if you have thick hair, please join the discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have really thick curly hair and when I put it in a pony tail it gets bunched up in the place where the hair tie is and it feels really thick and tangled at that part idk why. other people with curly hair have it all slick and only the tail part is curly, and the meeting place looks "thin" like this woman's
images

any tips on how you deal with it or suggestions for blogs for video tutorial for people with extremely thick hair would be helpful. I watched a few of halssa's videos but she has thinner hair than me I suppose

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
I have short curls which when i grow out it becomes fluffy and after some length turns into an afro.I used to just grow it out but now i cut it short and release the short soft curls.My only styling is saleed and it gives it a nice shine.
Anyways when my hair was long i used to put saleed mixed with water and scrub it in and compress a towel on my hair.I'm not a woman but i suggest you stick with the basics,good old saleed and biyo should do the trick if you're somali.I wish you the best of luck with your hair styling endeavors.:mjswag::mjswag::mjswag:
#jileeecsquad

Do you have the same hair type as her? Like 3a vs 3b.

I am no expert, and have never put my hair in a pony tail before.

I think 'm 3b to 3c i'm no expert in this particular arena

There are a lot of hair types. You can only tell when your hair is at a decent length. Even then your hair might be different, it might be in between two hair types. How long was your hair when it was at its longest?

I hope the females can answer her question.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
There are a lot of hair types. You can only tell when your hair is at a decent length. Even then your hair might be different, it might be in between two hair types. How long was your hair when it was at its longest?

I hope the females can answer her question.
pretty long,and it becomes an afro if it gets to a certain length

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
I have really thick curly hair and when I put it in a pony tail it gets bunched up in the place where the hair tie is and it feels really thick and tangled at that part idk why. other people with curly hair have it all slick and only the tail part is curly, and the meeting place looks "thin" like this woman's
images

any tips on how you deal with it or suggestions for blogs for video tutorial for people with extremely thick hair would be helpful. I watched a few of halssa's videos but she has thinner hair than me I suppose
It depends what sort of thick hair you have,can you please provide a visual of a person with thick hair that is equivalent to yours

Put some type of holding spray or gel on your hair. A thick conditioner works too if you don't like using gels and anything kind of drying like that.

The night before you wear your hair in a ponytail tie it down with a silk satin scarf. And that should work for you. It works for me if I want a sleek looking ponytail.

Put some type of holding spray or gel on your hair. A thick conditioner works too if you don't like using gels and anything kind of drying like that.

The night before you wear your hair in a ponytail tie it down with a silk satin scarf. And that should work for you. It works for me if I want a sleek looking ponytail.

:feedme: What should I do about frizzy hair? My hair is not too long yet but yea, sometimes it ain't great.

Also the windy might messes my shit up some days, what do I do?

:feedme: What should I do about frizzy hair? My hair is not too long yet but yea, sometimes it ain't great.

Also the windy might messes my shit up some days, what do I do?
I would recommend a hydrolized protein treatment to rebuild your hair strands about every 3 weeks.

And a deep conditioning mask left in overnight once a week.

Don't expose your hair too much to the elements. Wear hats as much as you can. Just until your hair gets healthier.

I make one long braid everyday, then roll it into a bun. It's the only way I can keep it under control.

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
PSA for my thin haired brothers and sisters.
Ka faiideysta major keygan
2 parts Castor oil + 1 part Coconut Oil + 1 part Almond Oil +(drops of your choice of catar) in a cup which you put in a pot or baaquli 30% filled with hot water. When the oil gets warm and mixes well, you put the oils in your hair and wrap it with a du-rag or shower cap for the night.
Useful for: Thickens hair, brings back xaad to hair line that was long forgotten, reduced breakage and hair loss.

For the men in the Beard Gang, this is a PSA for you lot as well. Your beards will thank me for this
:mjswag:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending