Identity issues!

I personally never had identity issues, i kind always new who i am and that’s it.
But since I got older and focused more on social issues, i realized that a lot of people had those issues. I first thought it was like an cadaan or gaal thing, but a lot of people on here have these issues and my question is what’s the fucking problem? How do you not know who you are?
People say “oh I am Muslim, that’s my identity” or “i am straight” but isn’t that superficial in a way? I am not just a religion or an sexual orientation. People think that for me it should been an issue since I am half mexican and I like have to balance two “identities” but It never was.

Do you guys struggle with your identity? - if so in what way?

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
There are Somalis even now struggling with this. Just look at the BLM crap and desperately making up a slavery sob story to feel connected with blacks.

There are Somalis even now struggling with this. Just look at the BLM crap and desperately making up a slavery sob story to feel connected with blacks.
Supporting BLM isn’t a bad thing and doesn’t mean you have identity issues. Somali ppl were never actual slaves in that sense

White

Sippin tea in yo hood. PS IM A DUDE
Supporting BLM isn’t a bad thing and doesn’t mean you have identity issues. Somali ppl were never actual slaves in that sense
Yes it does, these es live in London and shout BLM as if police brutality is a thing in london, london police are miskeen but these qashin say f*ck the police who protect their communities.

They think they're jamaicans or the american blacks.

Wardheere

Qolana Janno qolana naar
I personally never had identity issues, i kind always new who i am and that’s it.
But since I got older and focused more on social issues, i realized that a lot of people had those issues. I first thought it was like an cadaan or gaal thing, but a lot of people on here have these issues and my question is what’s the fucking problem? How do you not know who you are?
People say “oh I am Muslim, that’s my identity” or “i am straight” but isn’t that superficial in a way? I am not just a religion or an sexual orientation. People think that for me it should been an issue since I am half mexican and I like have to balance two “identities” but It never was.

What is identity?

I am muslim first before any thing else if that is superficial for you then i dont know what is deep for you.

That does not mean i hate my ethnicity.

What is identity?

I am muslim first before any thing else if that is superficial for you then i dont know what is deep for you.

That does not mean i hate my ethnicity.
I mean I am Muslim but like that is part of my identity not all of it.
I am a muslim, somali/mexican,writer, son and brother, dreamer and actor(inshaallah) who was born and raised in Germany

I mean that’s what makes me, me

Last edited:
Yes it does, these es live in London and shout BLM as if police brutality is a thing in london, london police are miskeen but these qashin say f*ck the police who protect their communities.

They think they're jamaicans or the american blacks.
I support the BLM movement because there are killings of black unarmed men happening in the US, just because there’re none in London doesn’t mean they or I should be quite about it! I am not saying f*ck the London police but I saying f*ck the killers who are police

White

Sippin tea in yo hood. PS IM A DUDE
Is that all? So you’re like every other Somali. It’s not your identity, who are you? What makes you different from every other Somali?
identity
ʌɪˈdɛntɪti/
noun
  1. 1.
    the fact of being who or what a person or thing is.
    "he knows the identity of the bombers"

I am somali, then I am african.

When you go abroad and someone asks where are you from, how do you reply?

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
I never had problems with it at all either. I have seen people who were mixed talk about this issue though. But that was on social media.

I never second guessed myself or anything. Whenever people ask me what am I. I just reply with “I’m Somali”.

You are who you are and you should be comfortable with that no matter what people think. But you shouldn't ignore labels you fit into just because "it isn't the only thing that defines you." Those labels still are important parts of who you are and you should embrace them if you want to live a better life.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

If u r half Mexican, I am glad u dont have identity issue. People of mixed race always find themselves questioning who they r or where they belong. Obama is a good example. But ultimately u choose a side, and obviously like Obama the black side, and you the Somali side is dominant. I congratulate u

If u r half Mexican, I am glad u dont have identity issue. People of mixed race always find themselves questioning who they r or where they belong. Obama is a good example. But ultimately u choose a side, and obviously like Obama the black side, and you the Somali side is dominant. I congratulate u
None of my sides are dominant, it's just because they are less mexicans here than somali.

My identity is simple as it can get the greatest to least of importance to me of who I am.
I’m Muslim
My family
I’m Somali
My branch
My subclan
My Clan
I’m African

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts