If you own some farm land in Jowhar but dont have the paper to show for it ?

If someone fled Mogadishu back in 91 and didn't take papers with them in the panic that showed their ownership of farms in Jowhar what do they do ? its easier with houses because other people know who lived in what house its way more difficult for the new government offices to recognize the old ownership of farmland. And when I say farm land I mean just the land not an active farm that was producing fruits and had people working on it.

All government offices was looted and destroyed during feb month 1991. Papers was burned out of spite total anarchy

The only route I can think of, is if you still are in contact with local people living there today. Even then it may not be viable, but witnesses could be some form of testimony.

Other than this, unless the government initiates an agency (with the help of courts) that's dedicated to returning looted/stolen assets to its rightful owners, it will be hard to achieve it on your own accord. Especially in rural areas.

Somali Saayid

It's been a while hasn't it?
VIP
The only route I can think of, is if you still are in contact with local people living there today. Even then it may not be viable, but witnesses could be some form of testimony.

Other than this, unless the government initiates an agency (with the help of courts) that's dedicated to returning looted/stolen assets to its rightful owners, it will be hard to achieve it on your own accord. Especially in rural areas.
Or.........
You show up on of these with family or friends and tell the squatter to get of your land or be shot.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I know there is a guy in Xamar that kept all the records of land ownership and people would pay him to confirm their ownership. I'm not sure if that was just for Xamar or included places outside too.

Somali Saayid

It's been a while hasn't it?
VIP
I know there is a guy in Xamar that kept all the records of land ownership and people would pay him to confirm their ownership. I'm not sure if that was just for Xamar or included places outside too.
This guy in '91'

"Yo it would be a good idea to do the job the government is incapable of and charge people money for it, can't wait for this shit to die down."

Best thing you could do get the reliable elders to confirm it before its to late and get the government accept that you don't have papers but got elders to testify it's yours and make sure happens now loads of people got their land and home back u just got too pay people that's all
those that didn't do it early lost big time some even got their home and land taken by gun men now belonging to other people cos the owner didn't show up

You are mentally disturbed. Those documents no longer exist. Bro stay in your lane. Worry about the affairs in puntland. You have zero knowledge of what's going on in xamar.

Even if those documents existed, they are outdated and the laws regarding property or farm ownership has changed in Somalia. The government is also incapable of enforcing justice, law or accountability.

Even if those documents existed, they are outdated and the laws regarding property or farm ownership has changed in Somalia. The government is also incapable of enforcing justice, law or accountability.

Why do you speak on things you know nothing about? For someone who supposedly 'comes' from south, you should know this. Many people have been able to recover assets in urban areas, especially in Xamar through old documentations of land ownership.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
If someone fled Mogadishu back in 91 and didn't take papers with them in the panic that showed their ownership of farms in Jowhar what do they do ? its easier with houses because other people know who lived in what house its way more difficult for the new government offices to recognize the old ownership of farmland. And when I say farm land I mean just the land not an active farm that was producing fruits and had people working on it.
The best way to prove it is by making a few calls to your local clan millitia.
See it, say it, sort it.

Trending

Latest posts