Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 18.40.52.png

http://www.unz.com/article/the-iq-gap-is-no-longer-a-black-and-white-issue/

@Amun @MadNomad thoughts?

Apollo

VIP
Probably some kind of bias in the immigration system, only the best Igbos can leave their country. None of them get in via asylum stuff.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
It's called merit based immigration. Nigeria has a serious brain drain problem, so obviously the ones in the UK don't represent the average. And with a population of 200+ million, there's a lot of smart people available to export.

Last edited:

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
It's called merit based immigration. Nigeria has a serious brain drain problem, so obviously the ones in the UK don't represent the average.
Merit based immigration? these Nigerians are also exceeding in educational achievement at high school level and most are in the same socio economic bracket as poor lower class whites performing better on GCSEs than many elite schools in UK.

My point is, it isn't only a highly elite subset of Nigerians doing this well, its many families from different socioeconomic brackets with incredibly high level of academic achievement

Macalin M

Out here
I’ve realised, the Nigerians in my block that are Igbos are usually smart which is why I used to study with them

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Merit based immigration? these Nigerians are also exceeding in educational achievement at high school level and most are in the same socio economic bracket as poor lower class whites performing better on GCSEs than many elite schools in UK.

My point is, it isn't only a highly elite subset of Nigerians doing this well, its many families from different socioeconomic brackets with incredibly high level of academic achievement

How are Nigerians currently doing in Southern Europe? That particular Nigerian immigration wave came through similar means as Somalis this time around. No excelling, mostly crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts