more into art than furniture design. I've already done comssions before so I thought I'd be able to take it to the next level you know, online. I like the idea of selling prints of drawings and artworks I've done. Less time consuming than during commissions and less hands on after the inital set up. Plus there's always the opportunity to branch of: pillows, mugs, t shirts etc

That's awesome.

Always think "1000 rule". If you can get a 1000 hardcore consumers buying your product and sharing the story you will be fine.

Everyone wants to create billion dollar companies. It's not realistic.

If you focus on Micro niche you will get a lot of traction. Use this trickle method:

-Painting and drawings.
--African paintings and drawings
--African kingdoms paintings and drawings.
--keep trickling down to a message.

In the end you will hit your core mark.

"We design African canvas print from ancient African kingdoms"

You recreate art and get artists from fiverr to help and mass print them in China.

Us 54 countries in Africa and make limited print canvas for them. Then you will see who's more interested and focus on that niche.

Just an example of micro niche. You have be detailed in what you do. Make it specific to an audience

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I like design haha don't know much about industrial design tho

Yo @LarryThePuntite what E commerce site would you recommend? I've been looking into different sites like shopify and squarespace
Wix, Weebly and Squarespace aren't feasible alternatives when it comes to E-Commerce primarily in light of the fact that they don't even support automated drop shipping. There's truly no reason to be utilizing them at all unless ofcourse all you want to do is to build a website then yeah, they're great for that.

Was using Shopify couple months back to set something up for my aunt and I was baffled at how piss easy they managed to make it as though it wasn't already easy enough couple years back. Wallahi it's gotten easy to the point where if someone was to tell me that Stephen Hawkings created a store with the sensor in his cheek I wouldn't even doubt them one bit. Nah though, runti Shopify is an all rounder but it cunoqabateens you when it comes down to customization and flexibility.

I'd recommend WooCommerce, Magento and PrestaShop. There's a learning curve to some of these and instances where technical 'know how' (basics of PHP will do e.g. foreach, fors, loops etc.) is needed but it's worth it and you could do so much more. Possibilities are endless.

Wix, Weebly and Squarespace aren't feasible alternatives when it comes to E-Commerce primarily in light of the fact that they don't even support automated drop shipping. There's truly no reason to be utilizing them at all unless ofcourse all you want to do is to build a website then yeah, they're great for that.

Was using Shopify couple months back to set something up for my aunt and I was baffled at how piss easy they managed to make it as though it wasn't already easy enough couple years back. Wallahi it's gotten easy to the point where if someone was to tell me that Stephen Hawkings created a store with the sensor in his cheek I wouldn't even doubt them one bit. Nah though, runti Shopify is an all rounder but it cunoqabateens you when it comes down to customization and flexibility.

I'd recommend WooCommerce, Magento and PrestaShop. There's a learning curve to some of these and instances where technical 'know how' (basics of PHP will do e.g. foreach, fors, loops etc.) is needed but it's worth it and you could do so much more. Possibilities are endless.

If have tried all those before and Shopify is by far the easiest as you mentioned.

Watch "Wired on Shenzhen" its on YouTube, There's killer accelerators there that can design a macawees that tells you how well you sleep.

I love ecommerce because a 14 year old black girl or Muslim dude can start a brand and nobody knows who you are. The brand speaks for you.

@ghost cheers fam, shopify honestly sounds like the better option. Drop shipping is vital and customisation is definitely a big plus

That's awesome.

Always think "1000 rule". If you can get a 1000 hardcore consumers buying your product and sharing the story you will be fine.

Everyone wants to create billion dollar companies. It's not realistic.

If you focus on Micro niche you will get a lot of traction. Use this trickle method:

-Painting and drawings.
--African paintings and drawings
--African kingdoms paintings and drawings.
--keep trickling down to a message.

In the end you will hit your core mark.

"We design African canvas print from ancient African kingdoms"

You recreate art and get artists from fiverr to help and mass print them in China.

Us 54 countries in Africa and make limited print canvas for them. Then you will see who's more interested and focus on that niche.

Just an example of micro niche. You have be detailed in what you do. Make it specific to an audience

Yeah finding a niche is the thing i need to focus on the most I think. It sounds silly but sometimes i go on etsy to look at different shops and they way the market it towards their audience lol ppl on there rly have their niches on lock. Who would have thought baby stuff was so lucrative. :patrice: Gaining exposure seems tricky as well, the initial push to get ppl to actual go on your site hmmm. But I figured I could just work some social media magic when the times come

Be careful with ordering stuff from dhegdheer, the only style she knows is brutalist.
:mjlol:
Don't tarnish my brand nacala :pacspit:

@ghost cheers fam, shopify honestly sounds like the better option. Drop shipping is vital and customisation is definitely a big plus

Yeah finding a niche is the thing i need to focus on the most I think. It sounds silly but sometimes i go on etsy to look at different shops and they way the market it towards their audience lol ppl on there rly have their niches on lock. Who would have thought baby stuff was so lucrative. :patrice: Gaining exposure seems tricky as well, the initial push to get ppl to actual go on your site hmmm. But I figured I could just work some social media magic when the times come

Don't tarnish my brand nacala :pacspit:

Etsy is the single most overlooked platform by Somali females in the Despora. The amazing thing about e-commerce and platforms like Etsy is that, you don't have to show your hijab or anyother thing that makes Somali women loose confidence in the market place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts