If two camel herders meet at a water well in Somalia.

I always wondered this, if two camel herders in Somalia meet at a water well. And the herds mix, how do they separate their herds, how are disputes settled? Is there a system in place? Do camels have “chips” on their ears to distinguish ownership, like with western pets.

Internet Nomad

𝑮𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒔
VIP
Dont livestock nowadays have mobile numbers sprayed on to their side. Incase they get loses their is away to call the owner.

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
The animals know, have seen it happen myself with various animals.

You need to herd the leader of the pack and the rest will follow. There is always one idiot trying to join another flock.

They are either picked up by the owners or walk home by themselves during the day.

The real danger lies with sheep, they are notorious for taking goats and going on adventures. Most of the time they return the goats. Have seen this happen too.

Fun times 😂😂

The camels are branded with symbols or marked with numbers to help identify them

0A47F016-0CA2-4ADD-8A5A-E44FFC946079.jpeg
769ACF2C-CF93-440E-9488-63511ADD7C6C.jpeg

Calaami

Garaadka Guud ee Beesha Calaamka
I always wondered this, if two camel herders in Somalia meet at a water well. And the herds mix, how do they separate their herds, how are disputes settled? Is there a system in place? Do camels have “chips” on their ears to distinguish ownership, like with western pets.
They write their # onto the camels hide. People don’t steal camels like that, it’s an honor thing. Most water wells are shared between clans today so there’s no issues there either.

Trending